THE ASHES

METALMAN

Oh my. I usually support in England in these things, but even so, I'm really glad they are struggling. The previous Ashes series was miserably easy. I went to the game at The Oval and it was hard to care because it just didn't matter. Cricket just doesn't work without Australia being the big bad guy, and they need to be good for the to work out. So I'm glad they are good again.

Mind you, Mitchell Johnson annoys me a bit. And I'm speaking as someone that actually liked Ricky Ponting. Fantastic performance, mind you.

Johnson doesn't bother me too much. I didn't like him when he first started playing internationals because he was a bit shit at the time. Ponting was a bit annoying and Clarke seems a bit too precious, but I'd much prefer him over guys like Warner.

Back to the game, with Bell gone it's only the rain that can save England from going 2-0 down now. 4/143 and with a full day and a session to go.

LUCKY BASTARD!!!

I'd love to be there to watch Mitchy bowling bouncers on the fastest pitch. England think they've faced bad before. They're in for a whole new hell at the WACA.

Why was the last time Australia won? Feels like it's been a while.

Why was the last time we won?

Yeah it was the 5-0 whitewash in 2006/07 when Warne and McGrath retired.

Wouldn't bet against a similar result this time.

Reason in bold.