THE ASHES

METALMAN

Turns out Trott should be smashing the third umpire to pieces today. I have no idea how you can over-turn a decision using technology when a vital part of the technology wasn't recording the delivery in question.

He didn't connect with the ball though, that was pretty obvious, I don't see why they should have given him the BOD there. Had Agar not been given the benefit earlier I don't think anyone would be debating it. The fact that they couldn't use one hot spot camera because they wanted to show Root's dismissal is bullshit though, either it should be able to record multiple balls or Sky should have shown the replay before the next delivery was bowled.

First night of the ashes I was like "who the hell is the ten year old playing for Australia?", then last night I was definitely pro-Agar lol and was upset that he missed out on the century but he just got too excited at the end instead of playing a couple of safe shots...

I still don't think Australia will win the ashes back unfortunately but at least a few people are putting in some effort and making this a game...

C'MON AUSSIES!!!

We're on 297 now, no reason that Bell, Broad and Swann can't take us up to 360ish. Then as long as Anderson and Finn don't throw their wickets away we could get another 30 or so. I don't think 400 is too unreasonable.

That was just insane, admittedly at first glance I got it wrong too, but that was because I thought he hit it straight to slip without Haddin's glove being involved.

I agree with you about Broad, but given the Agar/Trott decisions I can see why he didn't.

I don't get why Broad should have walked? The umpire is there to do a job, it's not Broad's fault. I don't think many of the Australians would have walked, in fact Michael Clarke did the exact same thing during the Ashes in 2010.

Plus if they didn't waste their referral on that one that clearly wasn't out they'd have got the decision.