Troy

Numbahs

Just got back from seeing it, and while it wasn't classic, it was good.

I like almost all of Brad Pitt's work, something I used to be ashamed to admit, but Se7en, Ocean's Eleven, Snatch, and now Troy changed all that.

I was a little mad about the fight scene with Nathan Jones, it could have been longer, but eh, I see the point of it.

I think the problem with the fight scenes is that LotR's has become the standard for Mass Battle scenes, and you can't really do that in this film. With LotR, the Orcs and Human's offset eachother visually, while the Greeks and Trojans were very similar, taking away from the effect.

Helen was hot, but not hot enough to go to war over >_>

The youngest prince was a bitch.

I understand the whole point of Achilles being the son of Gods, and invincible, but still, a wound that wouldn't kill a mortal man kills him? The arrows to the torso aren't what kills him, its the arrow to the ankle, read the Illyad, and you'll know.

Agememnon was comic genius at some points, and great acting all around by whoever the hell played him.

The only really good battle scene was Hectar vs Achilles. Dodging the strike by lifting your foot? Genius.

The image of the boats was great.

I liked it, decent movie, but not classic. If you go in suspecting Gladiator, you'll be disappointed.

7/10

Oh, and the trailers for Arthur make it look kick ass.

Sorry to update an oldish topic, but I have a couple of questions that may have not warranted a thread by themselves.

Firstly, I enjoyed the film. It was never going to be best film ever, but a good 7.5/10 for me, I enjoyed it. The thing that got me was not knowing who to cheer for. I rooted for Hector, wanted Paris dead, and didn't like nor dislike Achillies. Over all a decent film though IMO.

Anyway, the questions I had were about the original Illyad (sp). I was wondering what was changed for the film? A friend of mine says Paris dies, and Achillies dies a different way. Is this true? And what else was changed for the film? Other then the time-frame anyway. The war in the film was a couple of days..................

Again, sorry if bumping this old thread was a bad idea

Guest MuRd0K

Wait, I did saw the movie but I saw Nathan Jones nowhere in it.

Was he the fat guy that Hector (Eric Bana) killed defending Paris (Orlando Bloom)? The guy who was the brother of the greek king? Or who was him?

And well.... I liked the movie.

numbahs, I think you might want to read this:

Pitt and Aniston Walk Out on 'Troy'

Hollywood hunk Brad Pitt caused outrage at the Cannes Film Festival last week - by walking out of the official screening of his film Troy before it had started. The 40-year-old actor got up and left the cinema with his Friends star wife Jennifer Aniston before the lights went down. A horrified witness says, "It is almost unprecedented not to watch your own film at Cannes. Their vacant seats did not go unnoticed". Pitt is next up on the big screen later this year in Ocean's Twelve opposite George Clooney, Julia Roberts and Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Apparently, Pitt thinks it sucks, too.