What bands do you hate?

METALMAN

Oasis. And whatever shite the Gallaghers are associated with now.

Fucking bland music, fucking awful people.

And yes, apart from In Rainbows which I really liked and OK Computer which is a given. Radiohead are overrated as hell. TKOL was utter shit.

Might as well throw Mumford and Sons in there as well. I don't see the appeal at all.

Radiohead come really, really close for me. I hate Thom Yorke's voice, and I hate that he seems to have absolutely no fucking sense of humour whatsoever, and I hate that his band produce "experimental" music for people who have never heard experimental music before.

I also hate The Killers. They're absolute fucking bollocks.

I'm really not keen on that line of argument (for anything, not just music) because it comes across as so pretentious. I'm not going to pretend to know enough about Radiohead, but you seem to be blaming them for the kind of people that listen to their music. Just because it's not at the extreme of experimental music doesn't it mean people can't enjoy it and praise it for being distinctive and different. Everyone's got to have a gateway to genre's of music, and I'm sure Radiohead were a gateway for a lot of people into more experimental music, while I'm sure others haven't.

But I just think it seems misplaced to berate a band for producing something different which becomes popular with people who hadn't previously liked the genre.

• Like 2

Radiohead come really, really close for me. I hate Thom Yorke's voice, and I hate that he seems to have absolutely no fucking sense of humour whatsoever, and I hate that his band produce "experimental" music for people who have never heard experimental music before.

Whilst Thom Yorke being a nob is a contributing factor, I largely dislike Radiohead because they are terrible.

• Like 6

Metal music in general, actually. I mean, how am I supposed to enjoy your music if I can't understand what you're singing?

I have no idea to this day what those two wrestling fans singing "What?" were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man on EWB felt free.
  • Like 3