What bands do you hate?

METALMAN

Yeah, Beefheart is very good. The National are a band I like but I can completely understand why someone wouldn't, and they sort of have the Regina Spektor problem where their one really awesome song overshadows everything else ("Us" for Spektor, "Bloodbuzz Ohio" for the National).

I wouldn't write off Cap'n Beefheart just cause you didn't like TMR. Give Safe As Milk a listen.

OK. I did, it was actually pretty decent, inventive blues rock. I'll probably never "get" Trout Mask Replica though

Yeah, I feel the exact same way. I really like Beefheart but I've never really got on with Trout Mask Replica. But that's the one you're always recommended to try first and it can kill him for a lot of people. It nearly did for me.

And yeah, I think universal U2 hate is over the top. I'm no huge fan, but they've had plenty of good singles.

I like Trout Mask Replica a lot but could not listen to it all the time. My favorites of his are his more tender ones -- "Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles" and "White Jam" until he Beefhearts it, which is generally not bad except it's really jarring here. Almost wish he had done a whole album of that stuff but I know it'd be crap.

If I ever saw 'Citizen Erased' live I'd burst.

I nearly did. All the Japanese fans had been getting excited about the new stuff while wearing their new tour t-shirts and singing along to the new songs. I was in the pits of meh until the first strains of Citizen Erased and then I went slightly mental in amongst a crowd who were suddenly much quieter.

...and yeah, I've never liked Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Creed - I prefer them as Alter Bridge with Myles Kennedy on vocals. Scott Stapp sucks, and the only Creed song I actually like is "Bullets". As a DJ, i rarely get requests for Creed, and when I do its usually "Arms Wide Open" (which I absolutely hate), but lately I've had someone who requests "One Last Breath".

Pearl Jam - One of most overrated bands of all time. I refuse to play Jeremy, as its one of the worst, most overplayed songs of all time. And I will be happy if I never ever hear it again as long as I live. Can't think of a single PJ song I actually like.

Oasis - Both Gallagher brothers are world class assholes, and the only good song they ever did is "Champagne Supernova". I'm pretty sure the song "Wonderwall" is on heavy rotation in Hell.

Insane Clown Posse - I'm about convinced that "Juggalo" means "brain dead sheep" in some other language. Have yet to meet someone who calls themself a Juggalo that I didn't want to beat the living shit out of within 5 minutes - either online or in real life. ICP is THE musical act I flat out refuse to play anything by as a DJ.....because I refuse to buy or download anything by them, and if someone handed me a CD it would be used as a nice coaster.

Coldplay - The only song by them I like is Viva La Vida, but I can stand to listen to Clocks without retching.

Blaze Bayley era Iron Maiden and Ripper Owens era Judas Priest - Sorry, but there's no replacing Dickinson or Halford. I'm also not too keen on Iced Earth with Owens, either.

Nightwish with Anette Olzon - I understand why they fired Tarja from the band, but what the hell were they thinking with Anette? I'm glad she's left the group, and while it likely won't happen, I wish Floor Jansen, who took over as vocalist for their latest tour, would become their new singer.

Drowning Pool with their current vocalist. Jasen Moreno's voice just seems....wrong....after their previous singers. I wish Ryan McCombs was still with the band. On the other hand, Bobby Amaru replacing Josey Scott in Saliva seems to be an improvement......but that's not saying much. (I don't like OR hate Saliva - I'm mostly indifferent toward them)