The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

What If;

Spoiler

It's an interesting one, because this time around Thanos is kind of right. By wiping out 50% of the population, chances are you're taking out the majority of the zombies, and there's even a possibility that you get the bulk of the zombies and save some survivors, who knows? 

I was disappointed that it was mostly a bit of a generic zombie story, though. Before the Marvel Zombies comics went completely insane, I liked that their approach was that the infection only affected people with superpowers. You had interesting dynamics like The Punisher trying to fight alongside Deadpool and Wolverine, who were able to hold off the infection through their regenerative powers.

A fun thing I read over the weekend about Thanos, that's not really an MCU thing but still funny. There's a hero called Gorilla-Man. He's ageless, but stuck in the body of a gorilla. He became Gorilla-Man by killing the previous Gorilla-Man. Presumably, that curse carries over, and anyone who kills the current Gorilla-Man becomes the new Gorilla-Man.

Which means that when Thanos wipes out 50% of the population, there's a 50/50 chance that doing so would have transformed him into a gorilla.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, tristy said:

I did not like this episode all that much. And it ended very abruptly. But, jesus - the body count wasn't super high or anything, but it packs a punch.

Wasn't crazy about it, but I liked this version of Killmonger.  Calculating, many steps ahead of everyone else.  Was a good portrayal I thought

Speaking of Killmonger, i'm kinda sad that they killed him off in Black Panther because I feel he could've easily came back ala Daniel Bruhl/Zemo and be a recurring character whose got a loose code that can see them bend themselves into working for the heroes at some points whilst also furthering his own agenda.

29 minutes ago, JasonM said:

Speaking of Killmonger, i'm kinda sad that they killed him off in Black Panther because I feel he could've easily came back ala Daniel Bruhl/Zemo and be a recurring character whose got a loose code that can see them bend themselves into working for the heroes at some points whilst also furthering his own agenda.

I've been reading stuff, and I don't remember Black Panther enough to recall if its true, but we never see him die.  He asks to be left alone on the coast of Wakanda.  So there might be a chance he's still alive

Caught up on the What IFs over the past few days. Favourite by far was the Doctor Strange centric one, which was wonderful. 

Haven't disliked any, though the zombies one felt a little thin and rushed, and the episode before the Strange one didn't feel like it had the punch it was meant to.

Still, interesting concepts throughout so far. 

Alright that episode was a fucking BLAST, holy shit.

Spoiler

Darcy marrying Howard the Duck, Captain Marvel vs Thor, cameos from Grandmaster, Korg, Nebula, Drax, some Skrulls, Rumlow/Crossbones, etc. Loki as a frost giant.

Then that final few seconds. It's leading into the next episode about what if Ultron wins - and his plans for the vibranium android body aren't interrupted. And he has all of the Infinity Stones?!?!? Shit is gonna fucking slap next week, goddamn.

I think Ultron with the Infinity Stones is how we get the Guardians of the Multiverse, and it might explain why Gamora is wearing Thanos' 2014 armor. Maybe Ultron killed Thanos?

7 hours ago, tristy said:

Alright that episode was a fucking BLAST, holy shit.

Reveal hidden contents

Darcy marrying Howard the Duck, Captain Marvel vs Thor, cameos from Grandmaster, Korg, Nebula, Drax, some Skrulls, Rumlow/Crossbones, etc. Loki as a frost giant.

Then that final few seconds. It's leading into the next episode about what if Ultron wins - and his plans for the vibranium android body aren't interrupted. And he has all of the Infinity Stones?!?!? Shit is gonna fucking slap next week, goddamn.

I think Ultron with the Infinity Stones is how we get the Guardians of the Multiverse, and it might explain why Gamora is wearing Thanos' 2014 armor. Maybe Ultron killed Thanos?

I actually thought it was one of the more meh episodes. 

I mean all the cameos were great and especially enjoyed Darcy once again popping back into the MCU for these Disney+ shows. But just the overall the story just wasn't as interesting to me. As with most of these, the ending left me excited for more, however.

Latest What If was wild. Not on the same par as the Doc Strange ep, but almost certainly my 2nd favourite one so far.

What If

Spoiler

I did kind of expect all the stories to come together in some fashion, but I really enjoyed it.  I'm just not sure if I am crazy but the Gamora Thanos-Killer and Hulk Buster Stark part... that was never an episode right?  Like I have no recollection of it and do not see an episode I missed.

Soooo.. (What If?)

Spoiler

Who was in the HYDRA Stomper armor in the mid-credits scene, Steve? He never turned back up after he went missing in episode 1, right?

3 hours ago, Azazel said:

What If

Hide contents

I did kind of expect all the stories to come together in some fashion, but I really enjoyed it.  I'm just not sure if I am crazy but the Gamora Thanos-Killer and Hulk Buster Stark part... that was never an episode right?  Like I have no recollection of it and do not see an episode I missed.

About that

Spoiler

Originally What If was supposed to be 10 episodes but one episode had to be cut due to covid related production issues. It would appear the Tony/Gamora episode was probably that one. Supposedly it'll still happen in season 2 but it's a little jarring sure, but otherwise I'd say it was an excellent finale.

2 hours ago, Orange CLDY said:

Soooo.. (What If?)

Reveal hidden contents

Who was in the HYDRA Stomper armor in the mid-credits scene, Steve? He never turned back up after he went missing in episode 1, right?

And about that:

Spoiler

Yes, all signs point to it being Steve..

And continuing that in a different spoiler bracket as it's a theory about season 2 related to this:

Spoiler

Popular theory is Steve will be that universe's version of the Winter Soldier in Season 2.

While somewhat predictable, that was a fun What If...finale