The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Seriously, I hope whatever happens affects the movies (especially the mashups) in a big, big way. It'll start getting people to watch the show.

I feel like the Guest House alien is in fact Kree, which would make Raina and Skye both part-Kree and tie-in somewhat to the Guardians of the Galaxy, where we get an introduction proper to the species.

I would imagine that a Kree warrior will join the fight against Thanos for Avengers 3... so most notably Captain Mar-Vell. While I wouldn't expect Skye or Raina to play parts in the films, their story arc through season 2 of Agents of SHIELD will probably help to set up the arrival of a Kree warrior or two on Earth for Phase 3... if there isn't already one there. It's entirely possible that Mar-Vell has been on Earth the entire time, studying the planet.

So, while I may be dreaming big... this is more or less what I was expecting in terms of scale for the show when it does affect the Cinematic Universe. It's also worth noting, that my above theory was something that was brought up earlier in the season, and has only picked up steam as each clue to Skye's nature as an 0-8-4 is revealed.

• 2 months later...
Season 2 details! Lucy Lawless as a veteran SHIELD agent that's killer with a knife! Reed Diamond as one of the major villains of the season! But most importantly? Motherfucking MOCKINGBIRD.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New episode was actually really good. The darker tone is going to help this show a lot, it's really reminding me more of Secret Avengers this season, which is great. Absorbing Man was pretty cool, too. Hopefully he shows a bit more character going forward, I've always loved the fact that he's arguably one of the most powerful enemies in the Marvel Universe, but he's too much of a dumb thug to use it properly.

Sad ending was sad. :(

Devastated by that ending. I hope that we at least see some positive end to the Fitz arc. Him and Simmons give the show a lot of heart. I love Fitz - probably my fave character on the show.

The episode itself was really a good start. Surprised to see Lucy Lawless get killed right away - that was unexpected, especially after the amputation. Ward was intriguing too... I'm really curious to see how his character progresses.

I don't expect the season to have strong ratings though, so I will worry about the future of the show over the season, despite the strong ties between Marvel-ABC-Disney.

to be fair:

It's a pretty Whedon show move to cast Lucy Lawless, make her the first casting announcement of the season, hype her up, and then kill her IMMEDIATELY.

Absorbing Man picking up the ball and chain actually made me go "YEAH!" at the TV. So good on you, SHIELD.

• Like 3

I wouldn't worry about ratings. The fact that it's produced by ABC/Disney pretty much across the board means they'll be willing to stick with it until it reaches syndication numbers. Also, overnight ratings are being relied upon a lot less lately than the past few years. They pretty much have no choice since everybody's ratings (if you're not a Shonda Rhimes-produced show or TBBT, at least) are down.

I liked the episode but felt it could have actually done with some more exposition regarding the time jump.

Edited by livid

A few things I'm wondering:

1. Due to what was said, is Koenig an LMD or one in a series of clones?

2. Are they going to do the cliched `Ward reforms because he's really in love with Skye, but no one trusts him until he escapes and makes a heroic sacrifice that really isn't (ie, does something that could or appears to get him killed, but doesn't) and conveniently all is forgiven' thing? I hope not. (Hope he keeps the beard, though)

3. Absorbing Man's inevitable defeat: dead or just depowered? Aside from using a force field with nothing between him and it or stuffing his ass in an airtight Adamantium cube, I can't think of any real way to contain him.

4. Any chance of Maria Hill eventually becoming a regular, or at least a semi-regular, since How I Met Your Mother is finished?

And.....

The Fitz-Simmons thing sucks. My guess is they eventually find an artifact or some piece of HYDRA tech that fixes him, but it'll be a while.

Strangely, I have no problem with the Lucy Lawless death, because there's always a way they can bring her back if they want to.

I do wonder if they would explain Whitehall looks the same via the same thing that the Baron with TWS. Mostly because the Baron was already in the video game and was active as well.

As for Koenig, I am thinking he is likely the LMD of the real Eric Koenig, someone who likely served with Fury back in the day and earned his trust to gain LMDs of him post death.

Sooooo thoughts on Fitz:

Yeah wow that's shitty.

Going forward though, possible new character morph ? Digitek came to mind due to the UK bit and seems like he'd fit properly for the show ... hell, even the backstory to the character can easily be modified to fit the current situation.

He's clearly still got plenty of brain power to recognize certain things within the tech and research ... there's the alien substance they have already ... finding a 'suit' wouldn't be a stretch to put into the mix.