The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Caught up to where it's aired in UK. Really glad I powered through that first half of season one because it's become a rewarding show. Love the addition of Kieran from Trollied as Lance, and any use of Mockingbird is also awesome by me. Hoping they drop Skye from the cast because she's still useless, and Ward being around as a prisoner feels like it can only last so long, and I don't care one way or another about him now unless he goes full villain.

Caught up to where it's aired in UK. Really glad I powered through that first half of season one because it's become a rewarding show. Love the addition of Kieran from Trollied as Lance, and any use of Mockingbird is also awesome by me. Hoping they drop Skye from the cast because she's still useless, and Ward being around as a prisoner feels like it can only last so long, and I don't care one way or another about him now unless he goes full villain.

I think Skye is gonna stick around for a long while. She's the every woman...the person who isn't in the know about all those secrets and super heroes and the like, so the other characters can explain it to her (and us, the audience).

My one gripe about season one was the casting of Bill Paxton as Garrett. Dead giveaway that Garrett was going to end up being a bad guy. Paxton is one of my favorite actors, though.

I'm a couple of episodes behind on season two, but I'll catch up on On Demand. Hope Fitz's problem (being ambiguous because SPOILERS) gets fixed before the end of the season......

Edited by GhostMachine

So, as someone who's watched on and off and only really started paying attention this season, I've got to ask:

Have Bobbi and Mack talked about that.. whatever.. thing they were talking about before? They have some secret between the two of them, and I can't remember ever hearing of that before. But I also didn't really watch, like, most of season 1 so I could have missed something.

So, as someone who's watched on and off and only really started paying attention this season, I've got to ask:

Have Bobbi and Mack talked about that.. whatever.. thing they were talking about before? They have some secret between the two of them, and I can't remember ever hearing of that before. But I also didn't really watch, like, most of season 1 so I could have missed something.

Nope, not once. I'm curious what it is.

Nope, not once. I'm curious what it is.

It's one of the best things they have now. They don't wait for one story or mystery to end before they plant the seeds and start another. It's engaging, almost riveting storytelling right now. It's going to be really interesting. Is Mac dead now? Can the Kree clone people (we've seen in the comics that they can, but are there Kree down there considering Simmons said there wasn't?) I'm so interested in everything and everyone, and though I wished someone had shot Ward with ice bullets because the twins deserve at least a little bit of revenge for their brother, that's a minor gripe in an amazing episode.

It's honestly become absolute must-watch, hasn't it? Has there been a TV with such an amazing turnaround? From a bland spy procedural with sci-fi elements into this show that is just mounds of mystery and intertwining stories in a season and a half?

I think this is my 2nd favourite show on TV now. The Blacklist has dropped off a bit in the 2nd series, and Hannibal is still leagues ahead, but AoS just keeps getting better and better.

Regarding "The Doctor"

Is it too obvious that he appears to be Mister Hyde and it follows that Skye is Daisy Johnson?

You nailed it. The song in Skye's dream sequence was "Daisy Bell (A Bicycle Built For Two)."

Agent Carter spoiler...I guess

Stan Lee will make his obligatory cameo in episode 4 of

Agent Carter.

I knew Skye was an Inhuman! Mwhaha! Now cue the bitching about how she's actually a mutant, blah blah. Sorry, folks, but they take what they want for the MCU and contort it to fit their needs. Plus that whole pesky Fox owning the term mutants thing.

So, tonight we got a total of 3 Inhumans, counting the guy at the end of the show. Who was that anyway?

EDIT: I totally forgot there was an Agents of SHIELD thread. Stupid mobile browsing :(

What exactly is an Inhuman? What is Skye's power? What did Raina become? WHY DID TRIPP DIE?!

...and why the hell do I have to wait for the second part of the season? When is it coming back?

Hoping Agent Carter can hold me over.

I knew Skye was an Inhuman! Mwhaha! Now cue the bitching about how she's actually a mutant, blah blah. Sorry, folks, but they take what they want for the MCU and contort it to fit their needs. Plus that whole pesky Fox owning the term mutants thing.

So, tonight we got a total of 3 Inhumans, counting the guy at the end of the show. Who was that anyway?

EDIT: I totally forgot there was an Agents of SHIELD thread. Stupid mobile browsing :(

What exactly is an Inhuman? What is Skye's power? What did Raina become? WHY DID TRIPP DIE?!

...and why the hell do I have to wait for the second part of the season? When is it coming back?

Hoping Agent Carter can hold me over.

I don't think anyone here is bitching about something as minuscule as what they're gonna' call the inhumans.

EITHER WAY HOLY SHIT. I honestly think I held my breath the entire last 5 minutes or so, that was amazing. Seriously, Skye has turned into an awesome character and I just can't wait for more.

Shit, my heart just absolutely sank when Tripp's head fell apart. It was so damn sad :'( WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE?!

I wonder if Whitehall will appear in Agent Carter, actually.

I can't wait for the second half of this season. I can't wait for Agent Carter. For anyone that's watched this week's episode, this interview in the spoiler box below is a must-read:

http://tvline.com/2014/12/09/agents-of-shield-winter-finale-skye-inhuman-daisy-johnson/

Big ups to Agents of SHIELD. It went from my least favorite to most favorite of the three network superhero sows over the course of one half-season. That was crazy shit.

And Tripp

:crying:

I actually thought I'd read a spoiler for Age of Ultron saying that he'd appear in it, but there ain't no coming back from fucking disintegration. This isn't a Mike Peterson scenario (though that reminds me I hope Deathlok appears in the second half of the season).

• Like 2

That was a really good episode. I'm still not engrossed the way I am with Arrow and Flash, but it did everything it needed to.

But man, fuck Tripp dying. I guess he was pretty pointless and we're getting Mack back, so there's that. Nuts that we've got Inhumans on the show before the film. I guess the film will delve further into the crystals and the terrigan mists and where they came from. (The Kree!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...