The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Episode 2

So I just watched episode 2, that fight scene was amazing. I love that Affleck got his ass whipped. All too often in these things the superhero will walk away from scraps without a scratch on them, until they get to the boss fight. I really hope it stays so that he's fighting for his life the whole time. I love his fighting style as well, it's less crazy martial arts and more ground and pound, which is such a nice change from AOS, Carter, Black Widow, where it was all flippy karate kicks. This is really good so far.

Daredevil is great. Just got to the start of episode 3.

"That gun won't jam... or my name isn't Turk Barrett."

First reaction was "OMG HE IS TURK"

Second reaction was "ahahaha the gun's gonna jam, huh."

• Like 3

Episode 4

My previous post was an understatement

Episode 5

lol, I'm not really buying Affleck being snuck up on by a bunch of cop cars with their sirens on. He should have heard them from twenty blocks away, but whatevs.

• Like 2

Wait, I just read Daredevil takes place AFTER Age of Ultron? Is that true? If it is, what sense does it make releasing it before the movie comes out?

Not according to the timeline I'm following. I'm six episodes in and nothing feels like a aou spoiler yet. They referred to the Incident In New York a few times, but that is what they call the invasion in the first avengers movie.

I just started episode 2. Really liking it so far

My one complaint so far is that the fights seem really badly choreographed and false. Other than that, loving it.

I thought the fight at the end of episode 2 was amazing. When he is going to try and save the kid that got kidnapped. Loved it

Episode 2

So I just watched episode 2, that fight scene was amazing. I love that Affleck got his ass whipped. All too often in these things the superhero will walk away from scraps without a scratch on them, until they get to the boss fight. I really hope it stays so that he's fighting for his life the whole time. I love his fighting style as well, it's less crazy martial arts and more ground and pound, which is such a nice change from AOS, Carter, Black Widow, where it was all flippy karate kicks. This is really good so far.

These. AFter watching 2 episodes, how the fights are handled so far I love. Too often, on AoS and Agent Carter, along with Arrow (I'll give Flash a pass since 'he heals fast') a fight happens and afterwards, the heros run off like nothing happened. After the fight in E2, and also a bit after the fight in E1, you could tell one thing. Murdoc was hurt, and he was tired. If they keep those little touches. The kind of "Yea, he's trained beyond MOST people, but he's still human" thing, I think I'll like this show going forward

Episode 8ish spoilers

If I have one complaint its that people seem to be falling in love way too fast. I don't know what the time frame is between the first couple episodes, but like Affleck and his nurse friend are talking about being in Love right away, and the artist chick goes out with kingpin for like two dates and she's creaming hr pants and talking about changing the world with him. Maybe it's just cause Im a slow worker >_> but it all seems to be getting hot and heavy crazy fast

• Like 1

I love this show and I just finished the 9th episode.

They really tread the line between traditional MCU tone and the dark tone seen in The Dark Knight trilogy perfectly and it results in an amazing portrayal of Daredevil. Casting and pacing has been completely on key so far too, the 50+ mins of every episode whizzes by every episode.

I love how violent it is and how everything and character has a significance.

• Like 1

The series was amazing.

They laid some seeds for future stuff, and I'm really hoping Daredevil gets a second season before the Defenders, because I don't want to wait three years to see more. These short runs on Netflix seem to be a really good medium for telling superhero stories. The 13 episodes here were basically like reading a 13 issue arc in the books. Other stuff happens, but the big story starts and finishes with Wilson Fisk. Now we take a break, and when we come back, there will be a new arc spread out over a bunch of episodes dealing with something else. It's almost perfect.

I would love to see Charlie Cox reprise his role for Civil War too. I feel like that may be where we see him next.