The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

I just finished Daredevil and hooooly shit, I wish I could give it more than 5 stars on Netflix. Vincent D'onofrio is such an amazing Wilson Fisk and Charlie Cox is so good and the whole cast is amazing and I wish there could be a season 2 right meow. This has me so hyped for AKA Jessica Jones now - is there any ETA on that yet? Late summer, maybe early fall of this year?

EDIT: So good I had to gush about it twice.

I just finished Daredevil and hooooly shit, I wish I could give it more than 5 stars on Netflix. Vincent D'onofrio is such an amazing Wilson Fisk and Charlie Cox is so good and the whole cast is amazing and I wish there could be a season 2 right meow. This has me so hyped for AKA Jessica Jones now - is there any ETA on that yet? Late summer, maybe early fall of this year?

• Like 1

It's not really getting pushed back. The projected premiere date was always a year after Daredevil but production has gone so well that Netflix has started to re-evalute just how long they need to rely on Marvel's money to sustain their business. Between their success with both Daredevil and their own original content, they're in a much better position to shrink that timeline than they were when this deal was announced and their only shows were House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove (all of which were just introduced that year).

• Like 1

Yeah, I was just asking because last I saw it was listed on Wikipedia as "2015".

Daredevil episode 12/13 spoilers:

Ben :( I was really hoping he'd survive and become a supporting character for Daredevil, but I guess the stakes had to be raised somehow. But Ben. :(

Also I kind of want to go back and rewatch the finale just for the last 20-30 minutes. Fisk's strike team busting him out of FBI custody, the red suit reveal, the Daredevil/Fisk fight, all of that was so dope.

• Like 3

Yeah, I was just asking because last I saw it was listed on Wikipedia as "2015".

Daredevil episode 12/13 spoilers:

Ben :( I was really hoping he'd survive and become a supporting character for Daredevil, but I guess the stakes had to be raised somehow. But Ben. :(

Also I kind of want to go back and rewatch the finale just for the last 20-30 minutes. Fisk's strike team busting him out of FBI custody, the red suit reveal, the Daredevil/Fisk fight, all of that was so dope.

Vincent D'Onofrio is awesome on this show. It's awesome.

I'm fine with them moving on, there's already a lot of great pieces that's been added this season. May, Coulson, FitzSimmons and actually almost every character interests me now, even Ward.

Though I would've loved if May got her own show to kick people's ass on.

• Like 1

Daredevil renewed for a second season to come out next year! :)

Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez will take over as showrunners for the show's second season, replacing Steven S. DeKnight.

I do wonder how this will affect the Defenders tie-in though. We've still got three more shows to get up and running, and I imagine having extra seasons of them before The Defenders will make it a bit more complex than the original plan. Still, it's not like Marvel haven't earned the trust on this.