The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Always laugh at this

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Fucking goddamn Agents of SHIELD. I mean, some of it was pretty silly (Hulk Kassius!), but shit, the feels this show can give you.

oh god...

When  Yo-Yo is talking to her future/past self, the look on her time loop duplicates face and hearing the story of what happened to her is really horrifying. 

And Enoch...poor Enoch :(  Didn't think I'd go that attached to a character who has only been around, like, 1/2 a season

Also, totally think Deke is a live and got sucked back in time by the little piece of the monolith that was in the machine.

Finally got caught up on AOS, and yeah, this season is certainly 'out there' in terms of plot, but they just make it work every single time. I'd still say that the framework stuff was better, but I think it's a tall order to ever transcend that.

Notes on the first 10 episodes, and other people's remarks.

- Enoch was just so silly, and dumb, and ridiculous in every way. All of those 'enigmatic alien' tropes combined, and I liked him for the screentime he got.
- I don't see Deke returning through some spectacular way, even though I felt he was a standout character and he really deserved more of a chance. But the way they left the question to Flint (who has stayed behind) that others can go back in time, it makes sense that he MIGHT. Ditto with Flint/Tess mentioning his death at the end there, feels like a deliberate way to make people think he might have made it.
- The growth of Fitz continues to be stellar in every way. The way he's hardened, and generally become a more decicisive person, Iain is a brilliant actor.
- I wonder what's gonna happen to Coulson, the way future Yo-Yo mentioned it his death seemed to be foretold, but since he's such a massive character, I'm always doubtful he'd get written off. But at this point I do feel that the rest of the cast has grown enough as characters to deal with his departure from the show.
- Also, really hoping Lance Hunter is going to be back for more than just that one episode. I loved him in that episode.
- ALSO, I hope now that they've returned from the future (or have they?) they will explain what's up with that colonel who shot her two subordinates. Because what's up with that.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Finally got caught up on AOS, and yeah, this season is certainly 'out there' in terms of plot, but they just make it work every single time. I'd still say that the framework stuff was better, but I think it's a tall order to ever transcend that.

Notes on the first 10 episodes, and other people's remarks.

Reveal hidden contents

- Enoch was just so silly, and dumb, and ridiculous in every way. All of those 'enigmatic alien' tropes combined, and I liked him for the screentime he got.
- I don't see Deke returning through some spectacular way, even though I felt he was a standout character and he really deserved more of a chance. But the way they left the question to Flint (who has stayed behind) that others can go back in time, it makes sense that he MIGHT. Ditto with Flint/Tess mentioning his death at the end there, feels like a deliberate way to make people think he might have made it.
- The growth of Fitz continues to be stellar in every way. The way he's hardened, and generally become a more decicisive person, Iain is a brilliant actor.
- I wonder what's gonna happen to Coulson, the way future Yo-Yo mentioned it his death seemed to be foretold, but since he's such a massive character, I'm always doubtful he'd get written off. But at this point I do feel that the rest of the cast has grown enough as characters to deal with his departure from the show.
- Also, really hoping Lance Hunter is going to be back for more than just that one episode. I loved him in that episode.
- ALSO, I hope now that they've returned from the future (or have they?) they will explain what's up with that colonel who shot her two subordinates. Because what's up with that.

Spoiler

Future Yo-Yo also say that the team has to let Coulson's death happen, so I guess they save him.

Hunter will be back for at least a couple of episodes,He's taking care on Young Robin and surely they will go look for her.

The evil general I'm pretty sure will be a big baddie.

4 weeks is too long :(

SHIELD

Spoiler

I'm really glad they're Back From the Future, because I was very much ready to move on from that stuff by the end. The plot threads they've set up for the next arc are super-interesting, though!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on episode six of The Punisher and I'm not really feeling it. Not that it's actively bad, it's just not especially interesting and not really what I want out of a Punisher story at all. It feels a bit like they felt like doing a more traditional Punisher story would be alienating as a series, so we're back into the thick of Who Killed Frank's Family and backstory stuff that makes him more sympathetic.

6 minutes ago, GoGOceanea said:

I'm on episode six of The Punisher and I'm not really feeling it. Not that it's actively bad, it's just not especially interesting and not really what I want out of a Punisher story at all. It feels a bit like they felt like doing a more traditional Punisher story would be alienating as a series, so we're back into the thick of Who Killed Frank's Family and backstory stuff that makes him more sympathetic.

I watched three episodes before I realised I hadn't actually been watching it, it was just kind of on in the background. I've had no inclination to go back to it. It's a shame, I was really looking forward to it... That said I did the same thing to Jessica Jones and I loved it second time round, so maybe I'll force myself to put it on again.

13 hours ago, GoGOceanea said:

Yeah I sort of felt the same. It's a good show, but I had to push myself a bit more than I expected to finish it. The final stretch is definitely where it gets strongest though.

The second half is definitely better than the first. I was liking the show in the first half but I really latched on in the second. 

At this point it's becoming impressive just how mismanaged the pacing of the Marvel shows have been. 

Edited by livid

In terms of ongoing stories, Daredevil season 1.

Then Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil season 2, (skip Iron Fist), Defenders, Punisher, then Jessica Jones season 2 premieres March 8th.

Agent Carter is supposedly a great show, but it got cancelled. Probably well worth watching at some point though.

Agent Carter is a very fun spy romp, but sadly it got cancelled. It was ran in the middle of Agents of Shield seasons, as such the two seasons are partly connected to what happens in AOS. But otherwise they're very much completely in their own little world. They're fun, and at 20 episodes total it's a reasonably quick watch compared to Agents of SHIELD seasons. And if you got the time, it's certainly worth checking out just because that late 40's early 50s vibe is really cool.

Hayley Atwell is great (and absolutely stonking), and Dominic Cooper steals the show with his over the top loverboy Howard Stark performance.

In terms of Netflix shows, the above list is the right one. DD1, JJ, LC (Second half of the season is weak compared to the first), DD2, IF (some people loved it, some people loathed it), DEF, PN, JJ2

Basically I'd say it depends on whether you'd rather watch something that's the best follow-up to Agents of SHIELD or if you want to catch up with the TV side of the MCU most effectively. If it's the former, do Agent Carter. It's great. If it's the latter, yeah, start on Daredevil.

• Like 1