The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

On 3/8/2018 at 09:41, El Hijosh del Ice Cream said:

Go on to Jessica Jones. Watch the seasons in order of when they were released.

But you can still skip Iron Fist.

I watched the first episode of Jessica Jones, I have no idea how I feel about it yet, but I don't think any of the Marvel tv shows hooked me until a few episodes in.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

But how will he know that Danny Rand is theLegendary Iron Fist?

• Like 2

SHIELD "The Real Deal" spoilers

- First few minutes "Ok, they are using a drone to view the damage after the explosion.  Makes sense...wait...who the hell was that?  OMG LASH!!!

- The three monoliths blowing up (we never did learn what the third was) apparently caused a tear in the space/time continuum, leading to a fear dimension that was causing manifestations of peoples fears.  I've seen enough Star Trek and Doctor Who to know thats plausible

- Phil's "deal" with Ghost Rider was that the Rider would "burn away" the Kree DNA used to bring him back to life.  Gemma says there is no way to cure it or treat it, since the tissue has technically been dead for 5 years now

- Phil is going on a almost suicide mission to close the tear

- Phil sends Deke out on a mission topside, since he technically doesn't exist

- Phil tells Fitz he has to "Follow through with the plan"

- MIKE PETERSON!

- Peterson tells Phil nothing has been real, the last 5 years have actually been in his mind as he's laying in an OR dying after the events of The Avengers

- It makes sense, its almost the same as the argument used in Total Recall

- Back in the control room "Aircraft inbound!  Its a Quinjet!"

- "Repeat, SHIELD 313 requesting permission to land"

- Its Dekes voice...shit, he got caught and sold them out

- Its Deke, surrounded by soldiers, shit, he got caught and sold them out

- MIKE PETERSON!  FOR REAL THIS TIME!  DEATHLOK!!!!

- Deathlok kills fauz-Peterson, faux-Lash, faux-Cockroaches and...HIVE!

- Bummed we didn't get a Ward appearance.  Hive is the best we got :(

- Dekes "mission topside", aside from contacting Deathlok?  Get wedding things for Fitz and Gemma :wub:

- Fitz and Gemma are married!

- Yup, as people suspected, Deke is Fitz and Gemma's grandson

- Interaction between Deke and Deathlok 

"So, you full cyborg or.."

"Yep!"

"...Cool"

9 hours ago, Rocky said:

But how will he know that Danny Rand is the Iron Fist?

9 hours ago, Japanicode said:

And the sworn enemy of The Hand?

8 hours ago, Lint said:

7 hours ago, Japanicode said:

And the Protector of K'un L'un?

By Watching "Defenders"  ;)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Up to episode 4 of Jessica Jones right now, started off real late. It's been super good so far, and can even be considered relatively fast compared to the other Defenders shows.

Just finished episode 5 myself, and I have some strong criticisms

The only people I'm interested in are Oscar and Pryce. Dorothy's involved too much this season. Trish's relapses I'm not all that invested in, and they've way oversatured Jeri. Just jump the shark, give her superpowers and get it over with. Meanwhile very little feels like it's happening to Jessica Jones in her own titular show. It's just a bunch of stuff happening around her. I'm hate-watching it right now, feeling like it's worse than Iron Fist.

**EDIT**

Just finished the season. Things get much, much better in the second half

Edited by I Don't Mind

10 hours ago, I Don't Mind said:

Just finished episode 5 myself, and I have some strong criticisms

Hide contents

The only people I'm interested in are Oscar and Pryce. Dorothy's involved too much this season. Trish's relapses I'm not all that invested in, and they've way oversatured Jeri. Just jump the shark, give her superpowers and get it over with. Meanwhile very little feels like it's happening to Jessica Jones in her own titular show. It's just a bunch of stuff happening around her. I'm hate-watching it right now, feeling like it's worse than Iron Fist.

**EDIT**

Just finished the season. Things get much, much better in the second half

While I'm only up to E6 now, I disagree about Pryce...but in regards to the bolded part, one of the headlines I saw just before the season came out did say the first half was a bit of a slog but worth it for the second half

JJ S2E7 spoiler

Ok, the idea that Trish had recorded a pop album and at sometime made a video just literally came out of nowhere...

edit:  Ohh ok..its a flashback.  Felt like I crossed over into another show or something

I just started episode seven...

Spoiler

... and the overall story is a bit shit so far. It's severely missing David Tennant/an interesting arc right now. The actual individual episodes are solid, I like most of the characters, but it just feels like it is meandering for the sake of meandering. I'm also not a fan of Jess and Trish both seemingly drinking/drugging/banging out every frustration they have. It's becoming very tedious, especially to have them both doing it at the same time. I get that it's in their characters, but it feels like they've gone lazy and into overkill.

I also think the scene where her mother first wakes up in hospital was cringe-inducingly bad - the makeup, the acting, the direction. Genuinely think that might be the worst scene in all of MCU TV.

I'm enjoying it for the most part, but it just feels really directionless and I'm definitely having issues trying to binge it. Might just stop and try and watch the rest of the episodes one by one.

Much like S2 of DD, S2 of JJ wasn't as good as S1.  I guess its to be expected, since S1 was SUCH a home run.  Didn't like some of the character development, the story was all over the place...just felt a lil let down by it