The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Spoiler

If Wanda didn't create the doorbell ringing (and X-Men Quicksilver showing up) to end the conversation with Vision, this suggests she's not 100% in control of what's going on in Westview. One could also take Pietro's "who's the popsicle?" line as a reference to how Vision is dead.

There's also the fact that Agnes is seemingly the only one that realizes what's going on here. There was the whole thing with Herb too, but who was with him when that awkward conversation happened between those two and Vision? Agnes. She's not phased by Tommy & Billy aging in front of her eyes - "it's so hard to control children" or whatever she said.

Ice cold take here, but she's Agatha Harkness and she's a disciple of Mephisto, who is the one getting inside of Wanda's head (but most of this is caused by Wanda's grief, but even she can't remember starting all of this - if she's to be believed).

SWORD wants Vision's body back so they can run more experiments and study him. Mephisto & Agatha want Wanda's children. This is all building up to an MCU "No More Mutants" type scenario, but how that's done and what the actual phrase is - who knows.

EDIT: Oh, and next week's commercial is sooooo fucking good. You'll all love it.

Edited by tristy
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should fuck off. 

Daredevil renewed for a second season to come out next year!

I'm legit blown away by this show.

Spoiler

Suggesting Wanda could have beat Thanos on her own, and joking about how she doesn't have an alias is either some incredible foreshadowing to the Scarlett Witch being the next big bad of the MCU or a massive tease.

I love moments where you sort of catch on a few seconds before the reveal so you just get a flood of anticipation but I was not expecting it to turn out to be the Xmen Quicksilver, so I got exactly what I expected plus a gigantic twist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow. I yelled "Oh Shit" out loud three times watching this week's episode. 

Spoiler

First... when Wanda came out of Westview and into the world to confront SWORD.... 

Second... Quicksilver at the door. 

Third... Quicksilver being Evan Peters. That was a big shock as I assumed they would have just started the X-Men timeline anew. 

I'm super intrigued. 

I needed a cigarette after watching this episode.

And I don't even smoke.

Spoiler

So who is the aerospace engineer Monica was texting and how disappointing is it going to be when its not Reed Richards...

2 minutes ago, St. Dubb said:

I needed a cigarette after watching this episode.

And I don't even smoke.

Hide contents

So who is the aerospace engineer Monica was texting and how disappointing is it going to be when its not Reed Richards...

Spoiler

I had the same question and then completely forgot everything else after Quicksilver showed up.

And nobody's even mentioned

Spoiler

That Monica's bones appear to be made of pure light after she went through the forcefield, I assume giving her the Photon superpowers.

ep. 5

Spoiler

Hayward made a point to blame Wanda for “weaponizing” Vision when it’s pretty clear she actually saved him from that, as it appeared to be what SWORD was actually  in the process of doing.

7 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

Holy shit. Just.... holy shit.

Reveal hidden contents

Can someone give me the tldr on who Mephesto and Agatha are?

Spoiler

Mephisto is simply put a demon who is a main antagonist for both Doctor Strange and Ghost Rider. Agatha in the comics is one of the original witches in Salem who somehow survives works as a nanny to Reed and Sue Richards mentors Wanda in magic. So show wise I'm assuming the theory revolves around the power potential and possibilities in regards to Tommy and Billy. With Mephisto definitely wanting to take them but Agatha probably trying to protect Wanda/them

• Like 1

Just caught up on Wandavision over the last 24 hours after peer pressure. Wow. Honestly one of the best things to come out of the MCU. 

Never really cared for Falcon or Bucky in the movies, but I'll be damned if this show doesn't look really good.

Super Bowl spot:

Edited by tristy
  • Like 1

That’s the same feels for Wanda and Vision though, they’ve taken these secondary characters and made them the main event, it’s mental, it’s risky and it’s paying off.

Hell, maybe my wife won’t have an irrational hate for Hawkeye when they comes out

On 08/02/2021 at 02:20, tristy said:

Never really cared for Falcon or Bucky in the movies, but I'll be damned if this show doesn't look really good.

Super Bowl spot:

If their chemistry is as good as it was in the bits and pieces we got in the past films, and in this trailer, then I think this is going to be a great watch.

Also I love Zemo returning, Bruhl was great and he deserves a bigger role beyond his Civil War showing. I think the character also works really well as a recurring antagonist towards Bucky and Sam.

Just keep pumping this good stuff into my veins, Marvel.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

I really... REALLY... want Bruhl to end up a mainstay in the MCU. I want to see Zemo in all of his glory, and then I want a shift over to Citizen V. A Thunderbolts series would be bonkers, and that's at the top of my wishlist for the MCU right now.

• Like 2
On 09/02/2021 at 11:12, Gabriel said:

A Thunderbolts series would be bonkers, and that's at the top of my wishlist for the MCU right now.

It's been rumored for a long time, since before Endgame even. Supposedly set to feature Justin Hammer, Abomination, General Ross, Ghost and Zemo, with the Leader as the villain. You've gotta assume Armor Wars will probably feature Hammer, and She-Hulk has Abomination (and I'd say the odds are good for Gen. Ross to show up at any time in any of these upcoming series, except maybe Loki). The road to Thunderbolts looks likely, I'd say.

Oh and today's WandaVision episode maybe wasn't as good as the others, but it's clearly a transition episode into the back half of the series and shit ramping WAY up.

Spoiler

Wanda expanded the Hex, saving Vision. That's a huge leap in her powers, and it's pretty obvious her powers become unstable and even more powerful when she's under stress/in grief.

This Pietro isn't MCU Pietro, or even the Fox version. He remembers what happened to MCU Quicksilver, but he knows about things that he shouldn't - he's aware of what's going on, and he knows that Vision is dead, which happened YEARS after Pietro died in Sokovia during Age of Ultron. If I had to put a theory out there, it's that Wiccan/Billy somehow got Fox Quicksilver, but going across the multiverse, his memories of that world were wiped once he entered the Hex, and now has the memories of MCU Quicksilver and we've ended up with a weird amalgamation.

Edited by tristy

Regarding the 'trailer' this week: 

Spoiler

Is it too on the nose that its a hint at powers being stolen / siphoned? 

WandaVision Ep 6

Spoiler

An unspectacular but still gripping episode. The lady putting up the decorations with a tear running down her cheek was chilling, and Vision's prime instinct to help the people trapped even at the cost of his existence was heart-breaking.

Meanwhile, next week is 2000s sitcoms right? I'm putting money on Darcy becoming a down-on-her-luck waitress now she's been brought into the hex.

• Haha 1

E6 Spoiler

Spoiler

Pietro says he "died on the street like a chump for no reason"...So this "Pietro" doesn't have the MCU's full memory.  He died like a hero, saving the life of Hawkeye and a child