The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

What, seriously? I thought it was a major step back from the last two weeks. Every time the guy hacker character opened his mouth I wanted to walk out of the room.

Yeah he was terrible. The Sciencey episode is still my favorite but I like some of the main cast now so it's a step up.

Yeah. I actually liked Ward a little bit last week, too. Putting him in an actual awkward situation helped me on that front. I have enough affection for most of the characters and interest in all the little story hooks (like how I think Project Centipede is being run by AIM) to power me through episodes like last night's where I don't think it's as good.

What, seriously? I thought it was a major step back from the last two weeks. Every time the guy hacker character opened his mouth I wanted to walk out of the room.

Oh, well yeah, except for Austin Nichols, of course. The guy is so bad.

I think I liked it because I felt like the story was actually moving along this week, and it didn't just coast, like how I remember the previous few episodes.

Also, Ming Na and Clark Gregg have really great scenes together, IMO.

Sunfire's a mutant. I guess it's pretty much safe to assume there will be no mutants whatsoever in the show.

They aren't allowed to call them Mutants, but as far as I'm aware, if they weren't part of the rights package sold to Fox, the characters are fair game. So technically, they could call them something else, or just call them gifted humans or whatever.

The big thing here is that as the season goes on, it ties more and more into Iron Man 3, and I'm wondering exactly when all of this is taking place.

The whole time I was wishing that guy would be Sunfire :(

I'm with you on this buddy.

The episode wasn't all that great, but they at least tried to make Skye somewhat more interesting beside pretty hacker lady. Ward is really the only person I don't like all that much. I liked Scorch a whole lot though. I'll spoil the rest of my post though, cause spoilers.

And then they had to go and piss me off by having him blow up. Ugh. I really thought they were trying to build up to something more with the guy other then test subject gone awry.

Sunfire's a mutant. I guess it's pretty much safe to assume there will be no mutants whatsoever in the show.

They aren't allowed to call them Mutants, but as far as I'm aware, if they weren't part of the rights package sold to Fox, the characters are fair game. So technically, they could call them something else, or just call them gifted humans or whatever.

The big thing here is that as the season goes on, it ties more and more into Iron Man 3, and I'm wondering exactly when all of this is taking place.

I'm almost certain that this is all leading into the Inhumans thing that Marvel is setting up as the next big thing in the comics. Seems like they're setting up a whole other subculture of super powered people that they have the rights to use in the films and shows.

Also, I haven't seen the episode yet, but I'm pretty sure this all takes place post-Iron Man 3, probably pre-anything Thor: The Dark World and beyond, unless there's some cool crossover we're not aware of. I imagine by the time Season 2 rolls around, the opening few episodes will be nothing but an endless supply of "HOLY SHIT, REMEMBER WHEN ASGARD GOT ALL UP IN OUR SHIT AGAIN? OR THAT STUFF THAT HAPPENED IN DC WITH CAPTAIN AMERICA?".

The thing that makes me wonder the timeline, is that SHIELD is going up against Extremis, and Tony Stark is nowhere to be found. I'm wondering if maybe it's because he hasn't come into contact with it yet.

Well it's isolated incidents not related to him any more, really. After the end of Iron Man 3, I don't get the impression Tony is actively seeking out threats or keeping up to date on this kind of thing right now.

The thing that makes me wonder the timeline, is that SHIELD is going up against Extremis, and Tony Stark is nowhere to be found. I'm wondering if maybe it's because he hasn't come into contact with it yet.

Well it's isolated incidents not related to him any more, really. After the end of Iron Man 3, I don't get the impression Tony is actively seeking out threats or keeping up to date on this kind of thing right now.

There's also the fact that SHIELD had no knowledge of Extremis, despite the massive destruction during the Iron Man/Mandarin battles.

I have a feeling like everything that's going on leads up to Killian and AIM using Extremis against Tony in Iron Man 3.

In the first episode Coulson says Extremis is new, they know about Extremis because of Iron Man 3 just don't know who is trying to use it. Besides with the events of last episode I think AIM in Iron Man 3 wouldn't have the problem they have to cover up.

Also since Coulson is the one tracking Extremis, don't think they will want Stark involved.

Edited by angeluzcr

Did... did that guy just create gridlock by opening an mp4 (video) file? >_>

EDIT: Fuck it, I can't even get through this episode and I've learned that there's a two week break (in the UK at least) so I'm dropping it for now. The characters are all so one dimensional, and the only person I've remotely liked is the villain from last week (eye patch lady), even Coulson has been crap compared to the films. The stories are incredibly generic, and I've only made it this far because it's Marvel. This show should have been amazing from the get-go and introduce people to Marvel Universe characters that they're not familiar with and likely won't ever get their own films, instead we've got a procedural cop show with "futuristic" technology straight out of a 60s B-Movie and 'normal' supes with very little investment.

I'm hoping the show gets better when I marathon it after it's over, but right now it's a waste of time.

So, I posted this in the general television thread. -_-

Let's look at it this way, I've never seen any of the Marvel movies (apart from Iron Man 1, but that was after a long night out at some girl's place).

I love the shows, and the shows make me want to watch the movies, so they're doing something good.

Of course, my taste in TV sucks so just disregard this.

So, I posted this in the general television thread. -_-

Let's look at it this way, I've never seen any of the Marvel movies (apart from Iron Man 1, but that was after a long night out at some girl's place).

I love the shows, and the shows make me want to watch the movies, so they're doing something good.

Of course, my taste in TV sucks so just disregard this.

• Like 2