The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

2 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

I still need to watch Luke Cage and Iron Fist, i've been very lazy with my TV watching lately.

I think I liked iron fist 2 more than Luke cage 2, but they're both really good. Iron fist is only ten episodes as well which really benefits it. There aren't many shows that cant be improved by cutting them down a bit 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I'm only just at the start of JJs2, never mind Luke Cage and Iron Fist :( I loved the first two Daredevil seasons so I'll really need to get a bloody move on.

If you're more excited for Daredevil... Jessica Jones is irrelevant to the other shows this season. Luke Cage kind of sets up a couple things, but mostly to do with Iron Fist... which then sets up a little bit more for Daredevil. A lot of the things that can cross over aren't exactly hitting you over the head, but there are a couple of really nifty things in Iron Fist that could play out in Daredevil.

So, you can skip Jessica Jones and go back to it later... Luke Cage would be good to watch before Daredevil, but isn't essential... Iron Fist though, I'd definitely recommend watching before the Devil returns to Hell's Kitchen.

• Like 1

Since you couldn't get it to embed:

Thoughts on upcoming Daredevil season in relation to this past season of Luke Cage, and Iron Fist:

"You can suffocate evil. Starve it. Lock it behind bars. But it will find a way to come back even stronger..." If this is yet another finale that sees the God damn superhero answer that last part with "so find a compromise" I'll be very upset.

It was a daring character twist in Luke Cage. All the gangs run rampant due to the power vacuum created by Mariah going semi-straight. "The fastest way to stop the flow is to put your hand on the faucet". So Luke gives gangs a pass so long as they don't bother Harlem. Real shades of gray shit, even though the debatable heel turn felt a little out of nowhere.

The Hand being destroyed has created a power vacuum in China Town and all the rival Triads run roughshod. Danny and Colleen basically give the widow Mrs. Yang the keys to the city to be head gang with pressure to turn legit, because The Hatchet Gang are the most honorable of the crews? I get it... it was exhausting going out every night patrolling for trouble and being unable to make a real dent in the root of the problem.

So if Daredevil's big villain of the season is Kingpin again or something, and it ends with "hey, can you just... not? Like, at least around me?" I might be done with the Netflix universe.

4 minutes ago, I Don't Mind said:

Since you couldn't get it to embed:

Thoughts on upcoming Daredevil season in relation to this past season of Luke Cage, and Iron Fist:

Hide contents

"You can suffocate evil. Starve it. Lock it behind bars. But it will find a way to come back even stronger..." If this is yet another finale that sees the God damn superhero answer that last part with "so find a compromise" I'll be very upset.

It was a daring character twist in Luke Cage. All the gangs run rampant due to the power vacuum created by Mariah going semi-straight. "The fastest way to stop the flow is to put your hand on the faucet". So Luke gives gangs a pass so long as they don't bother Harlem. Real shades of gray shit, even though the debatable heel turn felt a little out of nowhere.

The Hand being destroyed has created a power vacuum in China Town and all the rival Triads run roughshod. Danny and Colleen basically give the widow Mrs. Yang the keys to the city to be head gang with pressure to turn legit, because The Hatchet Gang are the most honorable of the crews? I get it... it was exhausting going out every night patrolling for trouble and being unable to make a real dent in the root of the problem.

So if Daredevil's big villain of the season is Kingpin again or something, and it ends with "hey, can you just... not? Like, at least around me?" I might be done with the Netflix universe.

I don't think you'll have to worry about that because...

This season of Daredevil has been teased as the darkest of the shows. Murdock died, resurrected and has seemingly come to the conclusion that he can't affect the change he wants in the court of law, and Matt Murdock as a person is more or less dead. He's embracing the Devil in the darkness to do what he feels needs to be done. I can't imagine he's going to compromise. I feel like it's more likely that he crosses a line (so as not to compromise with criminals) that turns negative attention his way from the likes of Luke Cage and the Iron Fist. I feel like the person who can most closely relate with the Matt Murdock that we get this season is probably going to be Frank Castle, and that's scary awesome.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Oh? What happened in it?

it's daredevil in his black ninja outfit, speaking in a confessional booth

"I once believed that justice could be found in a court of law, and in the light of day. But I was fooling myself. Darkness only responds to darkness. And the truth is, I'd rather die as the devil than live as Matt Murdock."

2 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Finally got to starting LC2... And I wasn't really ready for the eye 'stabbing' in the first episode. :puke:

What's with Netflix Marvel and their obsession with horrible eye attacks!

There's one in Iron Fist season 2 as well so watch out for that. It's in the fight scene at the end of episode three. I asked in this thread because I as worried there would be one, and yep... there it was.

Eye Torture is the thing that grosses me out the most.

On 24/09/2018 at 17:18, K said:

There's one in Iron Fist season 2 as well so watch out for that. It's in the fight scene at the end of episode three. I asked in this thread because I as worried there would be one, and yep... there it was.

Eye Torture is the thing that grosses me out the most.

Eyes, then teeth for me...