The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

I wouldn't be shocked if they move Iron Fist to the Disney Streaming Service. A third season likely wouldn't debut until it launches anyways, and it would be under the watch of Kevin Feige and company. Based off of what we know about the Marvel/Netflix arrangement, it's entirely possible for them to just move it to a different network or service, and with the critical acclaim that season two received and the interest that people seem to have in where the story is headed, I would doubt that Marvel just puts this toy away. They'll just move it to a newer, better toy box.

On 13/10/2018 at 04:45, Gabriel said:

I wouldn't be shocked if they move Iron Fist to the Disney Streaming Service. A third season likely wouldn't debut until it launches anyways, and it would be under the watch of Kevin Feige and company. Based off of what we know about the Marvel/Netflix arrangement, it's entirely possible for them to just move it to a different network or service, and with the critical acclaim that season two received and the interest that people seem to have in where the story is headed, I would doubt that Marvel just puts this toy away. They'll just move it to a newer, better toy box.

Yeah I completely think this is just Marvel/Disney wrapping up their contracts with Netflix and preparing to migrate the shows to Disney's side. They'd be remiss if they gave any competitor their IP's to use against them.

DD S3E4....DAT HALLWAY FIGHT!

A clip from an article about it in spoilers

Directed by Alex Garcia Lopez and written by Tonya Kong and Sarah Streicher, the episode has Matt entering a prison, pretending to be Foggy, in order to get more information to take down Wilson Fisk. However, he wasn’t adequately prepared for what he’d find out there, nor what he’d face. The prison was filled with men on Fisk’s payroll and they were out for Matt’s blood. What followed was a marathon fight to get out of the prison that took us through the entire building and back outside again. The sequence takes about 11 minutes.

And it was filmed in one take.

Speaking with Digital Spy, star Charlie Cox described the work that went into the huge sequence. “They actually gave us an entire day off just to rehearse, with everyone,” he told them. “Not just the stunt team and the actors, but also the camera crew, the sound department.”

Incredible barely covers it, to be honest. As I watched Cox straining to catch his breath and realized they hadn’t cut yet, I knew I had to watch it all again immediately. Normally, when a large one-take is filmed, the production inserts specific areas where they can cheat if necessary. Cox thought they’d have to rely on those cheats but in the end, they didn’t, and he called that a “real testament to the stunt team.”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lint said:

Yeah, I felt the same with the Iron Fist cancellation but now i'm all the more certain that this is Disney wrapping up existing deals and preparing to migrate all their IP's onto either the Disney service, or Hulu (if that's not going to get merged into the DSS outright).

Only thing i'd assume is that Netflix might have a lease on the show names, but as Tristy mentioned this is probably the quickest way to setup a Heroes for Hire show that combines Luke and Danny's shows into one more cohesive collective.

Expecting JJ and DD to be on the chopping block next, and next year after Punisher season 2 he'll close the door on the Netflix/Disney deal.

Jessica Jones has another season booked right? Can see Daredevil being the next one culled, alternatively, it'll get one final 4th season to close off the entire Netflix collection.

My only question is whether they'll keep the actors if they move over or re-cast. The casting has been done superbly for the Netflix shows on the whole.

I keep wondering the same thing about the Netflix shows that I do about the movies..spoilers

"Matt can't kill Fisk.  Matt won't kill Fisk"...umm..guys?  Much like Fisk, you have your own highly trained psychopathic ex-Special Forces solder you can call up.  "Hey, yea Frank?  We need a favor..."

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished S3 the other day and I couldn't disagree more. Loved it from start to finish which is a rare thing for me when something is more than 10 episodes. 

I will be very disappointed if it doesn't get at the very least a shortened S4 to wrap everything up. 

3 hours ago, livid said:

I just finished S3 the other day and I couldn't disagree more. Loved it from start to finish which is a rare thing for me when something is more than 10 episodes. 

I will be very disappointed if it doesn't get at the very least a shortened S4 to wrap everything up. 

My main issue:

Spoiler

The entire part of the show about the FBI is ridiculously awful and I can't get into the main storyline because it constantly derails everything.  It's like Season 2 of Luke Cage where I wanted to see Luke vs Bushmaster but kept getting a dumb Mariah story that I didn't like.

Daredevil sucks. Anyway.

That Scarlet Witch show on the Disney streaming service? It'll most likely include The Vision. Also - a series with Hawkeye training a protégé, and a Falcon/Winter Soldier series.

Edited by tristy

17 hours ago, Azazel said:

Daredevil Season 3 kind of sucks.  I'm on Episode 10 so I'm gonna finish it out but Season 1 & 2 were way better.

That's disappointing.  I was really excited for this but wanted to finish a few shows before going through season 3.