The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

11 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Jessica Jones is the last one standing! :w00t:

It already began filming.  I don't think they cancel it without releasing the season,  but who knows?    I think the same for The Punisher in that some filming has already been done, but I can't confirm that.   I have a friend who works on the set of JJ. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I read that article, the first thought I got from the Netflix mention is that this is Disney. Even if Netflix has something in the contracts that says that the characters used can't be used in any other form other than on Netflix for a set period of time, if Disney decides that something is worth pursuing, then their lawyers must have put some kind of fine print in the deal that gives them a monetary value they can give to Netflix to get out of the deal or the caveats. And if not, this is still Disney. If they want to use the characters badly enough, it's not like they can't just dangle some money in front of Netflix and walk away with their toys.

• 3 weeks later...

I sort of feel bad for Netflix because I have no interest in any of the last dregs of this marvel stuff because it's obviously all cancelled and just gonna have loose ends. It's not Netflix's fault, but after marvel scrapped luke cage and iron first at their most interesting bits, I have no incentive to see them do the same to punisher and Jones

• Like 1

14 hours ago, K said:

I sort of feel bad for Netflix because I have no interest in any of the last dregs of this marvel stuff because it's obviously all cancelled and just gonna have loose ends. It's not Netflix's fault, but after marvel scrapped luke cage and iron first at their most interesting bits, I have no incentive to see them do the same to punisher and Jones

I do agree, but I felt Dare Devil ended on a "could go on, could be finale", so I'll definitely be checking out Punisher

Also Disney hasn't nixed the idea of the shows (in one form or another) returning in the future onto their own streaming services, if not Disney+, then potentially Hulu instead to prop the latter up as an alternative that can be darker than Disney+ will most possibly be.

So there's always hope Disney/Marvel will bring it back, and with the fandom and possible pull those shows have regarding getting new subscribers for their new service, it would be honestly a bit shocking if they didn't try.

Forgot S2 of The Runaways came out.  S1 was a slow burn but ended really good so I'm stoked to check out S2

5 hours ago, Lint said:

Forgot S2 of The Runaways came out.  S1 was a slow burn but ended really good so I'm stoked to check out S2

I'm enjoying S2 so far. Pretty much more of the same tbh. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DFF said:

I'm enjoying S2 so far. Pretty much more of the same tbh. 

Which I'm fine with!  I liked the slow burn of S1 because it gave you just enough to stay interested.  I'm currently on S2E7 and love it