The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

I was reading the Day One list for Disney Plus yesterday, the only Marvel movies that will be on there is Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, and Thor: The Dark World. Endgame will be available about a month later, but no date has been listed for the rest of the movies. 

Supposed to be they're planning on staggering the film content getting added cos they dont want people signing up for a month, watching everything then fucking off again.

But surely putting Thor: The Dark World on there from the start will cause anyone who watches it to cancel too? :shifty:

That makes sense, it does seem weird not to put them on there in release order though. Evidently the WWE Network upload thought process is being copied.

30 minutes ago, Pooker said:

I believe that part of it is the movies having a contract to stream elsewhere and they can't put it on their service until those contracts are up.

That's exactly what it is. Netflix still has the rights to quite a few of the films in various markets, and I'm under the impression from everything that I have read that Disney+ doesn't want content that's only available in specific markets, instead choosing to wait on adding that content to their service until they have the rights to add it worldwide.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 25/09/2019 at 13:46, tristy said:

Hulu has decided not to go forward with Ghost Rider.

It's allegedly because Kevin Feige wants to use the character in the MCU-proper, and the MCU and Marvel TV are two different groups who were supposed to play along well, and just haven't really.

I'd rather see him in the MCU anyways, so I'm okay with that. I've seen people complaining because they're afraid the character is going to be gender or race swapped, because Kevin Feige is apparently the worst and is basically PC Principal. Honestly, I don't care. Choose which version of the Rider they want in the MCU, and hire the best actor for the part. I don't care what color their skin is or what they identify as sexually. So long as the character is written well and the product is as good as the rest of the MCU, I'll be a happy man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tristy said:

Cloak & Dagger is cancelled.

AllSecondhandClingfish-max-1mb.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wyatt Russell has been seen on set of the Falcon and Winter Soldier series, in costume as John Walker/U.S. Agent

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished the last season of Runaways tonight. Gotta say I really enjoyed how they wrapped it all up.