Song Reccomendations Needed

KRC

Hey,

I'm pretty much sick of listening to the same ten or so songs over and over again. So i was wondering if anybody has some Techno or Rap reccomendations.

btw, just a note. I like stuff by Blackstar, Kanye West & Common. Not the bling-bling shit.

Thanks In Advance,

KRC

BIg Pun is good, a lot of Tupac is the bling bling, but a lot also isnt. Of course, NWA and stuff from The Chronic 2001, but thats more or less just angry rap. And I'm REALLY into Petey Pablo right now, defintly something to check out.

MF Doom. I found his last album in HMV, so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Same goes for Murs.

I've heard REALLY good stuff about Foreign Exchange's Connected album. I haven't had a chance to hear anything, but there are sample here.

Go buy Tipping Point as well, if you haven't already.

Edited by Jimmy the Exploder

Guest Angry Baboon

Hip Hop/Rap:

Jedi Mind Tricks <--- If you like Kanye you'll love this

Aesop Rock

Del Tha Funkee Homosapien

Deltron 3030

Jurassic 5

Handsome boy modelling school

Kid Koala

Techno

Merzbrow

Orbital

Massive Attack

Instamatic

1000 Spoons

Add N to (X)

Daft Punk

Audio Bullys

Boards of Canada

Thanks for the reccomendations guys. Squancho/AB you nailed my style right on the mark as i've got Visions Of Gandhi by Jedi Mind Tricks and several Del CD's. Jurassic 5 is also another one of my fav groups.

Techno-wise look for anything remixed by Dave Clarke who is perhaps the best techno DJ working today.

Aphex Twin has done some decent techno-ey noise in the past.

I can't see the link between techno and rap (as I quite like techno but hate rap) but I'm sure there must be a link somewhere.

Add N To (X) isn't strictly techno, the bpm is too low, I would say Add N To (X) were IDM (Intelligent Dance Music) or pushing into Avant Garde Electro.

Techno has to have a very high bpm, faster than trance and hard house and pretty much pushing it with quick dnb.

I've been listening to the Roots a lot recently. I suggest albums Things Fall Apart and Phrenology, but if your going to be (legally) obtaining tracks off the internet, I suggest The Next Movement, Rock You, The Mic and Star/pointro.

I'm also a fan of the DJ Nu Mark (featuring Charlie 2na) single Coming Thru/Brand New Live. Also, if you haven't got Talib Kweli's mixtape The Beautiful Mix, get it. It's a good preview for his forthcoming album.

Edited by Psicosis

Try Dizzee Rascal. He is god. And English.

:blush:

I don't think they are strictly techno, but give the Prodigy a go. 'Music for the Jilted Generation' in particular. Again, not really techno, but electronic, give Squarepusher, Air, Aphex Twin, DJ Shadow, Massive Attack, Royksopp and Orbital.

As for hip hop, try DJ Newmark (just saw him live), Jurassic 5, The Roots, Skinnyman, Kayne West, Roots Manuva, De La Soul, Public Enemy and A Tribe Called Quest.