Good "Funk" songs

Guest EriKBN

Guest EriKBN

I've been listening to a bunch of funk music lately... mostly George Clinton and some old rap songs and shit. But I was just wondering if you guys knew of any other good songs for me to listen to.

EDIT: And maybe a site for old WWF wrestling themes, I've been looking for Flash Funk's theme music... :P

Edited by EriKBN

Guest Angry Baboon

Buy the album "Maggot Brain" by Funadelic. NOW.

Best. Funk. EVER.

Eddie Hazel's solo in the instrumental opening makes me cream my pants. George Clinton + A Guitarist that could give Hendrix a run for his money > Jebus

Well, James Brown IS funk music. Try any of his stuff. Mothers Milk/One Hot Minute/Bloodsexsugarmagic by RHCP is funk rock - their best work, not like the elevator music they make today. Infectious Grooves are pretty funky aswell.

Also early Incubus - from Fungus Amungus - is straight funk. Again, not like their newer stuff.

Guest bruins72

I don't know if they'd be considered funk but you could check out G Love and Special Sauce. They're not straight up funk but that's one of the many styles they've fused together in their sound.