General Podcast Thread

Hobo

Copied from The Lounge thread because I didn't think to search in Movies & TV >_>

Stone Cold Steve Austin has recently just finished up a podcast with Kevin Steen and whilst on his podcast, Steve was asked by a fan about the possibility of a certain Vincent Kennedy McMahon appear on his podcast.

Steve replied that Vince was in fact interested and the two are trying to find a period of time to record the interview.

- Source (Wrestling News Source via Steve Austin's Podcast)

Exciting if they can get it together, I've not listened to Austin's podcast regularly, but that's one I'll be sure to tune in to.

Also thought I'd recommend the BBC World Service's three part Mandela audio history. Very insightful and interesting podcast.

I tried "Welcome To Nightvale" thinking it'd be cool individual Twilight Zone stories, but it's a disorganised mishmash of plots that came across more goofy than anything.

Currently regularly listening to...

Hamish & Andy (Comedy - Morning Zoo)
Still as funny as ever. Every weekday a new show goes up, but they're currently on hiatus for Christmas. They have a different topic every day and do your typical morning zoo routine to great effect.

The Bugle (Comedy - Political Satire)
Updates once a week, but increasingly regularly has filler podcasts. Always a funny one, it was exactly what I asked for - Have I Got News For You but without the quiz elements and a lot more puns.

The Guardian Football (Football - English and International)
Still the best football podcast, and it always has some sprinklings of pop culture references thrown in there to.

The Leicester City Football Forum (Football - Local)
Copy and paste from last time - "this is just snippets from my local radio for Leicester City (obviously)."

Currently looking for a wrestling podcast that isn't overly cynical and isn't nearly entirely reliant on each week's guest being interesting, as well as a gaming podcast that can keep my interest for more than one episode, plus obviously anything else that's just generally an interesting listen.

I've been contemplating creating a podcast of my own, but I hate my voice and just like Dome diaries, I can't settle on one idea long enough to get it off the ground :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...

If we're talking about football podcasts.

The Anfield Wrap is a great Liverpool podcast. It's not always 100% serious with interesting discussion of issues surrounding the club/squad/matches etc. Football nerds they are.

I think if you go into Welcome to Night Vale thinking you're getting the Twilight Zone then you're going to be disappointed. Its much more Tales from Lake Woebegone meets Lovecraft.

I like Hardcore History but its too damn long. Anyone have any shorter history podcasts that are worth looking into?

The best best best for me right now is Judge John Hodgeman. Try to find the episode with the bat house.

• Like 1

Hardcore History is great. I like the extreme length.

It's hard to find a good history podcast because most of them just seem to give the impression of someone reading from a book. I like HH because there's lots of analysis and going off on interesting tangents. I've tried really hard an not really found anything.

Another problem is that far too many people focus on relatively boring areas such as WW2 and the American Civil War. I know pretty much all I need to know about those two.

Its not even that I hate the length, I just never find the time to listen to it. I pretty much only listen to podcasts when I'm driving by myself, which is generally only for 15 or so minutes at a time.

The 16 hour drive from Orlando to Baltimore helped out a lot with catching up! But that's still only about four episodes of Hardcore History...

• 2 weeks later...

This weeks Go Bayside was about the oil spill episode and the guest Justin Warfield was an extra on some episodes (including that one).

The current podcasts i listin too:

Smart Wrestling Fan- Can get a little long, they review raw, smackdown, and impact. This might not be evreybodys cup of tea, but i think each of the hosts bring shomthing unique

The Fourth Player- a video game poscast by a couple journalists and some former thq guys. There all freinds and they make you feel like your there freind too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Foglenest Files is fun. Jake Foglenest has a guest on and they just watch clips of things and talk. There is a YouTube version of it as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Aside from some of the podcasts that I have already mentioned that I listen to - such as How Did This Get Made.. I just want to share one that is usually under an hour long and always gets me laughing.

Fantasy Fiction is friggin' amazing - because it's Josh from the Continue!? Show and the guy that he replaced on it, Dom - receiving prompts and writing the stupidest short stories that I have ever heard in my life (but in a good way, of course). I'm really into the idea and I'd love to do something similar with someone eventually.. but man, I am lamenting leaving my headphones at home by mistake. I could be listening to this right now. :(

Smodcast is so wonderful. Everyone needs to listen to the saga of Emo Kev, where Kevin Smith takes us through a recording of his thoughts that he made when he was 20. It's hysterical.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm here to suggest everyone checkout The Nosleep podcast if you're a fan of horror stories. The show is looking to go full time with weekly releases and big specials but needs some more subscribers. You can checkout the free public episodes on Itunes and look into a season pass if you want more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...