• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Bub, I'm Logan, and I'm here to tell you about blue apron. now when i get back from a hard night of tearing open bad guys, I don't have the energy to worry about what I'm gonna eat...

I am starting a podcast!  Hold Up! is a podcast where we look back at LGBTQ+ media and see how it, well, holds up. Our first episode drops this Sunday and will be available on most major podcast

Just what the world needs. Another straight white guy with a podcasting microphone.

Posted Images

Newest episode of Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend is Conan and Stephen Colbert. I can’t imagine that being a bad episode. 

EDIT: It was good, but you could tell it was just scratching the surface.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Howdy Cloudy said:

Newest episode of Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend is Conan and Stephen Colbert. I can’t imagine that being a bad episode. 

It has a few funny moments, but holy shit is it a psychological deep dive. These guys are some driven dudes.

• Like 1
Just now, C-MIL said:

It has a few funny moments, but holy shit is it a psychological deep dive. These guys are some driven dudes.

It was really good, I thought, but also that may be because I felt like a lot of the deep dive stuff resonated with me. Like I said in my edit, though, it really feels like it's only just scratching the surface in terms of what these two could sit and talk about; it's a shame the podcast is only about an hour long and not, like, 3 hours. I could listen to 3 hours of a psychological deep dive with both those dudes, honestly.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid of it. Ron Burgundy has legs as a movie character and occasional appearance, I don't know if Ron Burgundy can carry a podcast.

5 hours ago, K said:

Did you guys know will Ferrell has a podcast where he is in character as Ron Burgundy? Gonna give it a listen later.

I hear about 10 ads a day for it(On the actual radio which is kinda weird) so yes, I'm aware.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone else listening to Running From Cops?

It's from Dan Teberski who previously did Missing Richard Simmons and Surviving Y2K and it's a really great step back at the COPS television show, and the problems with it - he interviews the creators, cops who have been on it, suspects who have been on it, people who have litigated cases from it, etc. Really great listen and it's still running currently.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been listening to "Pretending to be people"

https://twitter.com/pretendingpod?lang=en

Anyone know of any other horror RPG podcasts? The other RPG casts I've seen do the typical fantasy setting.

I haven't listened to Kings Falls AM in ages, due to lack of free time. The last one I listened to was the Sheriff election results special. Kind of dreading catching up since they had to recast the role of Emily Potter. 

All my podcasts seem to be going by the wayside of spending time hating on the thing they are meant to be being passionate about.

Someone help me find new ones that are more positive about things

Looking for stuff covering console gaming, music (would like something that looks into "making of" rather than just saying what people like or don't like), blockbuster movies, general popular TV, wrestling (non-WWE) and something covering news/social issues that tries to stay reasonably neutral and keeps it brief.

Generally I like finding out about how these things are made as much as the things themselves.

20 minutes ago, Benji said:

All my podcasts seem to be going by the wayside of spending time hating on the thing they are meant to be being passionate about.

Someone help me find new ones that are more positive about things

Looking for stuff covering console gaming, music (would like something that looks into "making of" rather than just saying what people like or don't like), blockbuster movies, general popular TV, wrestling (non-WWE) and something covering news/social issues that tries to stay reasonably neutral and keeps it brief.

Generally I like finding out about how these things are made as much as the things themselves.

For games, you might enjoy Cane and Rinse. It's a family of podcasts that has a series that focuses on a different game each week (Cane and Rinse Podcast), another about game soundtracks (Sound of Play and another that focuses on development (The Sausage Factory). The quality tends to vary with the Cane and Rinse Podcast, depending on the chemistry between the rotating set of contributors, but it's a no-frills setup that tends to be quite pleasant. There's already a back catalogue of over 300 previous episodes, and they haven't really aged because the games they talk about are from all kinds of eras.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@=BK= I've started listening to Last Podcast On The Left after seeing your recommendation a while ago and I'm loving it. Its both funny and interesting. I've heard Jonestown, HH Holmes, Leonard Lake & Charles Ng, The Donner Party, Carl Panzram and Son Of Sam. Can you recommend any other, preferably funny, episodes?

• Like 2

It's been a long time since I listened but I'll give the feed a look to refresh my memory.

Aum Shinrikyo, Dean Corll, Ed Gein, Charles Manson, Waco, Richard Ramirez and and the 911 call episode.

@HarshMillennium

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, HarshMillennium said:

@=BK= I've started listening to Last Podcast On The Left after seeing your recommendation a while ago and I'm loving it. Its both funny and interesting. I've heard Jonestown, HH Holmes, Leonard Lake & Charles Ng, The Donner Party, Carl Panzram and Son Of Sam. Can you recommend any other, preferably funny, episodes?

I listen to at least two episodes of this per day... lemme see. I really like them all and I'm leaving out some of my favorite series here - but I'm going to stick to the ones that have great voices by Henry or comedic bits that really stick out to me.

Satanic Ritual Abuse (68/69) 
Regional Monsters II (109)
Satanism In The Government (118-120)
Ted Kaczynski (135/136)
Charles Manson (147-149)
Hollow Moon (161)
Ed Gein (172-174)
Amnityville (175/176)
Mysterious Sounds and Recordings (177)
Henry Lee Lucas (182-185)
Hollow Earth (192)
Aum Shinrikyo (218-221)
Witch Hunts (223)
Bigfoot Hunters (232)
Billy Meier - Alien Collaborator (239)
Black Monk Of Pontefract (240)
Serial Killers and the Women Who Love Them (241)
Enfield Poltergeist (279/280)
Travis Walton Abduction - Fire In The Sky (284)
Norwegian Black Metal (285-287)
Robert Pickton (288-291)
Casey Anthony (307-308)
The Jersey Devil (314)
Flat Earth (334)

And then there's my favorite - I have Henry's impression of the Chupacabra as my ringtone.

Puerto Rican Chupacabra (259)

And then past THAT there are all the creepypasta/listenerpasta episodes where they read stories and make a big deal out of how Ben is a terrible narrator. I can't pick those out specifically because they all run together but they're good fun as well.

• Like 2

Do their multi-episodes have a lot of filler? I listen to Astonishing Legends from time to time. They did a 4-parter on Resurrection Mary last year that quite frankly should have been 2 or 3 episodes. As a result, I'm wary of listening to anything they do that's more than 2 parts now.

*edited to add* They've done a 3-parter on The Black Monk of Pontefract, and a 3 or 4 parter on Black Eyed Kids.....

Edited by GhostMachine

The Astonishing Legends BEK series was fun for Halloween.

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Do their multi-episodes have a lot of filler? I listen to Astonishing Legends from time to time. They did a 4-parter on Resurrection Mary last year that quite frankly should have been 2 or 3 episodes. As a result, I'm wary of listening to anything they do that's more than 2 parts now.

*edited to add* They've done a 3-parter on The Black Monk of Pontefract, and a 3 or 4 parter on Black Eyed Kids.....

They generally only do multi-part series on things that actually need it, and the multi-parts that go past 2 episodes usually happen because they literally couldn't fit all of their content in. First and foremost, Last Podcast is generally a comedy podcast more than anything - even with the content it's a bit of a lighter take, with only one of the hosts generally doing deep, deep research - with another one of them helping and/or doing more esoteric research for comedic talking points - and then another guy who purposefully doesn't read up on a lot of it so he can react to it. It's a great format.

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Cool. I downloaded the episode on the Jersey Devil, and will give a listen later.

Besides Astonishing Legends, I also listen to Beyond The Darkness occasionally. I recommend both shows.

Are AL or BTD funny? I don’t believe in ghosts and stuff but I still listen to those episodes of Last Podcast just because I find them funny. 

I've listened to a couple Last Podcasts on the Left and I reaaaaaally want to like it because I love the subject matter but I didn't find the hosts very funny.  Then again I think I mostly checked it out years ago and it looks like the episodes being recommended are from later on; if I didnt really like the early episodes, do you think theres any point trying, say, Aum Shinrikyo episodes (since a couple people pointed those ones out and that's something I don't know anything about)?

To answer Meacon:

Nope. They're both serious, though they do goof around sometimes on BTD. More often during the Supernatural News/Parashare episodes than the episodes focused on a particular subject.

I do believe in the paranormal,  because I know too many people who aren't crazy who have had encounters or incidents happen. However, I also believe that 95%+  of so-called occurances can be explained away as mass hypnosis, imagination, misidentification, just plain fraud, or other rational explanations.

*edited to add* If a show (tv, podcast, or otherwise) does an episode (or episodes) on Bobby Mackey's Music World, you can use that to judge the show's credibility. Ghost Adventures has none due to how they've handled the place. Its all gimmick, because the stories don't add up. One ghost that supposedly haunts the place is of a woman who had no connection to the location and was murdered nowhere near it. Yet the GA crew is scared of the place. Must have a hell of a bar tab there......

Edited by GhostMachine