General Podcast Thread

Hobo

• 3 weeks later...

The Earwolf podcast network launched it's new Pop Culture network Wolfpop this week. There are a few brand new podcasts on it like I Was There Too where the host interviews people who played small roles in famous movies (1st episode is Paul F Tompkins talking about being in There Will Be Blood). The Canon where the two hosts debate whether or not a certain movie deserves to be considered one of the greatest of all time. Also Maltin on Movies where Leonard Maltin talks about his favorite films basing his selections off a different theme each week.

I think I am going to be subscribing to a few more podcasts from this. Two podcasts I already listen to How Did This Get Made and Get Up On This (which moved over from Smodcast) have also moved over to Wolfpop.

http://wolfpop.com/shows

I meant to say that Mitch Hurwitz was on Nerdist a couple of episodes back. It is amazing.

I just listened to this, it was hilarious. I had it playing driving from work tonight and was laughing so hard at one point I almost went off the road. By far the best podcast from The Nerdist. Also, the fact that Hurwitz sounds like he's doing a Lester Burnham impression was very comforting.

Does anyone know of a comicbook podcast that doesn't talk about current comics? Fatman on Batman is the best example.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I was without internet one of the things I had to entertain me was the HD radio of my Zune. I started listening to PRX and NPR. I've found that I really love Snap Judgment and Ask Me Another. Great shows.

• 2 months later...

Paul F Tompkins has a new podcast. It is called Spontaneanation. The whole thing is improvised from start to finish.

It is glorious.

• 1 month later...

I like listening to stuff about conspiracy theories, supernatural phenomenon and strange things that have happened - so I followed a recommendation and listened to Steve Warner's Dark City but holy fuck is it annoying. Listening to Sword & Scale is amazing because everything is well told, researched and gone over - but Dark City is all phone calls, and the nut is trying to confirm that stuff like Satanic Ritual Abuse actually occurred.

The Black List Table Reads is a pretty good listen. They perform unproduced screenplays essentially as audio plays.

I like that I can say things in this thread if need be cause I've been obsessed with podcasts ever since I heard Serial. And thanks to this thread I've added a couple of podcasts to my favorites on Stitcher.

I don't believe it's been mentioned but if you like movies, games shows, and comedians, Doug Loves Movies might be up your alley.

I like that I can say things in this thread if need be cause I've been obsessed with podcasts ever since I heard Serial. And thanks to this thread I've added a couple of podcasts to my favorites on Stitcher.

I don't believe it's been mentioned but if you like movies, games shows, and comedians, Doug Loves Movies might be up your alley.

Getting Doug With High is pretty decent too. He basically gets some comedians together in the studio and they get high and just bullshit. Abbi & Ilana from Broad City have been on, Andy Richter, Sarah Silverman, the Workaholics cast and the list goes on.

I'm also a fan of Rhett & Link's podcast, Ear Biscuits. They go about an hour, hour and ten minutes or so and it's the two of them interviewing YouTubers. They dig into their upbringing, how they got started with YouTube, etc. It's usually pretty interesting.

I don't know if I mentioned it but Spontaneanation is Paul F Tompkin's new podcast. It is brilliant. It is improvised from start to finish. It starts with an improv monologue, followed by an interview where the opening question comes from the previous weeks guest and then finishes with a long form improv sketch based on a scene suggested by that weeks guest.

Dave Foley's (Mars Base 3) episode is probably my favorite so far although Michael Sheen's (Ghost Sex Convention) is pretty great too. They're all pretty great tbh.