General Podcast Thread

Hobo

3 hours ago, LL. said:

Did someone here mention a prison podcast? I can't seem to recall who posted about it but if like to listen to it as I am working on my own prison podcast and want to make sure not to delve into territory I shouldn't. 

they're recording inside San Quentin prison. I would say that it's unlikely you're going to enter that territory :lol:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LL. said:

Did someone here mention a prison podcast? I can't seem to recall who posted about it but if like to listen to it as I am working on my own prison podcast and want to make sure not to delve into territory I shouldn't. 

That is a fancy way of saying you are a drugs mule.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I've run out of things to listen to as of Friday. Tried my luck just now and The Leviathan Chronicles has just dropped about 7hrs (over 5 episodes) of audio detailing the origins of a lot of key players and factors within it's universe.  This should last me almost the week in driving. 

Can you get YouTube or do you need to download beforehand? Cause like I've said before the YouTube narration community is huge.

On 26/11/2017 at 22:16, =BK= said:

Can you get YouTube or do you need to download beforehand? Cause like I've said before the YouTube narration community is huge.

I'm not so much into narration as I am into full cast audio. Alice isn't Dead was probably the first in a very very long time. 

I do use a YouTube app so I can have it play in the background. I might have a look around see what I can find. Might even have to give @GA! One a crack

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

To anyone who listens to King Falls AM, I recommend listening to the latest episode ASAP. Something we've been waiting to happen for a while now finally went down.

As much as I'd love to, I prefer to wait while driving. So definitely Monday. I was going to listen to it on Friday but I wanted to finish the last few episodes of The Bridge.

I started listening to Cults and didn't know it was the same people who did Serial Killers - and my god, it's like listening to two robots talk to each other. And they could really just leave off the bit at the start where the guy introduces his partner and says "Now, she isn't a psychologist but she HAS done a lot of research" because it just sounds so hokey. They lead into ads and other thing sounding like first day high school drama students and advertise another podcast that does audio reenactments of moments from real crimes that sound just as bad.

On 12/2/2017 at 00:02, Rocky said:

As much as I'd love to, I prefer to wait while driving. So definitely Monday. I was going to listen to it on Friday but I wanted to finish the last few episodes of The Bridge.

If you've listened yet, what did you think?

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

If you've listened yet, what did you think?

Once I heard Emily I hoped it was Frickard. Man,  I hate that guy. I'm looking forward to the next one to see if there's any form of retaliation to the past two episodes. 

6 hours ago, C-MIL said:

I don't know how much overlap there is between the EWB comic book folk and the EWB podcast folk, but this could be relevant to somebody here...

They are making a Wolverine one.

There's an amazing X-Men audiodrama fan podcast that I'm a fan of. This, an official thing, is right up my alley.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Alex Horne and the Horne Section have a new podcast out. Two episodes have been released. It's pretty good if you dig his sense of humour. All the musical segments are music based. It's fun. 

what's it called?

Also @MDK, did you listen to the latest Bugle? I feel like someone didn't mention to the new guest that it was a comedy podcast. It was verrrrrrrry dry.

Elis James & John Robins on Radio X's podcast is good, went to see them live actually and they were just as good there. John Robins' show just won the Edinburgh Fringe Award as well.

I also really like the Sean Wes podcast available via itunes, but also www.seanwes.com which is a business podcast, ideal for creative types.

Efed Guerillas used to be cool but I think they stopped doing that.

-sc00t

On 10/8/2017 at 16:13, Rocky said:
Spoiler

A few months since I was last in here...
Finished 2 seasons of The Black Tapes (w/ Season 3 having just starting recently)
Finished 3 Seasons of Tanis (I think I like this more than The Black Tapes. It's a more interesting story)
Finished 1 Season of Rabbits (I don't see where they can go for a second season but I thought the same thing about Shooter on Netflix)
   With the above there is a lot of interaction between the hosts but only in reference to the story they tell. Which I guess makes sense as they all work together,
   but want to keep their work to themselves... I guess.. I dunno.
Finished 1 Season of Limetown (Hopeful for a return but two years off seems a long time.)
Finished 1 Season The Haven Chronicles. Season two can't be far off. Hopefully within a couple months.)
Finished 1 Season of Sundown Audio Theatre. (Different story every Season. Season 2 should be up within a couple weeks I think)
Finished The Cleansed. I tried it before and couldn't get into it. Thought I'd give it another shot and it's actually a really good listen.
   Great casting and I've never wanted kids to die more in my life (Not a spoiler)
Finished 1 Season of The Dark Tome (Sister podcast to The Cleansed. Based on short stories made into Audio Dramas. The first being The Devil on the Staircase.)
   They have a good way of interpreting the stories and making it flow with the overall storyline of the cast.
Season 2 of Our Fair City has started recently so that's on rotation with The Black Tapes, Kings Fall AM, and
Steal The Stars, which is currently my favorite listen every week. Aliens, Private Sector, Treason it's all basically there. Still a few days til the next episode :/

Lined up for my next binge listen is
The Orphans. I do believe they have just completed season 2. pretty short episodes (20minutes) so it shouldn't take long to get through.
Sight Unseen. Made by the same people as The Cleansed and Dark Tome, I think. Only 6 episodes so I don;t have much to lose.

From Audible I've listened to
X-Files: Cold Cases. If you've watched the show, you'll have no trouble listening to the audio drama. It feels like you're actually watching it as you can easily imagine the characters.

Just picked up
X-Files: Stolen Lives. Released earlier this week. I'm excited for it.
Locke & Key is going to be good too. I've had my eye out for it for a while until I just opted to get it on Audible.

This list has since been cleaned up including extra episode released since. All except X-Files: Stolen Lives

Adding to the list
Just finished Ready Player One (Audible). Was better than I expected and I always wanted to know what was going to happen next, though it was kind of obvious how it would play out.
Other podcast started then finished
Edict-Zero FIS is a great story set in a "futuristic world" about a task force looking into strange goings on with in the 5 Islands. (Currently in season 4 waiting on episodes.)
The Bridge is set within a watchtower along a highway that crosses the Atlantic Ocean. Strange occurrences and odd guests keep the group occupied. (1 Season = Extras)
Alice isn't Dead. I was hesitant with this one but it eventually caught on. I had trouble with the narrative but once it gets going, it comes together well (2 Seasons)
The Lift. A story about lifes choices and second chances set within a hotel with a dark history (2 Seasons)
Murder at Avedon Hill was probably my first fantasy story I listened to. Full of magic and vampires and werewolves and such (42 episodes)

I'll be looking at His Dark Materials Trilogy next on Audible as recommended in another thread.
In the meantime I'll dabble with The Message-Life/After and The Once &Future Nerd

Anything I may have missed that was suggested, I may get back through and look it up as I tend to listen about a minimum 3hrs a day (6 days a week) while at work.

• Like 1