The Persona Franchise

gunnar hendershow

17 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Where did you get stuck?

Maybe stuck isn't the correct word. I just was finding the fights quite difficult (I seem to remember it was at a point where I came to what looked a bit like a chapel room - it had a middle passage, bits on either side).

I probably just need to do some grinding, but haven't gone back to it. Might do just that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Liam said:

Maybe stuck isn't the correct word. I just was finding the fights quite difficult (I seem to remember it was at a point where I came to what looked a bit like a chapel room - it had a middle passage, bits on either side).

I probably just need to do some grinding, but haven't gone back to it. Might do just that.

The early game can be pretty tricky because your HP/SP are still quite low, and you lack all the amenities like baton passing that allows you to chain crits for easy kills.

Best you can do is to try and 'catch' some other persona so you have a nice elemental spread on Joker, and really focus on using him for elemental crits, Mona for pure crits/healing, and Ryuji for stomping down on fools.

Arsene, as cool as he is, is a pretty piss poor Persona and other than doing challenge runs you should throw him under the bus quickly for persona that deal elemental damage (since for physical you can always use your melee rather than persona).

Edited by Jasonmufc

30 minutes ago, Liam said:

That is the point in the game that is a little tricky if you haven't done at least a little bit of grinding, yeah. I don't recall any other palace/area that had such a noticeable shift in difficulty.

Oh, and after the chapel room, you'll soon head up to the roof... You REALLY need a persona that can cast Ice for the enemies up there.

Lots of positive little tweaks and fun little additions from the original P5 thus far (just finished the 3rd palace). The main change that annoys me is...

Spoiler

You actually have to have proper confidant meetings/leveling-up with Akechi, rather than your 'relationship' progressing as a matter of course. WHY MUST I SIT HERE AND DRINK TEA WITH YOU WHEN I COULD BE PUNCHING YOU IN THE FACE, YOU LITTLE SHIT?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just reached the new year in P5R (January 2nd) and there is SUPER WEIRD SHIT GOING ON.

SUPER, SUPER WEIRD, YOU GUYS.

...And it's at the worst time, as now I have to go to bed in order to be ready for work tomorrow. Damn it. :crying:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 27/05/2020 at 04:58, Rukaru Shida said:

The random card game in Royal? It's so much fun! And there's no point to it!

I literally never played it. :lol: I poked around the Thieves Den for a couple of minutes after securing the platinum, looked in the card game's direction...and then quit the game.

Just managed to get to one shot the 3rd palace. And I've unlocked the ability to summon higher level personas by paying money.... But the DLC personas are available for $0. So I can have a level 90 Messiah Picaro at level 28... temping. But I don't wanna break the game too badly.

On 28/05/2020 at 20:43, Rukaru Shida said:

You got the platinum? You're crazy.

P5R was a much easier platinum than P5. Most of the grindy "get every single persona/max every confidant at once/spend days and days fishing to catch the biggest fish for no reason/etc." trophies have been replaced by really simple ones focused on the new bits, e.g. "play a game of darts".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

P5R was a much easier platinum than P5. Most of the grindy "get every single persona/max every confidant at once/spend days and days fishing to catch the biggest fish for no reason/etc." trophies have been replaced by really simple ones focused on the new bits, e.g. "play a game of darts".

Oh? Then I might need to look.... I just assumed those were still in

Woah. Those do seem easy. The only one I'm not sure I'll get is finishing first on the exams and the ultimate persona. I'll have to take a closer look at the missable ones.

Also? The speed reader book? The best.

10 hours ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Woah. Those do seem easy. The only one I'm not sure I'll get is finishing first on the exams and the ultimate persona. I'll have to take a closer look at the missable ones.

Also? The speed reader book? The best.

The exam one just requires you to have maxed your Knowledge stat and then get all the 'questions' right in a 3 day exam period. The last exams are in...December, I think? Admittedly that one is missable.

The ultimate persona one is literally as simple as having maxed out a (persona-wielding) confidant and then hanging out with them one extra time from January onwards in the new term. I'd be staggered if anyone completed the game without getting it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stokeriño said:

The exam one just requires you to have maxed your Knowledge stat and then get all the 'questions' right in a 3 day exam period. The last exams are in...December, I think? Admittedly that one is missable.

The ultimate persona one is literally as simple as having maxed out a (persona-wielding) confidant and then hanging out with them one extra time from January onwards in the new term. I'd be staggered if anyone completed the game without getting it.

Any tips for max stating a persona? That one seems the hardest/most grindy

1 minute ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Any tips for max stating a persona? That one seems the hardest/most grindy

I think what Stoke meant is that if you max out a confidant their persona upgrades into an ultimate persona. When you hit Level 10 with Ryuji his Captain Kidd turns into a different more powerful persona.

If that's not the case and you need to get your own maxed out level 100 persona, then this is the 'easiest' way to make it happen within a day. This way costs a lot of cash though.
1: Get a treasure demon, higher levels are best. Make sure he's registered.
2: Sacrifice the demon to level up your persona (e.g. Arsene)
3: Register Arsene and fuse/sacrifice him so he's no longer in your party.
4: Pay yen to bring a new Arsene and Treasure demon from registration.
5: Repeat the process.

I know in the original P5 you can only level up a persona through the gallows once per day. But by registering the upgraded persona, removing it from your party through any means, and then reviving the upgraded persona with yen will reset the limit. In turn technically allowing you to mega-level any persona in a single day, the only limit being your wallet.

A quick way to make money is to tentaforoo (confuse) a mementos boss because they'll always drop valuable items or a LOT of money. By far the most OP persona is a specced out Sandman who has buffed confuse and tentaforoo through strategic fusing. Sandman has an insanely high base luck which affects status ailments, so you can easily grind millions of yen on a single mementos boss.

Granted, this knowledge is from P5, I have no idea if these exploits are still valid in P5R.

Yeah you don't have to max the person's stats. Just get to a Lv10 relationship with their owner will get you an evolved version of their persona (as in P5) - and then hang out with them AGAIN from Jan onwards (they will give you prompts about this) to further evolve their persona into its P5R 'ultimate' version.