• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

WWF Raw IS War

Monday, April 09, 2001

Nassau Colliseum Uniondale, New York

Announcers: Jim Ross and Paul Heyman

Before We Can Even Get The Show Underway...

It all begins with a shot of a meeting room where Vince McMahon, William Regal, four men in suits, and two other men in WWF Production T-Shirts are seated around a table. Over in the corner of the room sits Stone Cold Steve Austin, a cooler of beer open by his feet and the WWF Smoking Skull World Title laid draped over his shoulder.

Vince: ...in the hell did it happen?

One of the suits speaks up after clearing his throat.

Suit #1: The contract that your son and wife signed for the aforementioned nWo members is quite, well, different. They gave Mr. Bischoff, Mr. Hogan, Mr. Hall, and Mr. Nash an inordinate amount of freedom and leeway, as well as carte blanche to do seemingly as they please around here. It's almost as if...

Regal: ...they wanted them to bloody well get away with murder, sir. If I may be so bold, sir, but perhaps your, uh, tryst with Miss Stratus as well as your, errr, rather less than discrete nature has left Mrs. McMahon a little, shall we say, bitter and vengeful?

Vince: I know it William, there's no doubt left in my mind. I can't believe she's helping Shane and RUINING the WWF in the process. You, get my WIFE on the phone.

Vince is pointing at one of the suits, who looks shocked, but gets up and walks out of the room anyways.

Vince: As for you two, you can ASSURE ME that the hacking issue has been dealt with?

Production Worker #1: I'd bet my job on it sir. WCW will NOT be able to hack into our feed again. As a point of fact, they did not do it on Thursday sir and...

Vince: Good, because you just DID bet your job on it. Now get out of here and get into the truck, we have a show to do.

The two men exit the room as Vince turns his attention to Regal.

Vince: William, about the nWo and our plans...

This time Vince is cut off by Austin, who throws a half drinken beer against the opposite wall, barely missing Vince in the process. He jumps to his feet and gets into Vince's face.

Austin: As much damn fun as it is to sit back there and listen to this horses(BLEEP), I think we're all forgetting about something pretty big here.

Vince: And what would THAT be Stone Cold?

Austin: Me and Jericho at Backlash in about three weeks. He IS the Number One Contender for my World Title, he IS wrestling Triple H for his IC Belt later tonight, and he IS a damn good wrestler. Maybe it's time we dealt with HIM AND ME for a few seconds.

Regal stands up and steps in between the two men as the fans are both booing and cheering.

Regal: We ARE dealing with Jericho, I assure you. Why do you think he is wrestling Triple H tonight? The same reason he's going to wrestle at EVERY event for the remainder of the month.

Austin: Has anyone thought about talking to Triple H? The man hates me, in case you all forgot. He hired that fat sumbitch Rikishi to run my ass over, remember? We fought our asses off just a few months ago, and he beat me two out of three, remember? Has anyone on this so-called team tried to talk to him about things since he made his feelings known last week about our business decision, Vince?

Vince: Dammit Steve, he's my son-in-law and he'll do what he has to do to stay in MY good graces. Now we have some important things to...

Austin: I'll take that as a no. And an important thing to do around here is to make sure I STAY WORLD CHAMPION, Vince. Cuz the bottom line is, if I lose this belt to Chris Jericho at Backlash because YOU DROPPED THE BALL, the wars we've had in the past will look like play ground fights compared to what Stone Cold does to your ass THIS TIME.

The fans explode at the thought of this, as Austin grabs a beer and heads towards the door.

Austin: You worry about WCW, Shane, your wife, and the nWo, I'll deal with Triple H. Tonight. Before his match.

With that Austin walks out and slams the door behind him. Regal attempts a weak smile.

Regal: Egos, like you said sir.

Vince: I'm starting to get in a REALLY bad mood William.

With that the opening video for Raw IS War begins to play.

OR: 100

Once the video is played the inside of the arena is shown as the music plays and the fireworks go off. The camera finally rests on JR and Heyman at the announce table.

JR: Welcome to another week of WWF wrestling, and welcome to a jam packed Raw Is War here on TNN. Tonight we have THREE Title Matches for you all, as the Intercontinental, European, and Lightweight Titles will ALL be on the line.

Heyman: And as we've already seen JR, the tension is high and the tempers are flaring. Last week saw a momentous change in the status quo of the WWF, and EVERYONE is a little wired.

JR: Which should be good for our first set of competitors in our opening match of the night.

WWF Lightweight Title Match: Crash Holly© vs. Justin Credible

Justin Credible comes out to his music, as sung by Uncle Cracker, alone, as Heyman and JR discuss how Commissioner Regal has barred all members of X-Factor from ringside during the match. The crowd does give some heat to Credible, although not much. As Crash comes out to an almost silent crowd, JR says that Crash confronted him both after last week's show and before this one NUMEROUS times to remind him that he didn't WIN the Lightweight Title last week, but that he RETAINED the belt. JR apologizes for his verbal guffaw and says that sometimes in the heat of the moment he makes mistakes. Heyman just mocks him as the match starts with the two men locking up. Crash controls the match-up early on, showing why he is a multiple time Hardcore Champion and now the Lightweight Champion. He goes onto the top turnbuckle, but misses an attempted Leg Drop when Credible rolls to the side. Credible makes a slow comeback, as he whips Crash around the ring and hits Drop Kicks, Leg Drops, and Clotheslines on the champion. He sets Crash up, as the fans sit down quietly, then hits his Tombstone Piledriver in the center of the ring. As he poses over the fallen Crash the fans DO come to life, half cheering and half booing, as Kevin Nash slides into the ring and stands behind Credible. He spins him around and hits The Jackknife Powerbomb on Credible, slamming him right onto Crash. The ref has no choice but to call for the bell, as Nash gives the nWo sign high, then Jackknife's the ref as well. From the back X-Pac comes rushing down the aisle and slides under the bottom rope, Credible's Singapore Cane in hand, as Nash gets out of the ring, smiling. Pac is livid, yelling obscenities and asking Nash to come back in. Nash walks up the aisle, still smiling, but keeping an eye on his back for, one would assume, Albert. Heyman and JR are at a loss as to what just happened, and why.

WINNER: NO CONTEST DUE TO INTERFERENCE

WORKRATE: 68

CROWD: 60

OR: 57

(The Lightweight Title gained in over rising from 55 to 57)

commercials

One More For The Good Guys

The scene shows the parking garage and a limo, as the words "During The Break" are pasted in the bottom right hand corner. The door to the limo opens and Scott Hall gets out as Nash walks up, smiling. The two share a high five.

Hall: We all saw it Kev, and we have to say you did a damn nice job.

Nash: One more for the good guys, huh Scott?

They laugh and enter the limo, then drive off.

OR: 84

The scene cuts back to the announce position.

JR: I still have no idea what the hell that was about, Paul.

Heyman: nWo for life, JR? I don't know, I'm just talking here, but perhaps it was to remind X-Pac of his former pledge? Or perhaps it was just to get under Mr. McMahon's skin.

JR: Who can say with those four. Up next folks...

E&C and Rhyno vs. The Dudleys

The pyro hits the stage and Buh Buh Ray, D-Von, and Spike Dudley walk from the back to a huge ovation from the fans. As they walk to the ring Heyman and JR talk about how The Dudleyz have been at home recuperating after WMX7 and the brutal TLC2 Match that took place. Heyman points out that his old Dudleys didn't need a week to feel better, as the trio enter the ring to some mild cheering. Edge and Christian come out next, and then Rhyno walks out behind them wearing a title belt around his waist and holding one. Heyman is shocked, as he obviously recognizes the titles, but won't talk about them. JR sounds rather surprised, and pretty much ignores them, even when the camera focuses in tight and reveals them to be the ECW World and TV Titles. He hides his belts under the ring as Edge and Christian hand their titles to the ref. Their is no posing tonight however as The Dudleys attack fast and send E&C to the floor. Rhyno slides in, and it's a Gore to both Buh Buh Ray and D-Von that sends them to the floor. Spike comes up and hits a Dudley Dawg on Rhyno, as Heyman puts over the fact that Rhyno injured Spike in ECW and that these two know each other quite well. Spike goes for a cover, but Rhyno kicks out, as the fans die down and just watch pretty silently. The match is pretty back and forth between these two alone, and Edge, Christian, Buh Buh Ray, and D-Von are all down on the floor. Spike hits everything he can on Rhyno and scores a ton of near falls, but simply can't put Rhyno away. Finally Rhyno hits a Gore on Spike and picks up the 1-2-3 to win the match for his team. He goes to the floor and gets a table, with the help of Edge and Christian, and sets it up in the corner. Buh Buh Ray and D-Von make their way back in and fight off Edge and Christian. Rhyno soon falls to the duo, and Spike sets the table up in the center of the ring. Rhyno is nailed with a 3-D through the table followed by a Top Rope Leg Drop by Spike. The Dudley's are cheered by the fans as they roll to the floor and head up the ramp. Spike stops and looks under the ring and pulls the ECW Titles out. He stares at then for a second, then tosses them into the ring on Rhyno and joins his brothers up the ramp.

WINNERS: EDGE AND CHRISTIAN AND RHYNO

WORKRATE: 76

CROWD: 73

OR: 66

(Rhyno gains in over rising from 86 to 87)

commercials

Commissioner Regal Makes Some Changes

JR is cut off putting over the remainder of the night's matches as the music of William Regal plays. He walks on to the top of the ramp, a microphone in hand as the fans begin to boo him.

Regal: Yes, yes, yes, now quiet down and listen, because once again my office has some things to announce First of all, as a result of earlier this evening, Crash Holly and Justin Credible will now meet THIS THURSDAY NIGHT on SMACKDOWN! in a rematch for the WWF Lightweight Title. Since Kevin Nash and the nWo apparently really want to see some in-ring action, The Outsiders shall also be wrestling this coming Thursday in a Tag Team Match...

The fans go nuts at this announcement.

Regal: ...with opponents to be named later by myself. This Thursday shall also see Chris Jericho in action against Kurt Angle seeing as how Angle holds a victory over him from last week. IF Y2J retains his Intercontinental Title later this evening then it shall be for that belt. Good luck, sunshine.

Regal turns to leave as the crowd murmurs, then he stops.

Regal: Oh yes, one final thing. Rocky, as a result of your decision to put your hands on a WWF Official outside the confines of a regularly scheduled match, you can consider yourself INDEFINATELY SUSPENDED! There, now THAT will do it.

Regal walks off as the fans boo him.

OR: 71

JR: Two possible title matches this Thursday Night and The Rock has been suspended. All this and We STILL have our Intercontinental Title Match, European Title Match, and The APA taking on The RTC still to come tonight.

Heyman: You know JR...wait a second, what's this?

Austin Takes Matters Into His Own Hands

The scene shifts to the backstage, where Stone Cold Austin is walking into a locker room.

JR: Well, this is quite the newsworthy piece of footage we have...

JR stops as the door to the locker room shuts. On the door it read:

TRIPLE H AND STEPHANIE MCMAHON-HELMSLEY

JR: Oh dear god, Austin really HAS lost his mind.

Heyman: (laughing) And there's the FINAL piece of proof you needed JR, your good buddy Stone Cold Steve Austin really HAS joined the dark side, now hasn't he?

JR: Dammit Paul, yes, it would certainly appear so.

Heyman: (laughing) Welcome to THE REAL WORLD JR, population those of us that KNOW that Steve Austin always has been and always will be a no good, dirty, Texan Son Of A Bitch RATTLESNAKE! And JR, rattlesnakes will turn on you in a HEARTBEAT!

JR: Just go to our commercial break dammit.

OR: 88

commercials

Career vs. Servitude Match: The APA vs. The RTC(with Steven Richards)

The sirens blare as Steven Richards leads Brother Val and Brother Bull to the ring. As the trio walk Heyman and JR discuss how Steven, both tonight and last night, seems to be perfectly fine despite the rather shocking revelations that Raven made known world wide last week regarding Steven's childhood. The sirens stop and are immediately replaced by the music of The APA who rush from the back and slide under the bottom rope. Steven rushes from the ring as Val and Bull lay into Bradshaw and Farooq immediately. Val whips Farooq into the ropes, but Farooq comes back with a Shoulder Block that sends Val down hard. Meanwhile Bull hits a Chokeslam on Bradshaw, then turns into a Sidewalk Slam from Farooq. The fans show very little interest, barely making a sound despite the build this match has been given. Farooq rolls Bull to the floor and turns back to Val, who is slowly getting up. Farooq puts him back down with a boot to the leg, then tags in Bradshaw, who is already up and in his corner. Bradshaw with some power moves, then he begins to work on the leg that Farooq kicked. A tag back in to Farooq, and Val is able to hit a DDT out of nowhere. As he crawls to his corner Farooq quickly gets to his feet No Selling the move entirely. Val sees that Bull is not there, but he is handed a book by Steven. Steven then hops onto the apron distracting the ref and getting Bradshaw to come into the ring. Val rolls over and whacks Farooq in the groin with the book, then toses it aside. The camera catches the book's title, as JR is stunned to see that The RTC is using The Bible to steal matches in the WWF. Val climbs to the top as Bradshaw makes a move to stop him. However Brother Bull is now back in and he tosses Bradshaw to the floor as Val flies with the move Formerly Known As The Money Shot. He hooks the leg and gets the 1-2-3 to give the match to The RTC. The fans start to boo NOW as The RTC all enter the ring and celebrate, while Bradshaw looks stunned on the floor. Heyman is actually happy that The APA is now gone from the WWF, while JR is shocked. As The RTC celebrate the fans do cheer a little as Tazz rushes to the ring. He is met by all three men, and he actually begins to go down until the explosions hit, the turnbuckles explode with red fire, and Kane runs from the back. The RTC bail from the ring as Kane enters. He helps Farooq to his feet as Tazz gets a mic and Bradshaw remains unmoving on the floor.

WORKRATE: 48

CROWD: 63

OR: 52

A Big Red Challenge

Tazz now has a mic in hand, and he shakes hands with Farooq. Bradshaw simply walks off, without a word or a glance back.

Tazz: Give it up for The APA.

The fans do cheer now as Farooq heads out of the ring and follows his partner into the back.

Tazz: Sad to see them go, really it is, but...

Tazz is cut short as Kane grabs his hand and pulls the mic to his face. The fans cheer now, anticipating some form of communication from the normally silent Big Red Machine.

Kane: I...want...Steven.

Tazz jerks his hand free as the fans cheer a little more.

Tazz: You want him and so do I, Kane. The RTC has become a pain in the ass and...

Kane does it again.

Kane: I...want...him...NOW!

Tazz now looks irritated, as he yanks his hand free from the gloved hand of the monster.

Tazz: How about you not...

Kane screams out his gutteral moan, then rips the mic from Tazz' hand.

JR: He's like a child, Paul.

Kane: Thursday...tonight...for...Hardcore...Title.

With that Kane drops his arms and slams the mic to the mat as the pyro on the turnbuckles goes off a surprising second time. Tazz is stunned as Kane goes to the floor amid cheers and heads to the back, leaving Tazz alone and looking rather foolish.

OR: 77

commercials

WWF European Title Match: Eddie Guerrero© vs. Test

Test's music hits, and he comes from the back to a decent round of cheers. However Test is all business as he ignores the fans and marches right to the ring. He waits, and soon "Latino HEEEAAAAT!" explodes through the arena and Eddie makes his way from the back, alone. JR is a little suprised that Eddie came out alone, but Heyman says that a talent of Eddie's level doesn't need any help to beat a nothing like Test. Eddie eventually gets into the ring after playing around in the aisle taunting Test, and soon enough the bell is sounded. The two men feel each other out for the opening minutes of the match, then they really start to go at it. Eddie is able to stay away from Test's power moves, and he hits and runs, an obvious attempt to wear his bigger opponent out. However that only lasts for so long, and eventually Test does indeed catch him. Test works Eddie over, focusing the brunt of his attack on the back of Eddie. Test finally hits the Pump Handle Slam and goes for the cover, but Eddie gets his foot on the bottom rope at the last second. The fans, who had seemed hot for this match at the start are almost dead now, only making a small amount of noise at the near fall. ]Test scoops Eddie up for another attempt, but Eddie slides down his back and gets a Reverse DDT. Both men lay on the mat, but Eddie is the first to get up. He drops a few elbows onto Test, then climbs to the top turnbckle, signalling for The Frog Splash. Now the fans again come alive, as Eddie flies through the air hitting his signature move on the big man. He rolls him up and gets the surprising and rather quick 1-2-3 to end the match and retain his title. Malenko, Saturn, and Terri make their way to the ring clapping, and Eddie motions for the trio to come in. Dean is in first, and he pounces on Test, locking in The Texas Cloverleaf for seemingly no reason. The fans are booing him, while Saturn lays boots to Test' head. Eddie laughs and points, then calls his friends off. They all raise each other's arms, a sign of unity amidst The Radicalz again as the fans boo them.

WINNER: EDDIE GUERRERO

WORKRATE: 74

CROWD: 71

OR: 64

commercials

A Force To Be RECKoned With

The scene is the back in a locker room where Team RECK are all hanging out.

Angle: I am so proud of the the three of you, and that my good friends, is true. Last week when you two introduced me to Rhyno, I'll admit I wasn't sure how he'd fit in, but this week I have seen the light. Rhyno, my new friend, you are a true force to be reckoned with.

Edge: We ARE Team RECK for a reason, Kurt.

Angle: Oh that is SO damn true, Edge.

Rhyno: I told you, I told you I would bleed for you, and I will. I will die if I have to...

Kurt looks uneasy as he places a hand on Rhyno's shoulder.

Angle: Now, there will be NO dieing going on, at least not for us. Spike, Bubba Ray, D-Von, Jericho, Benoit, maybe, but not the four of us. Speaking of Spike and The Dudley Boyz...

Rhyno : I want to kill them all. I want to break every bone that exists in their little bodies and I want to feast on their hearts. Let me have them, let me go get them.

Christian: Whoa big guy, simmer down. We already talked about this.

Edge: Right, you can feast on their hearts and spleens at SMACKDOWN!, cuz those two get their rematch then. I'm sure little runt boy Spike will be around.

Christian: We'll SO TOTALLY defeat the suckitude that is The Dudleyz, follow that up by taking The Hardyz...

Christian gyrates like a fool as Kurt and Edge laugh.

Christian: ...and defeating them for time number 4,598, and then be revered the world over as the GREATEST Tag Team Champions of all time.

Angle claps.

Angle: I kinow you will. Plus, if I may toot my own horn for a second, last week I single handedly defeated Chris Jericho...

Edge: Yep.

Christian: Sure did, Kurt.

Angle: ...and now I am next in line for...

Angle stops and looks at the door. The camera doesn't move, instead looks only at the foursome as they all rise to their feet.

Angle: Guys, take that cameraman and do me a favor and bail for a few. I think I have some business to attend to.

The camera goes black.

OR: 95

{Christian gained in over rising from 78 to 79)

Heyman: I wonder what THAT was about?

JR: At this point after the night we've had, Paul, I don't even want to venture a guess. Our Main Event WWF Intercontinental Title Match is up NEXT.

commercials

WWF Intercontinental Title Match Main Event: Chris Jericho© vs. Triple H(with Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley)

Triple H and Stephanie come from the back as the music hits and the lights dim. He goes through his usual routine, then the two of them wait in the ring. The Countdwon begins, and Jericho comes out in his usual way to the roar of the crowd. JR talks about the politics of Stone Cold here to try and wear Y2J down in the weeks leading up to Backlash, as Heyman wonders aloud what Triple H and Stone Cold might have discussed in his dressing room. JR is NOT happy. Jericho makes his way to the ring as the fans are chanting his name, however as we have seen all night once he match begins, and the two old foes go right to work, the fans settle in and quiet all the way down. The two waste no time getting into the meat of the match, however. Triple H gains the opening advantage, and he works Jericho over relentlessly, hitting every one of his patented moves in set up for The Pedigree. However when he hooks the arms and gets ready to nail it, Jericho powers out and hits a Back Body Drop on The Game, one that is awkward. Jericho makes the obligatory comeback here, the fans getting back behind him, as Triple H can't seem to gain a moment's relief to change the tide. Jericho comes of the ropes with a Lionsault that connects, but only gets a two. He hits a Running Bulldog, then hits a SECOND Lionsault, but again he can only score the two. Jericho then grabs the legs and locks in The Walls Of Jericho after several frantic moments of Triple H attempting to fight it off. Triple H screams in agony, attempting to hold out, but he seems almost ready to tap when Stephanie makes her way onto the apron. Y2J releases the hold and catches her by the hair. As the fans are cheering and she is begging off, Austin comes sprinting from the back and slides into the ring. Jericho just pushes Stephanie to the floor hard, then turns around right into a Stone Cold Stunner. The ref IMMEDIATELY calls for the bell, but it doesn't matter to Austin, who mounts Jericho and proceeds to beat the holy hell out of him. Triple H gets to his feet looking less than happy, and he yanks Stone Cold off of Jericho with authority as the fans cheer. The two men then go nose to nose, but Triple H just spits on Jericho and walks off with Stephanie at his side. Austin smiles, then continues the beatdown on Jericho as JR is screaming for some help out here and calling both men bastards.

WINNER: CHRIS JERICHO BY DQ DUE TO INTERFERENCE

WORKRATE: 69

CROWD: 74

(The Intercontinental Title gained in over rising from 80 to 84)

(Chris Jericho lost in over dropping from 90 to 87)

OR: 73

TV RATING: 6.50

ATTENDANCE: 7022

Best Segment: Opening with just Business

Worst Segment: The APA vs. The RTC

WWF News And Notes For Tuesday April 12, 2001

by Wildro

Last night's Raw Is War continued the post WrestleMania direction of the WWF, and apparently the huge Chris Jericho push.  The results, and my opinions on them,  are as follows:

-Justin Credible and Crash Holly wrestled to a No Contest Due To Interference from Kevin Nash.

So, the nWo are now interfering in Lightweight Title Matches?  From attacking Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon, to attacking Al Snow,  Justin Credible, and Crash Holly?  I hope this is just a way for the WWF to get the nWo over as a total threat to anyone anywhere anytime in the WWF, and not a sign that these guys are going to be horribly misused. 

-Rhyno, Edge, and Christian over The Dudleyz

It looks as if we may see a feud of sorts develop here, but the SD! results from Thursday which featured The Hardy Boyz makes me wonder.  Perhaps the idea is to push all three teams again in a feud?  Not sure, but the inclusions of Rhyno and Spike has been good.  Rhyno should have a bright future, and his inclusion with Team ECK has been good.  Hopefully, however, we won't have to watch a redo of Rhyno vs. Spike from ECW.  Although the sudden inclusion, and non mention later on, of the ECW Titles was certainly odd.  Does WWF need two more titles?

-The RTC over The APA when Val pinned Farooq

Was I the only one to notice that after they lost the career match Bradshaw walked out on his partner?  A possible new member for The RTC?  Either way, the WWF says that they are gone, but we all know they will be back at some point.  And the Kane and Tazz segment, which I assume was for humor was weak and unneccessary.  While I look forward to seeing Steven Richards against Kane, I'm not sure what the point of it is going to be.  This Raven, Richards, Kane, Tazz, Undertaker story is intriguing, but I'm not sure what the WWF has planned.  At least the Hardcore Title, despite Raven talking so badly about it last weekj, is being treated with some respect by the company.  For now.

-Eddie Guerrero successfully defended his European title against Test

I have no idea what this was even here for, aside from possibly just putting Eddie over Test clean, as opposed to his screwjob ending at WrestleMania.  Or perhaps it's another attempt by the WWF to make it known that The Radicalz are again a cohesive whole, minus Chris Benoit.  Either way, it was short and okay.

-Chris Jericho and The Game went to another No Contest Due To Interference when Stone Cold interfered in this IC Title Match

As soon as Regal announced the possible IC Title Match earlier in the night for SD! between Jericho and Angle, I saw this ending coming a mile away.  The whole idea of course is to build to the World Title Match at Backlash, a week after it was made, and it did it well, as well as to push the idea that HHH might be turning face.  Is he?  I hope so.  I think that will be the end result here as we'll see HHH going face and the WWF reigniting the Stone Cold vs. HHH feud from before WrestleMania, but with the roles reversed.  Unfortunately last night's match didn't show a reason why Y2J should get a World Title shot, as he and HHH were all over the place, and certainly not on the same page.

All in all, it was an okay show, but not nearly as good as last week's shows were.

Rumors continue to circulate that Chyna is already gone from the WWF, just not officially.  What this means for the Women's Title is unknown, but considering that the Women's Division consists od Chyna, Ivory, and Lita, that may not be a bad idea at all.

That's it for this week.

Wildro

credit 411Wrestling.com

Guest y2gudge

I thought that I remembered the storylines from somewhere, then DYSI brought up it was your old post WMX7 diary which I did really enjoy before you stopped to refocus on WCW 1991, I think.

Remembering what storylines you started all I can think is it must be overkill for yourself to keep them all going cohesively as there is so much going on at the moment. I tentatively wait for Smackdown and the next piece in the puzzle.

*y2gudge*

user posted image

WWF SMACKDOWN!

Thursday April 12, 2001

The Ice Palace Tampa, FL

Announcers: Michael Cole and Paul Heyman

WWF Lightweight Title Match: Crash Holly© vs. Justin Credible

Their is no pyro and no opening music or graphics, just the word LIVE on the screen followed by the music of Crash Holly, who walks to the ring in his usual manner with The Lightweight Title. He stands in the ring to almost no reaction, as Uncle Cracker's X-Factor theme plays and Credible is accompanied onto the ramp and stage by Albert and X-Pac. The crowd shows little interest here as Credible gives high fives to both of the other men, then sprints to the ring as they wait on the top of the ramp. Cole wonders if X-Factor is here to watch out for the nWo, who he reminds everyone interfered in this match on Monday Night when Big Sexy Kevin Nash entered the ring. Heyman insults Cole and says of COURSE that's why they're out here. In the ring the bell is sounded and the two men go right at it with Crash getting the initial advantage. The match is almost ALL Crash for the first three to four minutes, but he botches an attempted DDT, and Credible is quick to come back with boots to the back of Holly's head. Credible dominates, as X-Pac and Albert are repeatedly shown on the ramp watching not the in ring action, but the stage, the crowd, and the aisleways. Credible soon hits Just Incredible square to the jaw of Crash and gets the 1-2-3 to become the NEW WWF Lightweight Champion. Albert and Pac stalk to the ring with small smiles on their faces while Credible celebrates to a smattering of boos. The threesome then proceed to beat down on Crash Holly, as Cole states that there is NO NEED for this. Albert hits The Baldo Bomb, which Heyman calls X Marks The Spot, then Credible launches Crash to the floor below. The ref follows to the floor as he runs from Albert, and X-Pac is handed a mic.

WINNER: JUSTIN CREDIBLE

WORKRATE: 69

CROWD: 60

(The WWF Lightweight Title gains in over rising from 57 to 59)

X-Factor Have Some Things To Say About The nWo

X-Pac is holding the mic as a small "X-Pac Sucks" chant begins. Credible takes the mic and poses in front of X-Pac with The Lightweight Belt on his shoulder.

Credible: You all need to just shut your filthy mouths and allow my man X-Pac to talk about what he needs to get off of his chest. As for me and what I just did? That wasn't just the coolest, that wasn't just the greatest, that was JUST INCREDIBLE!

The fans begin to boo a little bit more as Albert hits the ropes and yells obscenities at the crowd.

Cole: Well, the fans don't seem to much care for X-Factor or ANYTHING they have to say Paul.

Heyman: They're BARELY making any noise Cole, but apparently X-Pac wants COMPLETE silence before he talks. He needs to just talk over the few hundred RUDE Floridians and say what he needs to say.

As if X-Pac heard Heyman, he takes the mic back from Credible and begins to speak.

X-Pac: I don't have a lot to say, but I do need to talk about my "buddies" Scott and Kev. The Outsiders, huh? I'm not so sure you two still can go by THAT name, as you guys became about as inside as anyone with all your ass kissing and game playing with Bischoff in WCW. But whatever, you know. On Monday, Kev, you got involved in Justin's match, in X-Factor business for ABSOLUTELY no reason whatsoever. I don't know what you hoped to accomplish, but all it did was make Justin wait a few more days to get his hands on The Lightweight Title and PISS me and Albert off in the process. Look at Albert, look at this giant of a man who dominates everyone and everything he does here in the WWF. He's bigger, stronger, tougher, and much more violent than you've EVER been before Kev. Scott, look at me buddy. Remember all those times I whooped your ass when you were in the WWF in the old days? Well, the only thing that's changed is you drink more and I've gotten TONS better in the ring. I'm saying all this to FORMALLY announce that the two of us want to be the team that Commissioner Regal pits against the two of you later on tonight. The nWo is old, tired, and worn out, while X-Factor is young, full of energy, fresh, and MORE than capable of putting the nWo on the shelf for good. We'd like to start that TONIGHT. Hope we see you soon.

The music plays again as Pac tosses the mic to the mat, and the fans show little interest. They made the MOST noise whenever the nWo members were mentioned, showing that they support them over X-Factor at this point and time.

OR: 69

Cole: Albert and X-Pac have challenged The Outsiders for later tonight. Will Commissioner Regal choose THEM to take on, and possibly take out, the nWo?

Heyman: With ALL DUE RESPECT to X-Factor, I think our esteemed Commissioner needs to go with a team that's more experienced and a little bit bigger and tougher.

Cole: Who would YOU pick Paul, if you were in charge of the WWF?

Heyman: Me? Well, I'd have called in some of my old friends who know how to give and take a butt whooping Cole. I'd have called in The Sandman and Tommy Dreamer, but that's just me.

Cole: Uhhh, interesting choice, but I don't think that's the direction Commissioner Regal will take Paul.

Heyman: I didn't say it was, you just asked me who I'D put in there, and that's who.

Cole:

commercials

The RTC(with Steven Richards and Sister Ivory) vs. Tazz, Steve Blackman, and The One Billy Gunn

The sirens blare right out of the commercials, and the entire RTC walk onto the stage, flanking their leader Steven Richards. Each and every one of them are wearing an APA t-shirt over their normal button up white shirts. They all raise their hands in victory and head to the ring, where once inside they proceed to take the shirts off and hand them to Steven. He rolls to the floor and places each and every one of them in a trash can, then sets the shirts on fire within it. He laughs as The RTC members clap in the ring, until two officials rush down and put the fire out in the can and haul it off. In the ring Bull and Val taunt the two as they leave. Finally the sirens end and Steven has a mic.

Steven: I think it's time that The RTC...

But he is cut off as the lights dim and the color in the arena turns a distinct orange. The fans cheer as Tazz' music hits and he walks from the back, the towel over his head, with Steve Blackman and The One Billy Gunn at his side. The fans applaud the trio slightly as Steven looks upset and he and Sister Ivory go to the floor, Ivory clutching the book that has helped Brother Val gain two big wins this week already. With Tazz' team in the ring, the ref gets things settled, and it starts with Tazz taking on Brother Val as the bell sounds. The two lock up, and it is soon clear who the dominant individual here is as Tazz is soon Suplexing Val. Brother Bull gets in the ring and he too is Suplexed. The same goes for The Goodfather. As Tazz turns back to Val he is met with an obvious poke to the eye and a less than obvious Low Blow. As the ref reprimands him for the eye poke, Steven attempts to pull Tazz to the floor. Blackman makes his way over and delivers a Round House Kick to Steven that floors him. Sister Ivory whacks Blackman in the back with the book, and he turns and glares at her. She begs off as Blackman stalks her, but he is taken down by Bull, who nails him from behind with an Axe Handle. Inside the ring Val works on Tazz' lower back, delivering a Suplex of his own that drops Tazz almost square on his head. Val tags in Brother Goodfather, who gets inside and lays boots to the back of Tazz. He whips Tazz into the corner, then rares up The No Ho Train to some booing from the crowd. As Bull sends Blackman into the ring steps on the floor Goodfather runs into the corner. Tazz leaps aside at the last second causing Goodfather to eat turnbuckle. Tazz rolls across the ring and tags in The One Billy Gunn, who leaps over the top rope and hits a Clothesline on Goodfather. He dances for a second, then drops a knee on Goodfather's forehead, sort of ala The Nature Boy. He gets to his feet where he poses for a second, then pulls Brother Goodfather to his feet. Goodfather Short Arm Clotheslines The One, killing the fans who were starting to get behind the former Ass Man. Goodfather tags in Brother Bull, who hits some generic power moves on the One, then tags in Brother Val. On the floor Steven is to his feet with the help of Sister Ivory. Blackman is still down at their feet, the ring steps dissheveled next to him. Val hits a Super Kick to Gunn, then rushes across the ring and nails Tazz with an elbow sending him to the floor. As Val climbs to the top turnbuckle The Human Suplex Machine meets a Steven Kick to the side of his head that drops him to the floor. Val flies with The Move Formerly Known As The Money Shot, hooks the leg, and gets the 1-2-3 to win the match for The RTC. The censoring group celebrate on the floor as they head up the ramp, while The One gets to his knees in the ring and pounds his fist on the mat. Blackman rolls inside, unsure of what happened, as Tazz slowly uses the apron to get himself vertical as well. Then, The RTC turn to face the entrance to the back as the lights go out in the arena.

WINNERS: THE RTC

WORKRATE: 67

CROWD: 61

Raven's Nest

The fans are making some noise as a spotlight hits the top of The Titan Tron where Raven now stands. The Titan Tron itself shows a close-up of him, as he stands with his arms outstretched. The normal half cheers half boos come from the crowd, as Ravn produces a mic from his jacket. The RTC and Richards, as well as Tazz, Gunn, Blackman, and the ref are all watching as Raven begins to speak.

Raven: Once upon a time I stood as a child upon this world and I marvelled at the sights and sounds before me. I gaped awestruck and slack jawed at the giants who towered over me. I was taken aback by the awesomeness of the very concept of growing old. Those days are far removed, and now I am but a withering man taking one step after another towards my coming end, unable to halt it, uncaring enough to even try. But for some, for some I care enough to do anything to help them out. For a chosen few I look upon them and see the longing they have to achieve something momentous before their time comes to an end. For my old friend Tazz, that something is the continued battles with a man and a group, a concept that is both petty and useless. You seek to lay waste to The Right To Censor. Why? Have they done you some personal wrong? Have they caused you physical or emotional pain? What did they do that has put you here today, ready to destroy them and perhaps send them all out of the WWF with no way to support their families? Were you truly that close with Bradshaw and Farooq? Or was it some before now unbeknownst long standing friendship with Jerry Lawler that made you do this? You simply stepped forward to replace The King for a match, who took his trophy wife and went home, did you not? Yet in the last two weeks you've saved The APA from a spectacular beating, stood up for The APA, played straight man to Kane, the hideous and grotesque burned monster, and teamed with a former man who likes ass and a former member of Head Cheese . Is this what you hope to achieve here in the WWF? Is this your path to glory? Is this your stepping stone to something greater? Or is this simply another misstep in a multitude of them since you graced the WWF with your presence? What a marvelous and grotesque disappointment TAZZ is. What a shame TAZ is no more.

The fans are mostly booing Raven now, who turns his attentions to Steven Richards, while Tazz looks irriatated, Blackman looks bored, and Gunn looks offended.

Raven: And you Stevie, the man whom I attempted to awaken from a self induced coma, what have you accomplished since last we spoke? You kept me from winning a belt I verbally destroyed, you rid the WWF of The APA, and you have beaten that aforementioned former ass lover here tonight. Are these things to be proud of? Is this a part of your grand scheme? Allow me to ask, Stevie, what thoughts went through your head as I reminded you of your past? What thoughts are going through your head now, thirty minutes prior to being alone in the ring with Kane, the Hardcore Title on the line? What thoughts were going through your head as I talked to Tazz? Do you think I have issues of some sort with Tazz himself? Allow me to tell you Stevie, his very existence means less to me than you will ever know. Did you ascertain that I said what I said to you to once more try to help YOU, to rouse you violently, kicking and screaming, from this self imposed exile into normality? Why did you agree to a match with Kane, a full week after you COULD HAVE PINNED HIM? You chose to allow him to pin me, but you just as easily could have gained a victory for yourself and been a WWF Champion, albeit a worthless one. Have the words and truths I posed to you crept into your heart and head and taken hold, slowly branching out to, I can only dare dream, take complete control of you? Why have you forsaken ME Stevie? What about me? What about Raven?

With those famous words the fans cheer and the spotlight goes dark, leaving the men in and around ringside to stand alone.

Cole: He gets weirder by the week Paul.

Heyman: Maybe, but he IS getting into Steven Richard's head. Look at his face. Look at his eyes. Raven is a MASTER manipulator, and when he sets his sights on you it's never good for your soul or mind.

Cole: As Tazz and his cohorts wander off, I have to wonder if he got to them as well, Paul, especially The One. In any event we'll be right back folks.

OR: 94

(Raven gained in over rising from 73 to 77)

WWF Hardcore Title Match: Kane© vs. Steven Richards

The scene returns to show Kane beating on Steven Richards with a steel pipe about the upper back, then choke him down with it. Kane then hoists Richards up over his head and tosses him over the top rope to the floor below.

Cole: Folks we are back, and while we were gone Steven Richards had what can BEST be described as some sort of fit.

A split screen occurs, half showing Kane's continued assault on Richards, while the other half shows Richards yelling at The RTC members, pushing them as he does so to leave. They finally do, and he grabs a mic.

Richards: Get out of here, all of you. Go and don't come back tonight. Wait for me outside, but don't you DARE interfere in my match. My match, my match, my match sceduled for LATER tonight? NO! My match will happen now. Kane, 24/7 and all of that CRAP, bring it all down to the ring NOW and let's do this. Don't make me come and get you. Don't make me SEARCH for you, you big, ugly, hideous...

Richards is interrupted by the explosion signalling Kane's arrival. With that the screen goes back to full, as Cole and Heyman try to understand what happened to Richards. Heyman's response is simply Raven. Kane now grips Richards by the throat, Chokeslamming him hard to the mat outside the ring, then covers him for the easy 1-2-3. With that, Rolling plays and The Undertaker comes from the back, stalking with a vengeance, until he comes to his brother and Richards, who is still on the ground unmoving. Taker then grips Richards by the hair and tosses him BACK into the ring. He follows as Cole and Heyman wonder what he's doing, and remind the fans that The Undertaker hasn't been seen in almost two weeks due to a concussion he suffered at the hands of Raven and a shovel. Taker then pulls Richards up, and hits The Last ride, not once but three consecutive times. The fans are cheering, as Kane then hits his pyro and The Undertaker's music hits. A close-up on Taker's face reveals him to be asking where Raven is to help his buddy now.

WINNER: KANE

WORKRATE: 74

CROWD: 71

OR: 72

(The WWF Hardcore Title gains in over rising from 59 to 63)

(Kane loses in over dropping from 81 to 80)

commercials

Linda McMahon IS A Bitch Actually

We return from commercials and the camera sets on Cole and Heyman, but before they can utter a word the old WrestleMania music starts up. The fans cheer, then cheer louder as Linda McMahon comes strolling from the back. She waves to the fans as she walks to and into the ring where she is handed a mic.

Cole: Mrs. McMahon is here. The first time we have seen here since WMX7 when she cost Mr. McMahon his match with Shane.

Heyman: You mean HELPED cost him the match, Cole. Mick Foley and Trish Stratus ALSO had a hand in helping Mr. McMahon lose that huge brawl.

Linda now has the mic.

Linda: Thank you one and all. I am here to settle a few things that have been lingering since WrestleMania. However to do this, I need a few people inside the ring with me. First of all, please welcome Trish Stratus back to the WWF.

The fans cheer as Trish's music blares and she comes walking from the back, dressed a little more demure than normal, in a pair of leather pants and blue short sleeved shirt. She walks to the ring, looking rather uncomfortable as she does so, then gets inside where she stands looking at Linda.

Heyman: What? Mr. McMahon fired her. What is going on here?

Linda: Next I need Commissioner Regal out here if he will.

The fans boo, as Commissioner Regal steps out onto the stage looking unsure of what to do.

Linda: Come on William, we have a show to do here as my husband likes to say.

Regal walks towards the ring, but he stops as No Chance begins and Mr. McMahon struts onto the stage, a mic in hand.

Linda: Oh please kill that annoying music right now. Right NOW.

The fans erupt in cheers as Vince looks stunned. The music does indeed stop.

Vince: What in the hell are YOU doing here?

Linda smiles, then motions for Regal to come into the ring. He looks at Vince for reassurance, and Vince waves him on and even heads down himself.

Linda: Thank you, William. And Vince, honey, I'm a bitch, remember?

Vince looks embarrassed as the fans cheer, then he gets into the ring.

Vince: Alright now let's...

Linda: To steal the words from a good friend of mine, would you please, for ONCE, just shut the hell up.

The fans explode as Vince looks livid, but does as he is told.

Linda: I have the floor, Vince, and I plan to use it. Trish, did you have an affair, a sexual affair, with my husband? Yes or no, please.

Trish looks stunned, then shakes her head.

Trish: Yes ma'am.

The fans boo.

Linda: Thank you honey. I know that was hard. Did you end it?

Trish: Yes ma'am.

Linda smiles.

Linda: Why?

Trish looks even more uncomfortable.

Trish: I was...well...I mean...it wasn't worth it. It wasn't worth my job to be forced to sleep with him. I am sorry that sounds bad and...

Linda smiles again as the fans watch, bewildered.

Linda: It's okay, it can be hard to see THAT, naked, coming towards you, I know.

Vince sneers and his face is red as the fans laugh and cheer.

Linda: Thank you for your honesty. Now, Vince, let me ask you something. How many of the women in this company have you slept with?

Vince smiles.

Vince: That was my FIRST time I can assure you...

Linda: Oh please, Vince, remember your sordid Playboy article? Here, let me remind YOU of a few names, okay? Alundra Blayze? Sable? Sherri? How about...

Vince: Alright alright, so what? I had a few daliances, had a little fun, and made us BOTH rich in the process. So what Linda?

The fans boo now.

Linda: So what? How about the example you set for your daughter, who quite frankly is a bitch AND a slut.

The fans explode again.

Linda: Or your son? Do you want him to sleep with every woman that wants to have a job around here? What about his beautiful wife? But you know, Vince, no one is perfect, not even me.

Vince looks confused.

Vince: Meaning?

Linda: You slept with the ladies of the WWF, and I have had my fair share of the boys.

The fans explode again as Vince looks shocked.

Linda: Now, with that said, William, Commissioner Regal, I want you to listen VERY closely. I am not happy with the way you have run this show as of late. Your decisions are clearly suspect, as are your motivations. I sincerely doubt you have any real business being in the position you are in, but a contract is a contract. With that said, I have a checks and balances system set up from now on. I'd like you to meet MY personal assistant that will work WITH you from now on to make sure that things in the WWF remain fair.

Regal and Vince both look towards the ramp, neither man happy.

Linda: No, not back there, right HERE.

Linda puts her hand on Trish's shoulder. The fans cheer, while the remaining three members in the ring look utterly amazed.

Linda: She'll see you in just a few short week's time, after she is finished training, with me. Personally. Oh, and I might be around from time to time on show night until she's ready to be on her own, so be prepared for that gentlemen. Oh, and William, have fun with the nWo tonight. Now, hit MY damn music.

Linda drops her mic as her music blares and she leads Trish out of the ring after shaking hands with her. Vince and Regal simply look on, stunned.

Cole: What an announcement from Mrs. McMahon here tonight. What a shocking revelation and turn of events.

Heyman: Can she DO that? I mean, can she really DO that?

Cole: She's the boss, Paul, she can do what she wants, just like Mr. McMahon can. Up next, folks, is our WWF Tag Team Titles Match

OR: 92

end of first hour commercials

WWF Tag Team Titles Match: E&C©(with Rhyno) vs. The Dudleyz(with Spike Dudley)

You Think You Know Me blares throughout the arena, and the lights dim and the spotlight searches the crowd, before stopping on the entranceway where Edge and Christian come out, adorned with their Tag Team Titles, and Rhyno at their side. The fans boo heartily as the trio walk to the ring. Rhyno waits on the floor as the champions get inside, smiling and waving. The lights come back up, the pyro hits, and the music of The Dudley Boyz plays. The fans cheer as Bubba and D-Von, accompanied by Spike, rush from the back and towards the ring. Bubba and D-Von slide in, while Spike waits at ringside, his eyes on Rhyno. The four men immediately go to town on each other, with fists swinging and the fans cheering. Bubba sends Christian to the floor, then he and D-Von double team Edge. Rhyno attempts to get into the ring, but Spike knocks his feet out from under him, sending him hard face first to the apron. He bounces off and Spike grabs a chair and waffles him across the face, sending him down. Christian comes over and takes the chair from Spike, while inside the ring Edge suffers a 3D to the enjoyment of the crowd. D-Von scurries from the ring as Bubba goes for the cover. Christian slides in with the chair and goes to swing, but Spike is now inside and he takes it back, throwing it to the floor. The ref stops his count as Spike attempts The Dudley Dawg on Christian. Christian however throws him over the top rope to the floor, where he crashes hard. D-Von comes back in and he and Christian topple to the floor. Bubba gets the refs attention again, then goes for the cover, but Edge kicks out, having had time to recover a bit. Christian slams D-Von's head into the ring post, then hops on the apron into his corner and begs for the tag. Bubba scoops Edge up and looks to be going for a Piledriver, but Christian gets back in and clips Bubba's leg. The ref sees this and tries to get Christian from the ring as Bubba and Edge tumble to the mat. As he is arguing with Christian, Rhyno, looking dazed, gets into the ring with the chair and slams it down on Bubba's arm. Bubba screams in pain as Rhyno stomps on the shoulder and arm, then leaps from the ring. Edge makes the tag to Christian, who comes in looking cocky. He applies an Arm Bar to the hurt arm as Rhyno looks on crazily from the floor. Bubba taps out to Christian and the ref rings the bell. Christian releases the hold and rolls to the floor to join Rhyno, who is holding Edge up, and holds the titles high. Spike is still down as D-Von sees to his fallen brother in the ring. Cole is upset that The Dudley Boyz got screwed by Rhyno.

WINNERS: E&C

WORKRATE: 89

CROWD: 79

OR: 84

(Rhyno gains in over rising from 87 to 88)

Intercontinental Woes?

The scene starts with Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin nose to nose in a locker room with Stephanie watching, a look of fear spread across her face.

Austin: What in the hell did you say to me?

Stephanie: (pleading) Hunter?

Triple H: Why don't you let ME ask the questions "champ". What in the hell did I tell you last Monday Night when you came into my dressing room RIGHT BEFORE my match with Jericho?

Austin: You told me to do whatever the hell I felt like, just to stay out of your damned way.

Triple H: Exactly. Except you didn't. You got RIGHT IN MY WAY and cost me the Intercontinental Title.

Austin: So?

Triple H: So? What the hell is so...

Stephanie: Hunter don't...

Austin: Maybe you ougfht to tell your little wifey to stay the hell out of Stone Cold's business right now, Hunter. McMahon or no McMahon I'll drop her ass right here if she involves herself one more time.

Triple H: You threatening MY WIFE now Steve? You really want to play it like this?

Austin glares at Triple H, then smirks and backs up a step. The fans, who are cheering for Triple H, boo Austin completely.

Austin: Hell no I don't. What I WANTED was to come in here and make amends with you, Hunter. I WANT us to become friends, but that's not possible, so I'll settle for us being business associates. Like me and Vince. And Regal. And one more person.

Triple H: What in the hell are YOU talking about?

Austin: Look, I can't stand you any more than you can stand me, but the two of us CAN work together, just like we did on Monday when we beat the hell out of Y2J. It's JUST BUSINESS, Triple H. It's Just Business between myself and Regal and McMahon too. It's JUST BUSINESS. Ass whooping, money making, title holding business is all.

Triple H: You cost me the IC Title on Monday.

Austin: And I ask again. so? It's the Intercontinental Title Triple H, not this.

Austin pats the Smoking Skull World Title firmly around his waist.

Triple H: You know, between you and Raven mocking the belts around here it'll be a wonder if anybody gives a damn about them in six months time.

Austin: I tell you what Hunter, you want the IC Title, I'll hand you the IC Title my damned self. I'll make sure YOU get the belt. At Backlash. You have my word.

Triple H: Your word is worth about as much as WCW's titles are now.

Austin: All you have to do is shake my hand and admit that, in the end, it's Just Business.

Austin extends his hand and flashes a fake smile. Triple H looks down at his outstretched hand, then smiles back.

Triple H: Get the hell out of my locker room unless you want to pull back a bloody stump.

Stephanie backs up, obviously expecting the worst, as Austin pulls his exposed hand back.

Austin: Why don't I just let you think about it for awhile.

Austin backs out of the room, never taking his eyes off of Triple H as he leaves.

Stephanie: You should think about it Hunter...

Triple H: There's NOTHING to think about Steph, and I don't want to hear another word about it.

Triple H walks off camera as the fans cheer.

OR: 81

(Stone Cold Steve Austin loses in over dropping from 98 to 96)

commercials

The nWo vs. ?

The nWo porno music hits as The Outsiders walk from the back, without Hogan or Bischoff, and enter the ring. Half the fans in attendance are cheering, while the other half are booing, but Hall and Nash seem to take aboslutely no notice nor do they care. Hall TAKES a mic from the ring announcer and then he and Nash get into the ring.

Hall: It's survey time...

Except apparently it isn't, as Regal's music hits and he comes from the back and stands on the ramp, a mic of his own in hand. Hall and Nash don't look particularly pleased at all.

Regal: I think not sunshine. I promised that the two of you would be in action here tonight, and THAT's what time it is.

Nash takes the mic from Hall.

Nash: You see this Regal?

Nash is pointing at Hall's nWo T-Shirt.

Nash: This says a couple of things to everyone who sees it, but mostly it says that we aren't jumping through ANY of your hoops. You think we're going to wrestle tonight just because YOU said so? Our first night here we beat the hell out of Vince McMahon. Our next night here we took out Shane McMahon and WCW. On Monday we decided who the Lightweight Champion was going to be. You don't tell US what to do, we tell you what we're GOING to do.

The fans are now cheering Nash on. Hall takes the mic back.

Hall: And that, chico, is the way it goes. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a survey to...

Regal: What I wanted was the nWo, all three of you, against a hand picked trio. However, as I can see that Hollywood is not around, I guess what I can do instead is...

Regal is cut off as Eric Bischoff and Hollywood Hogan are now behind him on the ramp. Hogan nails him across the top of the head with his weight belt, as Bischoff has a mic.

Bischoff: The four of us don't need to worry about much of anything Willy. Well, except for making you the NEXT and LATEST victim of the nWo.

Hollywood whips Regal all the way down the ramp, then rolls him under the bottom rope where Hall punces on him with boots. Nash then picks him up, all amid mostly cheers from the crowd, and Jackknifes him hard onto the mat. Hollywood then comes off the ropes with a Big Leg Drop, as Bischoff pulls out the can of spray paint. Hall rips Regal's jacket and shirt off, then spraypaints "nWo 4Life" on his back as X-Factor rush to the ring. The four members back off and leave the ring as their music hits once more. X-Pac and his group stand in the ring, less concerned with Regal than with begging the nWo to enter the ring.

Cole: Well that didn't go well. But X-Factor stood up again to the nWo. I'm not sure of their chances, but here they are. Will they be the ones to take on the nWo, whenever that match actually happens?

Heyman: I couldn't even begin to guess who it will be, Cole, but in my opinion X-Factor might be a terrible mistake, if it is them. Whether he protests or not, X-Pac was a member of the nWo, and they've ALWAYS said it was FOR LIFE.

OR: 71

(Eric Bischoff lost in over dropping from 91 to 89)

commercials

Non Title Match: Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero

Benoit is the first to come from the back, and he gets a great reaction from the crowd, although not all of it positive. Cole reminds fans of his words to Jericho last week, then shows the clip. Heyman says that Benoit was all talk, as he did nothing but help his team lose. Eddie's music hits next, and he saunters out, doing his little jiggle and dance as he walks, the European Title proudly around his waist, the fans booing him vehemently. Cole says that this is, for some unknown reason, a Non Title Match here tonight. Heyman says that Benoit's string of losses as of late ensures that he not get a shot at Eddie's prestigious title here tonight. As the match begins the fans die off a bit, making less noise than before. The match is a near thirteen minutes long, a shock by current standards, and these two put on one of the best technically displayed matches in the WWF in quite a while. Benoit and Eddie start off with a short exchange of chops and punches, before Eddie Hip Tosses Benoit into the corner and follows in with an elbow. Eddie has control for the next few minutes, showing his ultimate plan as he works on the back of Benoit. He attempts a Superplex, but Benoit shoves him off, and shakes his groggy head before he dives off. Eddie rolls aside and Benoit misses his Diving Headbutt. Both men are down, but it is, oddly enough, Benoit that gets up first. He soon gains control, nailing his three German's on Eddie, then going for the Crippler Crossface, much to the delight of the fans. Eddie makes it to the ropes, breaking the hold. The two lock back up, and Eddie delivers a knee to the gut. He downs Benoit with his own move, although it's not locked in all that well. Soon he releases it and heads up top. Eddie hits The Frog Splash on Benoit, who kicks out at the last possible second. Rather than go back to work on him, Eddie instead argues with the ref, which allows Benoit to recover. Once again Benoit nails a trifecta of German Suplexes, then climbs up top and delivers a picture perfect Flying Headbutt onto Eddie to get the 1-2-3 win. Benoit slowly gets to his feet as the rest of The Radicalz hit the ring and attack him. Eddie gets up next and directs the beating on Benoit. The fans boo loudly as the trio leave the ring, while Cole and Heyman argue about whether or not this was necessary or justified.

WINNER: CHRIS BENOIT

WORKRATE: 100

CROWD: 78

OR: 89

(Eddie Guerrero gained in over rising from 76 to 81)

commercials

Main Event Intercontinental Title Match: Chris Jericho© vs. Kurt Angle

Angle's music hits to signify the Main Event, and the fans now erupt into boos as the man himself comes from the back. He waits for his pyro and then walks to the ring, looking quite confidant. Jericho's timer hits, followed by his pyro and music, and then he walks to the ring, slapping a few hands distractedly, looking more intense than normal. Once in the ring the ref holds the IC Title high in the air as Cole and Heyman remind everyone that Jericho defeated Angle to become the Number One Contender to the WWF World Title just a week and a half ago, followed by Angle pinning Jericho last week here. The two then go at it, starting the match with a combination of moves and reversals that have the crowd going nuts. Soon enough though Angle has the advantage, and he isn't about to let up. He eventually locks in The Angle Lock, but Jericho is able to make it to the ropes. Angle sets Jericho up for The Olympic Angle Slam, but Jericho slides out of it, landing on his left ankle wrong and collapsing to the mat. Angle takes immediate advantage, pulling Jericho into the center of the ring and applying The Angle Lock again. Jericho screams in pain, trying to get to the ropes, but unable to do it. He looks ready to tap when he instead rolls under and trips Angle up, sending him hard to the mat on his back knocking the wind from him. Using his one good leg Jericho is able to lock in The Walls Of Jericho, as the fans erupt in boos. The boos are for Austin, who has once more made his way to the ring and ends a second Intercontinental Title Match by smacking Jericho in the head with the World Title. The ref calls for the bell as Austin beats the holy hell out of Jericho. Angle gets up, looking upset, and gets into Austin's face. Instead the two smile and together they beat on Jericho. Angle hits an Olympic Angle Slam, Austin hits a Stone Cold Stunner, then Angle AGAIN locks in The Angle Lock while Austin lays on his belly taunting Jericho.

It's Time To Play The Game....

The music hits as Triple H, carrying a sledgehammer and followed by Stephanie, runs to the ring, the fans exploding in cheers. Austin rolls to the floor and Angle releases the hold and hops over the top rope to the floor as well. Triple H slides inside as the fans are cheering him on. Jericho rolls around on the mat in pain as Triple H stalks inside the ring yelling. He soon helps Jericho up as Austin and Angle are backing towards the ramp, then he nails Jericho with the sledgehammer right in the gut, followed by a hideous Pedigree. The fans turn on him, booing the loudest of the night yet, as Austin and Angle stand in shock. Stephanie slides into the ring with The IC Title and hands it to Triple H, who holds it over his head as he extends his hand in Austin's direction. Austin smiles, hops into the ring followed by Angle, and shakes Triple H's hand as the fans boo with a destroyed Y2J on the mat below them.

Cole: This is despicable. The four of them along with Mr. McMahon and Commissioner Regal are all together. This is by far the strongest alliance in the history of the WWF.

Heyman: It's Just Business, Cole, Just Business.

With those words and the foursome in the ring standing over Jericho, the show ends.

WINNER: CHRIS JERICHO BY DQ DUE TO INTERFERENCE

WORKRATE: 100

CROWD: 88

OR: 94

(The Intercontinental Title lost in over dropping from 84 to 82)

OR: 73

TV RATING: 5.54

ATTENDANCE: 7004

Best Segment: Main Event Intercontinental Match

Worst Segment: Tie between Lightweight Title Match and RTC vs. Tazz, Steve Blackman, and The One Billy Gunn

Edited by thegodcomplex

Guest y2gudge

Nice Smackdown TGC. Although we could all see Triple H joining Just Business it was written out well and very much like the turn on The Rock at this time of the year then, Raven is his usual self, also nice to see Credible win the strap and X-Factor stepping up againt the nWo I like.

*y2gudge*

this is a really great diary TGC, seriously.

You have me completely captivated with the whole nWo vs WCW vs WWF storyline. I love all of this. Although I don't like the idea of X-Pac joining the nWo, whatever helps the storyline I guess.

The Raven stuff is bloody brilliant. You captured his promos like no other person I've read. I smell a ECW type thing coming along, but not a full fledged stable, just like a group of 'outsiders'. Yeah.

For the record, that picture of Jericho in your sig is terrifying. :lol:

For the record, that picture of Jericho in your sig is terrifying. 

Is that Jericho? I thought it was Lenny Lane.

Seriously TGC, I know its been said before, but this is an awesome diary. You characterise perfectly. I'm really looking forward to where you take the Raven angle. *crosses fingers and hopes Raven/Stevie get back together* You've also made X-Factor not seem like complete jobbers which is always good. Keep it up.