Football League Thread 14/15

METALMAN

• Admin
Rolando Maran is the bookies' favourite to become the new Leeds united manager following the sacking of Dave Hockaday on Thursday. Hockaday only joined the club in June but becomes their third managerial casualty since February 2012. As for Maran, 51, he has managed a host of clubs in Italy and most recently had two spells in charge of Catania. He was sacked in 2013, re-joined in January of this year and dismissed again in April.

• Admin

_77275475_cellino2.jpg

On Thursday evening, Leeds sacked head coach David Hockaday after just six matches in charge. However, it looks like this was too late for the programme printers to knock up a second draft as the 56-year-old's match-day notes are still included plenty of now awkward references to "we" and "us".
President Massimo Cellino has also printed out his own letter to fans explaining his decision, stating: "I may make mistakes but if I do I will be big enough to own up to them like I have with David." Comforting words for Hockaday's successor.