It depends. The story is a lot more compelling this year and there is a sense that you actually have to grind out your own player this year rather than take a template and go from there. I actually find this years easier in that way, although it comes at the price that the first few games will be a pain. That said, the rival system is out (Jackson Ellis IS in the game but he's actually now the scout for Nike and Jordan as opposed to a player. And you get a small thing with Dante Exum that hasn't gone anywhere for me yet) and the Mentor thing keeps going to a point you'll want them to just shut up. But it is really immersive, you get half time coaches talks, film sessions (Well they're actually tutorials but that's what they're supposed to be) and your player actually does on court interviews at times too, which is cool.

That said if I wasn't going to play the other modes and was only interested in my career.....I might wait for the discount but if you're a full NBA fan and want to be in all the modes then I'd get it.

Picked this up Monday and I find myself more into the MyLeague than the MyGM mode just based off customization alone. I barely scratched the surface of MyPlayer before having to recreate him.. twice. Why can't games just save on good ole fashion memory cards instead of having to deal with these annoying servers?

Went ahead and got it last night (I was late for my train and there's a Gamestop in the mall right by the train station). I've only really gotten to do the myCareer mode so far, and it's pretty sweet. Kinda sucks they make you play Heat/Spurs before you can do anything, but I got through it.

Got two 10-day contracts from the Hawks, then got cut. Got another 10-Day after that from the Magic, so I'm now the backup PG there, and just got a full deal. I'm REALLY bad at defense, but I'm starting to get used to it. I can get lost in this game for a little while, I think.

They only make you play it because it's installing, yeah? You can quit out at anytime after it's installed, tis what I did.

Either way - I only got to play a couple of games last night since I'm playing as a starter now and I'm getting longer shifts. And god dammit, I'm on the Magic too. :P

If you have a smartphone, make sure you get the NBA2K15 app as well and hook it up to your account to get free daily VC. It also has a WWE Supercard styled game on it too, but eh.

Personally I'm with the Jazz at the moment and got moved to starter. (Started with the T'Wolves but sucked like a 2 dollar hooker and got cut). Apparently they realised Gordon Hayward isn't the answer and my "Rival" Dante Exum had an "accident" :shifty:

I have to laugh at some of the random badges you get - but last night I ended up getting the All Time Great one which was odd considering it was only my second game as a starter.

It kind of sucks how you can't have a proper rookie year to try and break records, etc - I didn't realize how late in the season you started. I might, MIIIIGHT be able to get the Magic into the playoffs if I keep playing the way I am.

It's also neat how the announcers had comments based off the "call name" I gave - unless it's just a coincidence that they said stuff like "Mr. Perfect is certainly living up to his name" in regards to my FG%.

I have to laugh at some of the random badges you get - but last night I ended up getting the All Time Great one which was odd considering it was only my second game as a starter.

It kind of sucks how you can't have a proper rookie year to try and break records, etc - I didn't realize how late in the season you started. I might, MIIIIGHT be able to get the Magic into the playoffs if I keep playing the way I am.

It's also neat how the announcers had comments based off the "call name" I gave - unless it's just a coincidence that they said stuff like "Mr. Perfect is certainly living up to his name" in regards to my FG%.

I used Mr. Perfect too...any wrestling fan should be using that hahaha

Had some small issues. Went back to 14 for a bit. Life is a lot easier in that game once you know how to take advantage of the MyCareer glitch

Anyone know when the servers will shut down for good for 2k15? The last NBA game I bought was 2k13, but after a year of being squeezed for every last VC and then having the game get totally gutted after a little over a year, I said I wouldn't buy another one. I'd like to give 2k15 a shot, but I'd rather not spend £45 on a game I can only play for a year.