EWR 1998 Scenario [Work in Progress]

Love this mod. Just have a question...more of a request I guess. Do you happen to have any WWF or ECW skins? Nothing wrong with the WCW images, just wondering in case I wanted to do a WWF or ECW game.

Thanks.

I wish I did! I'm not a graphics guy at all. I'm barely proficient with MS Paint. Doc Pepper, who I don't think posts or even lurks here anymore, made those WCW graphics WAY back in the day when I was working on this years ago. I've thought about asking iDOL or somebody who's good with graphics about making some skins for the scenario, or if anybody wants to try, please do.

Do you have any feedback on the scenario itself? I'm going to be releasing a slightly different version of it tonight.

EDIT:

Here's the link to the most updated version I have, including some stats changes: https://www.sendspace.com/file/kxoy2s

I might be able to help out in reguards to skins. EWR skins are kinda simple. Show me this WCW skin that's been made and I'll see if I can match it. Edited by Kirkland
  • Like 1

Love this mod. Just have a question...more of a request I guess. Do you happen to have any WWF or ECW skins? Nothing wrong with the WCW images, just wondering in case I wanted to do a WWF or ECW game.

Thanks.

I wish I did! I'm not a graphics guy at all. I'm barely proficient with MS Paint. Doc Pepper, who I don't think posts or even lurks here anymore, made those WCW graphics WAY back in the day when I was working on this years ago. I've thought about asking iDOL or somebody who's good with graphics about making some skins for the scenario, or if anybody wants to try, please do.

Do you have any feedback on the scenario itself? I'm going to be releasing a slightly different version of it tonight.

EDIT:

Here's the link to the most updated version I have, including some stats changes: https://www.sendspace.com/file/kxoy2s

I might be able to help out in reguards to skins. EWR skins are kinda simple. Show me this WCW skin that's been made and I'll see if I can match it.

Thanks, man. Here's a link to the skin (in a zipped folder):

https://www.sendspace.com/file/fw5r7q

There aren't any loading screens, I don't think.

Here are some screen shots:

http://imgur.com/a/4EpNm

sBDAzXU.jpg

moIQ1aO.jpg

I'd love to have a loading screen set for WCW, as well as WWF and ECW, if you're up to it...

• Like 1

Was that the color scheme that they were using in 98? I thought they had already moved onto red,yellow,black and chrome.

wcw_monday_nitro_logo_by_dxinite-d3iy61v

2564%20-%20logo%20monday_nitro%20wcw.png

If these are more accurate to the time I'll just do a new WCW too.

• Like 1

Was that the color scheme that they were using in 98? I thought they had already moved onto red,yellow,black and chrome.

That would be great. If I had any skill at all, I would do this myself.

I think you are right about the color scheme as well.

• Like 1

That would be great. If I had any skill at all, I would do this myself.

I think you are right about the color scheme as well.

The Wayback Machine agrees. Jan 99 was as close as I could get without broken images but at that time the site is all covered in Chrome with the red logo.

I'm going to work on something like Rocky's NXT skin for WWF,WCW and ECW

It's hard to think of specific type screens for individuals xD

New NXT Style.. generic across the board. I've only done 2 tests so far... I just need something more for the top right quarter.

Any help would be appreciated. I mainly done this for my NXT game, but there's no harm in sharing :P

15waow2.jpg

27yoint.jpg

If you have any preferences for the stars to use on the screens then post em up. It'd actually be a help.

I imagine 9 or 10 screens per company?

I'll throw some names out, and hopefully it'll help:

WCW: Sting, the nWo (Hogan, Nash, Hall, and maybe Syxx or Eric Bischoff preferably), Ric Flair, Macho Man Randy Savage, The Giant, Lex Luger, The Steiner Brothers, DDP, the luchadores or at least Rey Mysterio Jr. or Eddie Guerrero, and Raven and the Flock (though I feel weird about not including Bret Hart)

WWF: Undertaker, Shawn Michaels/D-X, Steve Austin, New Age Outlaws, Legion of Doom, Nation of Domination/Rocky Maivia, Owen Hart, Faces of Foley (Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack), Sunny or Sable, and Kane, maybe with Paul Bearer

ECW: Shane Douglas/The Triple Threat with Francine, Taz, The Dudleys (with Joel Gertner), RVD and Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, The Pitbulls, Bam Bam Bigelow, Al Snow with Head, and New Jack

• Like 1

Not final but this is what I had in mind for WCW ones.

CwuOL7d.jpg

7WYtmP3.jpg

I'll probably muck around with the setup before I duplicate it for others.

Edited by Kirkland
  • Like 2

WCW: Sting, the nWo (Hogan, Nash, Hall, and maybe Syxx or Eric Bischoff preferably), Ric Flair, Macho Man Randy Savage, The Giant, Lex Luger, The Steiner Brothers, DDP, the luchadores or at least Rey Mysterio Jr. or Eddie Guerrero, and Raven and the Flock (though I feel weird about not including Bret Hart)

WWF: Undertaker, Shawn Michaels/D-X, Steve Austin, New Age Outlaws, Legion of Doom, Nation of Domination/Rocky Maivia, Owen Hart, Faces of Foley (Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack), Sunny or Sable, and Kane, maybe with Paul Bearer

ECW: Shane Douglas/The Triple Threat with Francine, Taz, The Dudleys (with Joel Gertner), RVD and Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, The Pitbulls, Bam Bam Bigelow, Al Snow with Head, and New Jack

WCW question. At this point in time the only guys I should be doing screens for that have held the title are Flair and Hogan, right? Crow Sting, Goldberg, Nash and Savage hadn't had it yet, right?

NdugUuq.jpg

The main background. I based it off the metal Nitro sign.

• Like 1

I just found a couple different steel textures online. The WCW logo is just one I found through Google images

754px-WCW_Logo.svg.png

• Like 1

WCW question. At this point in time the only guys I should be doing screens for that have held the title are Flair and Hogan, right? Crow Sting, Goldberg, Nash and Savage hadn't had it yet, right?

Sting was actually the champion (won it at Starrcade '97 on December 28th). Randy Savage won the title at World War 3 in 1995 as well. Goldberg and Nash hadn't held the WCW World Title yet (though Nash was WWF Champion). Goldberg was still a rookie midcarder at this point (he debuted in September or October of '97).

• Like 1

OK,thanks. Btww in case you haven't noticed, I'm now posting the screens in the skin thread.

• Like 1

Thanks, Kirkland.

And I don't want anyone to forget about the game itself either. The stats, data, etc. can still be looked at/analyzed as needed. I'd appreciate as much feedback and as many additions as possible!

Hey, just noticed something strange. I was planning my PPV's for WCW, and online it says that Souled Out happened on a Saturday Jan 24. To confirm this, I go to my WCW game to see when it is scheduled and it says the 18th. Is this the correct date or was this generated by the game, seeing as you cannot change the PPV day in the file editor, just the month.

I believe a person could change it in the new game, and save those files as your files in the file editor to make it work.

Edited by Quoth the Raven

Hey, I am having trouble downloading the file - it takes me to the filedropper home page. Is there any way to get this back up?

I've since uploaded a newer update of the scenario: https://www.sendspace.com/file/qx9vnj

Thanks, Kirkland.

And I don't want anyone to forget about the game itself either. The stats, data, etc. can still be looked at/analyzed as needed. I'd appreciate as much feedback and as many additions as possible!

Hey, just noticed something strange. I was planning my PPV's for WCW, and online it says that Souled Out happened on a Saturday Jan 24. To confirm this, I go to my WCW game to see when it is scheduled and it says the 18th. Is this the correct date or was this generated by the game, seeing as you cannot change the PPV day in the file editor, just the month.

I believe a person could change it in the new game, and save those files as your files in the file editor to make it work.

Like Rocky said, the dates assigned to PPVs are game generated and can be changed on or before the first day of the month of the PPV/event. I'm not sure if doing a game save and moving it into the file editor would work, especially if someone wanted to play as another company.

• Like 1