Marilyn Manson is a wanker.

Guest Angry Baboon

You need to look no further than Faygo for proof of that. "Let's make a shitty drink and get our fans to buy it!"

Or let's look even further into Faygo, and understand that ICP are not the founding fathers of Faygo. Faygo has existed since 1907, well before ICP were around. Faygo has been a staple of the Detroit metro area for years, and is quite popular here. People don't drink Faygo because ICP tells them to, alot will buy it because it's a cheap alternative to Coke/Pepsi. You think the large amount of senior citizens in Detroit buy Faygo because it's cheaper, or because ICP told them to buy it? ICP advocate Faygo, because Faygo is a big part of Detroit, and ICP is trying to represent Detroit. As far as I know, Faygo doesn't even branch out of Michigan, except for a few bordering Midwestern states.

Edited by VerbalPuke

You need to look no further than Faygo for proof of that. "Let's make a shitty drink and get our fans to buy it!"

Or let's look even further into Faygo, and realize that ICP did not "make a shitty drink". Faygo has been a staple of the Detroit metro area for years, and is quite popular here. People don't drink Faygo because ICP tells them to, alot will buy it because it's a cheap alternative to Coke/Pepsi. You think the large amount of senior citizens in Detroit buy Faygo because it's cheaper, or because ICP told them to buy it? ICP advocate Faygo, because Faygo is a big part of Detroit, and ICP is trying to represent their home.

Ah... some Juggalo told me it was ICP's own soda and they made it.

Seems he misinformed me.

Guest 12characters

I admire Marilyn Manson.  He has constructed a musical gimmick and style which reaches out to the most suspectible group of people alive.  That group being angsty teens.  He has made millions off of them through a little gimmick that they take seriously.

I'd love to meet him.

As opposed to every other artist who exploits a particular group of people? EVERY fucking artist exploits at least one, if not more, group of people. Last time I checked, Fitty Cent wasn't looking to get the White Suburban Families into his demographic. He's exploiting the troubled black youth of America, and to a lesser extent, the dumbass white youth of America...and when I say America, I mean World, because American shit seems to be everywhere (especially when it isn't wanted).

Yeah, but Fitty still is semi-serious about his music. Manson treats it all as a joke and a gimmick and is just having fun with it and watching the cash roll in.

ICP was acutally sued over advocating Faygo with the current owner claiming that they were tarnishing his product and bringing a bad name to it. The case was however thrown out due to the fact that sales charts actually indicated a rise in sales since ICP starting rep'ing it.

And Faygo is around in Virginia.

Guest bukkake bandit

Or let's look even further into Faygo, and realize that ICP did not "make a shitty drink". Faygo has been a staple of the Detroit metro area for years, and is quite popular here. People don't drink Faygo because ICP tells them to, alot will buy it because it's a cheap alternative to Coke/Pepsi. You think the large amount of senior citizens in Detroit buy Faygo because it's cheaper, or because ICP told them to buy it? ICP advocate Faygo, because Faygo is a big part of Detroit, and ICP is trying to represent their home.

Ah... some Juggalo told me it was ICP's own soda and they made it.

Seems he misinformed me.

What's up with all of the Juggalo bashing?  Not all Juggalo's are complete morons.  Granted I know a ton who are, but at I know just as many who aren't.  I myself am a Juggalo and I wouldn't think twice about denying it.  I'm far from moronic as I actually have the ability to think above a third grade level which is outstanding compared to the way that everyone is talking about Juggalo's.

I may not seem the type, I get that all the time (I mean a preppy guy listening to ICP, Twizted, etc.) and it irriates me to hear people talking all day about "Juggalo's are just a bunch of wanna-be gothics who think being stupid is cool" etc., etc. and ever since I've been on EWB I've noticed that a lost of people bash us while majority seem to do it just to fit in on the board.

Decentcy should kick in some time or another for everyone who just bashes all day long.  If you don't have any just go talk to JHS as she seems to be one of the very few people with common courdiosy (sp?) on the board and maybe she can teach you a thing or two.

Not worth arguing. Another case of a few (okay, alot) bad apples spoiling the bunch. Not all juggalos are like JuggaloNinjaLee... others on ewb include myself & Javert. But I couldn't care less what people thought of my music taste, as I don't let what I like be defined by it's genre, like some other people here.

Anyway, I can't believe this topic has turned into this. Ugh, so very ugh.

Edited by Underage Politician

Guest bukkake bandit

What's up with all of the Juggalo bashing?  Not all Juggalo's are complete morons.  Granted I know a ton who are, but at I know just as many who aren't.  I myself am a Juggalo and I wouldn't think twice about denying it.  I'm far from moronic as I actually have the ability to think above a third grade level which is outstanding compared to the way that everyone is talking about Juggalo's.

I may not seem the type, I get that all the time (I mean a preppy guy listening to ICP, Twizted, etc.) and it irriates me to hear people talking all day about "Juggalo's are just a bunch of wanna-be gothics who think being stupid is cool" etc., etc. and ever since I've been on EWB I've noticed that a lost of people bash us while majority seem to do it just to fit in on the board.

Decentcy should kick in some time or another for everyone who just bashes all day long.  If you don't have any just go talk to JHS as she seems to be one of the very few people with common courdiosy (sp?) on the board and maybe she can teach you a thing or two.