The Simpsons

Lord Nibbler

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently the reddit app is easy to read, I don't know as I don't have it.

Edit: Wait, Last Exit To Springfield is considered the best episode, really? I mean its a very good one, but I've never heard anyone say it's their favourite.

It's a strange one. I'm a diehard Simpsons fan who has probably seen that episode two-dozen times, yet I only remember the Dental Plan and stupid monkey parts. And when I try to play the episode through in my mind, it becomes Homer Goes To College. :shifty:

Apparently the reddit app is easy to read, I don't know as I don't have it.

Edit: Wait, Last Exit To Springfield is considered the best episode, really? I mean its a very good one, but I've never heard anyone say it's their favourite.

It's a strange one. I'm a diehard Simpsons fan who has probably seen that episode two-dozen times, yet I only remember the Dental Plan and stupid monkey parts. And when I try to play the episode through in my mind, it becomes Homer Goes To College. :shifty:

I remember the episode for the monkey thing, dental plan, "they have the plant but we have the power" song and "I'm starting to think Homer Simpsons isn't the great tactician I thought he was". Which are all really memorable parts but the plot itself I can't really remember... Burns scrapped the dental plan for some reason, then cut off the power when the workers went on strike to get it back, somehow Homer is in charge of the strikers?

I think that episode's rep as Best Ever began when Entertainment Weekly ranked their favorite 10 or so eps of all time, sometime in the late 90s/early 00s. It was already an episode that got brought up in conversations about all-time greats, especially amongst media people and generally those who basically ignore everything after some point in Seasons 5-8. After someone made it "official", that opinion got parroted a lot, just as we sort of did the same here with You Only Move Twice. That said, Last Exit to Springfield really is a great episode. I suspect you may enjoy it more if you were a fan who was watching the original airings at that particular time.

Yeah, Lisa the Iconoclast is one I've heard people cite as their favourite, along with episodes like You Only Move Twice, Homer's Enemy, Lisa's Substitute and Marge vs the Monorail... I've never really heard anyone bring LETS as their favourite. :/