Complete Your Collection

Benji

Started off with the handhelds since I still have my 365 films to do, and I can do both at the same time.

sapphirebox.jpg

POKÉMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE

Released Nov 28, 2014

Bought on release day

Play Through Status: Nearly complete

Technically I've already beaten this game five times, but that was the original Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald versions, so I kind of have an excuse for not finishing this, but I really want to because it's got bonus content. I was already six gym leaders deep last night, but (spoilers ahoy)...

I managed to beat the last two gym leaders and quell Kyogre last night, meaning all I have left for main game completion is Victory Road and the Elite Four. After that there's plenty of post-game, but that can be done any time.

I really enjoyed getting the Eon Flute yesterday, that seems like something that has taken FAR too long to do, and I can only hope that future Pokémon installments do away with HMs altogether in favour of similar mechanics, because HMs are the worst. Went for a mix of familiar and unfamiliar Poké's on the current team - Swampert, Gardevoir, Pinsir and Banette so far, and I think I'll just add Metagross and Salamence, and maybe replace Banette with Sableye since Banette has been naff.

I should complete it this weekend, and will probably move on to handheld Fire Emblem or a Final Fantasy game next, since they're among the games I've at least started but put down for no real reason. Home console wise, I'm leaning towards Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (stopped playing because AC: Rogue came out) or Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (stopped playing because FFX/X-2 HD remake came out) as I am near the end point of both and it'll knock some quick ones out of the park for momentum.

I owe it to myself to finish The Last of Us on PS4. Finished it on PS3, and started the game 3 or 4 times on PS4 mainly to show it to a few different people who were interested in picking it up.

I began playing The Crew again early last week. Barely made any progress on that one beforehand, so I'll be looking to knuckle down ASAP.

Apart from that, there's Dying Light which I was enjoying when I stopped playing, but I'm still torn between it being just as frustrating as it is fun, especially inside the first 5 hours.

Otherwise, I'm doing much better this generation. On PS3 I'd buy games for the sake of it and some never even made it out of the cellophane.

• Like 1

Far Cry is wonderful. I'd recommend doing some hunting as soon as the world opens up to upgrade your kit, as well as unlocking some of the basic skills. I found that some of the missions, even early on, were a bitch due to not having good enough weapons, ammo, kit etc.

My full list of currently owned games:

Aaru's Awakening - Not started it

Apotheon - Played once when I downloaded it, haven't tried it again since

CounterSpy - One trophy left to complete it

Dust: An Elysian Tale - Made a little progress, but haven't played in ages

Escape Plan - About half way through

Far Cry 4 - As I said, barely started it yet

Fez - The first PS+ game I downloaded, got bored of it quickly, may just start it over and give it a fresh look

Game of Thrones - Played through the 3 released chapters, waiting on the next

GTA V - I only really play it to fuck about with a bunch of you guys online, once my exams are done I may push a bit harder for the trophies

Guacamelee - Really liked what I've played of it, need to get into it a bit more

inFamous: First Light - Nice little add on for the story, but I don't really care to play it that often

Injustice: Gods Among Us - I don't like it, to be honest, and it'll get even less than the little game time it already gets once I get Mortal Kombat X

Minecraft - It's fun, I like it as a distraction every now and then

Never Alone - Not started it

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - Not started it

OlliOlli - REALLY FRUSTRATING until I get a good run going on it

OlliOlli 2 - See above

Pix The Cat - Terrible arcade game I only got because it was free, not a fan

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare - Decent game, haven't played it much; all the progress I have on it was done by my brother when I left my PS4 at home for my January exams, so may give it another look

Rogue Legacy - I seem to spend all my time on it dying, don't really enjoy it

Secret Ponchos - Not started it

Spelunky - One of the early ones I got, never put much time in

SteamWorld Dig - Same as Spelunky

The Binding of Isaac - Another one where I die a lot and haven't really played much of

The Swapper - Not started it

Titan Attacks - Basically Space Invaders, another little fun distraction every now and then

Tower of Guns - Not started it

Transistor - Don't really like it

Valiant Hearts - Cool little game, haven't put much time in yet

Velocity 2X - I only have a few trophies left, mostly for getting Golds/Perfects on each level; still play fairly frequently

Woah Dave - Shit little game that was a secret extra freebie this month, really not worth the time, but it was free and helps boost my trophy count :P

That's a lot of stuff I haven't actually started yet :P Then there's the stuff I traded in before I got all the trophies for:

FIFA 15 - Got sick of it, but trading it in meant I got Far Cry for free, so no regrets

inFamous: Second Son - Might pick it up again when it gets to like a tenner; played through one of the Karma paths and couldn't be bothered to go through it all again to do the other one

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - I got given the DLC codes when the game launched and used them, but traded it in to get GTA before they came out, so haven't played them. Got my only Platinum on it though by finishing the main game :P

The Last of Us - It was incredible, but again, at the time I couldn't be bothered to go through it all again on the higher difficulty to get the last few trophies. May pick it up again when it's a little cheaper

Watch Dogs - Only trophies I missed were online ones because the online was glitchy as hell, the DLC, and the police scan ones, which I could never do. Not really fussed on finishing it.

My overall trophy percentage is around 28%, which is fairly poor, but I expect it to pick up over the summer.

• Like 1

I've got quite a few games i've not completed on PS4 because I lost interest or got new things. If I just uninstalled the game I won't lose the save files will I? Otherwise I'd be a bit fucked and have too many games to start from .

I normally set out a set of games that I'll play at a time. FIFA 15 and GTA V are basically staying in that set but there is also Dying Light, Bloodbourne and Far Cry. I've had Far Cry since christmas and I haven't completed it yet so I may try and get that done this weekend if I'm not doing anything. Dying Light I keep getting sidetracked and end up pissing about and getting bored.

CounterSpy completed! The last trophy was a pain, but it's now the only 100% in my collection!

Technically the second I've had seeing as I plat'd SoM before the DLC got released, so it used to say 100% :shifty:

Probably gonna try and finish off Velocity 2X next, but I still won't get 100% on it since I don't have the DLC :(

• Like 2