Complete Your Collection

Benji

That's what I do, but last time I tried it I tended to fail at around the ~60 to ~90 mark.

I do read that there is an input lag in the HD Remastered version when the game is played with an HDMI cable (as mine is), and switching to an AV cable would make it a lot easier to hit X at the right moment without error. Desperate times...

Dug into a bunch of stuff since finishing of Far Cry....

latest?cb=20140630044155

100% Progress: 5/71

Loads to do here, I'm just up to the fifth chapter of the main story and the majority of trophies seem to come from extra stuff once I've beaten the main game. This game is wonderfully ridiculous though. I decided to play this alongside the Metal Gear V games (need to 100% Ground Zeroes & actually finish Phantom Pain) because they are more challenging and stressful. 

However I have one hell of cold and couldn't face that so last night I started..

Life_Is_Strange_Logo.png

100% Progress: 7/61

Just played the first episode and it was awesome. Love the premise, the story and the characters so far. If this carries on the way it has started it is easily going to surpass all the telltale games as my favourite episodic interactive story. Platinum wise it won't be hard anyway, all the non-story trophies are easy enough to get along the way, but also just as easy to grab once I've finished by the look of it.

And just because a few others have mentioned it... 

logo_main.png

100% Progress: 18/55

I'm not actively trying to finish this off or anything but I probably have a session on average once a week, tending to make sure I walk away with at least one trophy each time. I've gotten the majority of the Universe mode ones and a bunch of misc ones too, and I am slowly working my way through MyCareer and Showcase modes.

• Like 1

I have no idea what that game is, but it has a cool picture. 

latest?cb=20140630044155

100% Progress: 17/71

Finished the main story. it was short and easy (what do you expect?) but it was really fun and to be honest, I feel like crap today so it was nice to play something which didn't require much effort. Only got two of the non-main story trophies so far, so plenty to do. Also I should add that 30 of the 71 are DLC trophies for DLC I don't have, although if I am still enjoying the game when I get that far I'll probably buy it since the Season Pass is quite cheap and I already have enough GAME credit to cover it. 

It was a free game on PS+ about a month or two after I first got my PS4, and it made a nice distraction from exam revision :P have now grabbed that other trophy, so I just need to perfect the 10 or so levels I have left between the main game and DLC and I can finally tick this one off.

• Like 1

latest?cb=20140630044155

100% Progress: 22/71

Slow progress today as I've been at work for most of it, just managed to snatch 5 by doing random stuff. Free played a few levels and collected a bunch of stuff.. I think is going to be one of those where the majority come all at once when I near completion. Still a ton of fun just running around doing stuff though. 

I completely forgot I was playing this game until now, @Benji. Thanks for reminding me I guess. I think I got up to 'here lies the abyss' or whatever it is and stopped playing. My bank holiday monday hangover will likely be spent playing this, I reckon.

• Like 1

http://aggrogamer.com/assets/1380926760-1380926758-wolfamonguslogo.png

The Wolf Among Us
100% Progress: 36 of 36

Spoiler

Played a bit differently than Steam save. Think I prefer that one, violent raging Bigby is way more fun.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/09/Life_Is_Strange.png/320px-Life_Is_Strange.png

Life Is Strange
100% Progress: 12 of 61

Spoiler

First episode was solid despite a slow start. Wish I'd interacted with more stuff, I apparently missed loads of optional stuff in episode one, so that will change on episode two.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/09/Life_Is_Strange.png/320px-Life_Is_Strange.png

Life Is Strange
100% Progress: 36 of 61

Spoiler

Episode 2 was really good, especially the ending...

Spoiler

I failed Kate the first time then learned it was possible to save her, and considering my own experience with suicide, I couldn't bear carrying on knowing I'd failed her. I know it's not in the spirit of the game, but fuck that. So I used my real world rewind powers to save her.

Episode 3 was okay, but a bit tedious, and...

Spoiler

I really hated that you were forced to save Chloe's dad, it was far too obvious what would happen and I resented being forced to do that.

It was also the first photo collectible I missed and had to go back and collect, even with a guide, because like fuck was I noticing that bird on the bookshelf, chasing it out (the guide explained it as if you would HAVE to chase it out, so I assumed it was story related), and then finding it on the fence would have to be borderline obsessive.

I generally really like the game, it's nice to play some original episodic gaming, because as much as I love Telltale it does feel like a crutch sometimes to them (GoT in particularly suffered for it). Everything feels like it matters, even the stupid small stuff like...

Spoiler

I watered the plant in two separate episodes and thought "I am awesome, keeping this little plant alive", but then in episode three I discovered that by doing both days I had over watered it. I hadn't even thought about it only being a day between and the concept of over watering. I felt such shame that my little plant was dying and I'd let down her mum by killing it :(

(More Life is Strange spoilers)

Spoiler

I don't even know what happenes to the plant in my game. I think I watered it but didn't check back on it. :shifty: I can only think the rest of the game would feel a little off if I'd managed to save Kate - it seemed kind of a pivotal failure that the story 'wants' you to make...

So far episode four is a massive drop in quality of both story and gameplay.

Spoiler

The board puzzle is genuinely the stupidest decision in the game design. Why the fuck would you put a puzzle like that in a game that is so strongly story based without some kind of easy/obvious out to advance the game?

Horrible, horrible mechanic.

Nearly at end of episode four. I called near the start/throughout the game (likely spoilers)...

Spoiler

Jefferson is helping Nathan do his shady thing (Victoria getting her award has all but confirmed this for me), step douche is onto them and protecting people in his weird way, and this is all about to go full Donnie Darko homage because there is time travel, bunnies, Franks, and someone should have died but didn't.

Significant edit (MAJOR spoiler for end of episode four):

Spoiler

Called that from a mile off and then some.

latest?cb=20130322154006

Trophy Progress: 6/34

Getting some work done on FFX now as requested. I've reached Guadosalam, no idea how much is actually left story-wise. Good to see Rikku back though!

Picked up mostly easy ones so far (get all party members, get your first Al Bhed Primer, watch Eternal Calm) but Blitzball is realy pissing me off. How do I make my team not suck?

• Like 1