Complete Your Collection

Benji

3 minutes ago, New Damage said:

I've still yet to finish the main story on MGSV - it took 35 hours or so to get through what was to be revealed as only the first chapter, and I don't quite feel as drawn in to it as previous MGS titles to plough on through (I don't think the open world setting really lends itself to MGS).

Similarly, I've yet to finish the main story of Just Cause 3, too. I tend to mostly play PES2016 because it's a lot easier to get in to when you get home from work, then play either MGS or JC3 for about a week or so, then go back to PES for an easy game. Though I did finish Uncharted 4 in about a week or 2.

I've had GTAV on the PS4 for a week now (most of that time I've been in France) so haven't made much of a dent to it, but I did 100% on the PS3 version.

I bought Hotline Miami 2 a couple weeks ago too on the PC, but have only done about 2 missions so far, and speaking of PC games and GTA games; about 2 years ago I bought the GTA bundle and finally did 100% on Vice City (I got to like 99.4% on the PS2), and whilst I started San Andreas, I think I have only got up to some point in San Fierro so far - I want to finish it again, but I'm probably going to stuck on to GTAV instead - I've already got 100% on the PS2 version of San Andreas, so the need isn't so great. 

I had this feeling when playing MGS V, which sucks because I love the characters and the story seems pretty cool. The rest of it doesn't interest me that much. I'll probably go back sooner or later and beat it but right now there are just too many other games out where I actually enjoy playing. Tactical Espionage doesn't work with the open world concept it seems.

Yeah, MGS is far too much of a storyline driven game to have to spend ages driving across nothingness, then a shitty guard post or 6, to get to the actual mission. And why are some side missions, like where you rescue Emmerich, COMPULSORY side missions? Why not make it a fucking main mission?! And why must I be in the helicopter to accept a mission?! Oh and (spoilers up to the end of chapter 1)...

I find it completely baffling that I'm

this far in the game, and we know that there's a virus that feasts on peoples vocal chords when they speak a certain language, and the only way to stop it a) take some thing that makes you infertile or b) not speak, and they suspect that someone on the base has the virus, but not one fucking person has made mention that Quiet has the fucking virus BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T FUCKING SPEAK AT ALL

wolf_among_us.0_cinema_640.0.jpeg

Spoiler

Bloody Mary is bloody brilliant. I love her statement about all the kids finding it funny to say her name in the mirror three times...until she actually shows up. The end of the third chapter and the beginning of the fourth chapter has soured me a bit on Snow White. I had this crazy theory that she's actually behind it all but I doubt there's going to be that big of a twist.

• 2 weeks later...

http://static.cdprojektred.com/thewitcher.com/agegate/cdp_witcher_gate_logo_en.png

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
100% Progress: 6 of 79

Started on Death March for the challenge and for the trophies, so no second play for me (probably will though cause I'm sure to miss something in a game this big)! Managed so far to earn...

Spoiler

"Lilac and Gooseberries" for finishing the first area main quest, "Butcher of Blaviken" for killing five enemies in ten seconds (happened entirely by accident in the second area when I took down a pack of wolves), "Even Odds" which was to kill 2 monsters you have a contract on without using Signs, potions, mutagens, oils or bombs (I aimed for this one on the first two contracts - The Griffin and the well Noonwraith), and also got "Fist of the North Star" for completing a fist fight without taking damage which I was aiming for (done in the first fight outside a pub).

Also earned trophies for finding books, and potion formula, both of which happened in the course of looting.

uncharted2.jpg

Progress: 83% - Chapter 23 or 24 (I can't quite remember)

I die. A lot! I tend to either jump the wrong way off of platforms, or hit circle too many times as I'm descending down a cliff which has me falling to my death quite regularly. It's probably why I don't generally play games on Expert/Hard. I'm also not much of a stealth guy as I find it more fun to run and gun. Don't get me wrong, I take cover when I need to but I'm more apt to keep my head out and fire until I run out of ammo rather than ducking back and forth to avoid getting hit. So far this game has glitched out on me twice. Once when Elena was meant to open a door for me to escape and she just disappeared and I couldn't go anywhere. Had to let the tank kill me so that I could redo it. I also got trapped in a wall somehow before falling into the "ether" dead. I figure I'll finish this on the weekend and that will make 4 out of the 29 games I have completed, and 3 out of the 5 that I said I'd beat before buying any others.

• Like 2

http://static.cdprojektred.com/thewitcher.com/agegate/cdp_witcher_gate_logo_en.png

100% Progress: 37 of 79

Nearly half way, done almost all of the main game but for a few trophies that I'll be side questing, then I'll finish the main and move on to the DLC (the trophies for one of which I already earned by accident when I got a score of over 187 in a round of Gwent). Enjoying it, sunk most of my time into it whilst I had the week off and still not done, so plenty of depth, and very little of it has felt grind-y beyond those first hours.

uncharted2.jpg

Progress: Complete

Three out of Five down since I started my "Strive For Five" video game challenge. Despite enjoying the first one, I think I enjoyed this one much more. I made the mistake of quitting the game last time in a spot that caused me not to know what to do when I came back to it, so I spent a good 15 minutes once I started today just trying to figure out where I was and where I was headed. After that it only took me about 2 hours to finish off the game. Next up is the third installment of the series, and then I don't know what I'm going to play to finish off the 5 games I need to beat before buying more. I've got Fallout 4, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, GTA 5 and a few others. I'm already half way through Watchdogs I think so maybe I'll just finish that.

• Like 2

Benji's recent post about averaging one a day for over seven god-damn years has made me realise I'm slacking a bit. Back to it!

rcps4_main.jpg

Trophy Progress: 10/47

Oh god, the nostalgia is rife with this one. Having an absolute blast so far, I missed this series so much when I switched from PS2 to Xbox 360. Give me more! I pray they make sequels to these again, R&C was one of the few series' of games I played through to completion whenever I could.

36980_Table_Top_Racing_World_Tour.jpg

Trophy Progress: 3/31

Somehow picked up three when a few of us played this the other day, but this game is fucking awful and I suspect I'll never play it again given how many other games I have to work through.

header.jpg?t=1468864470

Trophy Progress: 60/63

GOD DAMN IT STOP ADDING MORE DLC TROPHIES, YOU ARE RUINING MY COMPLETION PERCENTAGES.

Collected 5 of the 8 new DLC trophies, but I don't even know how I do two of these other ones, what the hell are certified items?

• Like 2

I need the two Certified Item ones, and the last thirty seconds on Hoops (I tried playing with no bots for it and it didn't pop <_<). My painted item is the fruit thing I had on when we played the other day :P

Also, side note, totally giving up on TLOU, I'm utterly shit at the multiplayer. I doubt I'll survive the last four weeks of the current run I'm on, let alone doing it all again for another gold.

100% Progress: 58 of 79
Platinumed

Completed the game on the surprisingly easy Death March difficulty and achieved level 35 yesterday to reach my platinum! Very fun game. Doing the DLC quests now, seems a bit dull in comparison so far, but there's some interesting achievements in the mixer.

• Like 2

rcps4_main.jpg

Trophy Progress: 34/47

I'm up to the final boss, so I'll get the first of two Golds for getting that sorted. Nearly all the ones I have left need Challenge Mode, although I've missed one collectible right at the end so I'm hoping it'll let me free mode it for a bit once I beat the boss so I don't have to go through the entire game again for the sake of one collectible :P

• Like 2

On 1-8-2016 at 12:07, Benji said:

100% Progress: 58 of 79
Platinumed

Completed the game on the surprisingly easy Death March difficulty and achieved level 35 yesterday to reach my platinum! Very fun game. Doing the DLC quests now, seems a bit dull in comparison so far, but there's some interesting achievements in the mixer.

How many hours did this take you Benji?

• Like 1