The Witcher 3

DavidMarrio

So this comes out a week today and there wasn't a thread for it.

So the first reviews have started to be released and its getting high scores across the board. I never played Witcher 1 but I played the 2nd one on Xbox and it was one of the best games I played on the last generation of consoles.

It's probably the game I've been most excited for so far this generation. (I mean anything in which your beard grows throughout the game HAS to be pretty spectacular right?!?!?!!)

Anyone else looking to get this?

I'm usually pretty fond of games with lots of stuff to do but Witcher 2 was insane. Plus I'm the type of person who hates the idea of missing things so that game just fried my brain after about 3 or 4 hours.

I'll pick it up eventually but it's pretty far down 2015's must play list.

I got about halfway through the first game and didn't play the second. I wasn't planning to get this one, but someone gave me a download code from a graphics card, so I might as well give it a whirl. I only finished Dragon Age: Inquisition a few weeks ago, so I'm worried I might be a little burned out on long games, but if the exploration and combat are better than Dragon Age's, which I sometimes found a little sterile, it might be the sort of thing that holds my attention.

I think I only stopped playing the first game because I got busy with something else in my life and then lost the save file, but I also remember being a little put off with the way Geralt would have sex with almost every female NPC he so much as complimented. I usually play these games as a pleasant, friendly character, but in that game's case, checking on a woman you've just helped translates as "I want to get in your pants", after which you'd be rewarded with a collectible card. It's not a dealbreaker, but I don't enjoy sex scenes in any form of media, so I'd rather it was easier to avoid them if possible. Maybe I'm just strange.

I got about halfway through the first game and didn't play the second. I wasn't planning to get this one, but someone gave me a download code from a graphics card, so I might as well give it a whirl. I only finished Dragon Age: Inquisition a few weeks ago, so I'm worried I might be a little burned out on long games, but if the exploration and combat are better than Dragon Age's, which I sometimes found a little sterile, it might be the sort of thing that holds my attention.

I think I only stopped playing the first game because I got busy with something else in my life and then lost the save file, but I also remember being a little put off with the way Geralt would have sex with almost every female NPC he so much as complimented. I usually play these games as a pleasant, friendly character, but in that game's case, checking on a woman you've just helped translates as "I want to get in your pants", after which you'd be rewarded with a collectible card. It's not a dealbreaker, but I don't enjoy sex scenes in any form of media, so I'd rather it was easier to avoid them if possible. Maybe I'm just strange.

You're not alone there - it was a really fucking weird system where yeah, you slept with women in exchange for trading cards of them afterwards. That is just flat out weird.

Regardless, the third game has had something flare up regarding the nudity in it as well recently hasn't it? Haven't paid attention to the full articles on it but I remember it coming up last week or so.

Bought the digital version for PS4. Early reviews make this seem like it is easily in the running for GOTY.

It sounds like a really phenomenal game, and after having loved Witcher 1 and 2, I can't wait to get to playing Witcher 3.

The only thing reviews have been talking about are bugs and some performance issues on both PC and console versions, but they've also added that CDProjekt are doing their best to patch it out as soon as the actual release happens or shortly thereafter.

Awesome interview with CDPR involved here, the studio behind Witcher 3.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-dev-explains-how-to-turn-a-nation-of-pir/1100-6426895/

Also, tons of free DLC with the game, YAY <3. And it releases in their time zone, so people who download it can play Monday night in the US, MORE YAY <3

Awesome interview with CDPR involved here, the studio behind Witcher 3.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-dev-explains-how-to-turn-a-nation-of-pir/1100-6426895/

Also, tons of free DLC with the game, YAY <3. And it releases in their time zone, so people who download it can play Monday night in the US, MORE YAY <3

...fuck. That's awesome. Besides the fact that even if I could pre-load now it still wouldn't be anywhere near ready. But shit.