Yeah, I know. :(

Man, that re-start. Jeff went outside and not one prick went with him. 4th to 21st in five seconds. :unsure:

I laughed a lot. Then swore at Denny Hamlin when he didn't leave Jimmy Johnson hanging.

Dale looked a little emotional in that interview, winning the July race, AND seeing the 3 crash, must've brought back some memories. :(

Same as Forky, never been much of a fan but was good to see the thumbs go up.

Dale looked a little emotional in that interview, winning the July race, AND seeing the 3 crash, must've brought back some memories. :(

Same as Forky, never been much of a fan but was good to see the thumbs go up.

I immediately thought that as soon as I realized it was Dillon who went flying into the fence. Just crazy crazy shit.

Couldn't stay up to watch even the beginning of the race...(3 am finish on a Sunday is crazy!) but couldn't believe the highlights this morning. Always good to see Jr in victory lane but definitely glad to see Austin Dillon was okay after that scary wreck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Excellent, great answers. <_<

Here's a pretty good piece on Jalopnik about the Earnhardt crash and the safety of drivers today vs. 2001.

On 19/02/2016 at 18:43, Cloudy said:

Excellent, great answers. <_<

Here's a pretty good piece on Jalopnik about the Earnhardt crash and the safety of drivers today vs. 2001.

I didn't realize people had brought this thread back. It didn't work out well for me last year so I figured it was a dead issue here. But yeah it's dropped to 40 cars as Nascar thinks it'll be more exciting with less cars and the new charter system will help teams be more financial viable. I'm definitely not convinced because I think you're going to find that those who don't qualify for the races on a regular basis are simply going to walk away. It's also going to make it harder for a new team to come along and make any headway.

Also @Meacon should be cheering Chase Elliott. It'll be the most exciting thing the 24 car has done in years :P 

I had no idea until I saw something on ESPN that Bill Elliott's kid raced now. Or Jeff Earnhardt, whoever the hell that is.