Tennis!

sahyder1

• 4 weeks later...

Nadal and Sharapova both knocked out of Wimbledon! Murray is looking seriously good once again though.

Uhum.. Murray out in straight sets againts Dmitrov.

Kvitova won it in just 55 minutes! Some amazing tennis.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

Cilic beats Nishikori in the US Open final. Wonder what odds you could have got on that happening before the tournament...

Cilic's win means that Andy Murray will slip out of the world's top 10 for the first time since 2008. Murray also drops to 11th place in the Race to London - with a significant number of points to make up on Tomas Berdych, who currently occupies the final qualifying position for the World Tour Finals. Murray is due to play three more events before November's event and may need to reach the final of either the Shanghai or Paris Masters to have a chance of qualifying.

Nishikori didn't even turn up in the final, Cilic beating him with very little effort. Mens tennis is getting very interesting at the moment, anyone of the top 20 can win a major now and not just the top 3 or 4. As for Murray, he's probably in the best form of the year so it wouldn't surprise me to see him get in the top 8 before the season's end.

• 4 months later...

Get to work on a name change for the thread James! I agree we should just carry this thread on.

Absolutely loving this, I don't think I've ever seen a set of tennis like that 2nd set. They've both broken again by 2-2 in the 3rd. I'm gonna miss the Super Bowl at this rate!