Tennis!

sahyder1

I really don't know how you can claim the injury was fake. He had the chance to take the set and couldn't run for the next point.

There you go Nadal clinches the 3rd.

The announcers have even questioned it, "Del Potro's got to be wondering if this is the same guy that apparently hurt his foot a couple of hours ago". Nadal routinely goes the injury route in Slams. There was even a graphic outlining all of his injuries in his last 4 GS losses. The only top ranked guy who I can think of who even comes close in the gamesmanship department was when Djokovic would run for hours then develop "breathing issues" just long enough to catch his breath and then go run for hours again. Finally, Sharapova is in that class for the women with her perfectly timed bathroom breaks which always come when she's losing.

None of the commentators here questions it and all of them thought it actually looked pretty serious. Nadal doesn't even come across as that type of guy either, so I don't get the hate regarding 'fake injuries'. Ace pretty much summed it up earlier with how many injuries Nadal suffers. Just because they happen often doesn't mean he's faking it, that's just a silly thing to try and claim.

And to be quite frank, this game shows why I love Nadal, because he's just so entertaining to watch (Y)

If your foot is seriously injured, you wouldn't be able to continue running down ball after ball for another 2-4 hours. Nadal is either related to Wolverine and has mutant healing skills, or he's a guy who routinely embellishes the extent of his injuries. Maybe that choice of wording is more suited to you than he's a guy who "fakes" injuries. If this was the first time he'd done something like this that would be one thing, but it's a pattern. Can anyone honestly remember the last time Nadal lost a match and didn't blame an injury for it?

Could have been so much more for Del Potro, he beat himself today with some costly mistakes and some bad luck. Won't get into the Nadal debate, but I will say the only time he ever seems to be on the ropes he's either injured or picks up an injury. This has been the case the past few years, and either his career is going to be as short as some of us expect or he it's some serious gamesmanship.

Loved watching the 4th Round matches today. Th resulta couldn't have gone any better either. Murray throguh relatively easily, both Williams sisters out, Lisicki & Pironkova through. My money right now would be on Sharapova and, depending how bad that injury is, Nadal. I'm not buying that he faked the injury either.

• Like 1

Loved watching the 4th Round matches today. Th resulta couldn't have gone any better either. Murray throguh relatively easily, both Williams sisters out, Lisicki & Pironkova through. My money right now would be on Sharapova and, depending how bad that injury is, Nadal. I'm not buying that he faked the injury either.

Are some people actually saying that?

I haven't heard any talk about Nadal faking his injury, although I wouldn't doubt that somebody somewhere might be wildly speculating about it. Speaking of Nadal, the BBC website is reporting that early signs suggest that the injury is looking less serious than was feared yesterday, and that Nadal should be able to play tomorrow. The official result of the scan has still not been confirmed, though.

Yes, because no other professional injury has felt an injury but has felt significantly better the next day. Perish the thought.

"Broken bones" tend to take more than 24 hours to heal. Unless you're Rafa Nadal. I don't know why the apologists can't accept that he blows up every ache and pain to biblical proportions every time he has a boo boo.

Cibulkova is rolling over like a dog here. Wozniacki probably would have gotten whipped too, but this match is painful to watch. This tournament is Sharapova's to lose <_<