Antecedently, in the Fargo thread...

Benji

• 3 months later...

This is going to be fun. Every cast announcement for season two was spectacular - season three looks like it'll be in the same direction. It'll be tough to beat Dunst, though. 

That said, I think I said the same about Thornton and Tolman in season one. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

What appears to be more or less the full main cast for season 3 has been announced in addition to McGregor and Coon and it's pretty fucking nuts. Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jim Gaffigan, Michael Stuhlbarg (who, of course, was the lead in A Serious Man), David Thewlis, Scoot McNairy, Fred Melamed, and Thomas Mann (the kid from Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl).

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

That's more like it.

Spoiler

Haven't revived this thread because I've never had much more than "David Thewlis is really good" or "hey, that LA trip was kind of interesting except for Mac the Cop," but it feels like we're finally getting somewhere really compelling. Putting Varga and Gloria in the same room, finally, and having Varga realize that he's going to have a way harder time doing his information-gatherer schtick on her because she's the one person as invisible online as he is was great, and while I didn't see Ray's death coming he's definitely the one who needed to go to up the stakes. He was the most expendable central character by far and his death makes both Nikki and Emmit more interesting going forward.

I really enjoyed the feature length premier for season three. Wasn't entirely sure at first, but where all the main characters were left at the end was quite compelling. 

• 2 weeks later...

These last two episodes have been stunning. This season started out a bit blander than the first two, but it managed to get better and better as it went on (including a really phenomenal stand-alone episode early on) and now I'm pretty hyped to see how it ends.

• Like 1