Random Music Thoughts

Benji

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/01/2016 at 23:25, Gorka said:

Generation Terrorists is a pretty good album but would be so much better if the Manics just cut the filler, made it a tighter album and clocked in around forty five minutes. It'd probably compete with The Holy Bible as my favourite Manics album then.

I'd keep everything up to Little Baby Nothing, put in Stay Beautiful and Condemned to Rock 'n Roll and maybe Methadone Pretty at the end. Then you have a supreme album.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So, Rush.

I really don't like them.

However, I love the guitar work in the song Working Man. It's really fucking bad ass. Shame Geddy Lee ruins it. I wonder if Rush is a band I could like if not for Geddy Lee. Did Rush ever do a side project where it was Rush without Geddy Lee? Probably not. Oh well.

Something I found out while looking at the wiki article for NC music

".Arthur Smith is the most notable North Carolina musician/entertainer who had the first nationally syndicated television program which featured country music. Smith composed "Guitar Boogie", the all time best selling guitar instrumental, and "Dueling Banjos"

That certainly wasn't what I was hoping to find.

• 9 months later...

Bumping this thread to save starting a new one.

Had an interesting discussion in work regarding festival headliners (since Reading are announcing their first for next year this week), which developed into a discussion regarding the size of the current headliner pool and who the greatest headliner of all time is.

It's completely subjective discussion, of course, but part of me wants to make a list and score it and actually work it out in an arbitrary way :P

But yeah, whilst I do that to distract myself, who do you think is the best headliner of all time?

For me, having watched some of their headline shows on Youtube and the like, I'd say Iron Maiden. Limiting it to bands I've personally seen headline, Foo Fighters were far and away the best.

• 1 month later...

I kind of want to move from Google Play Music to Spotify so I can start doing some EWB shared community playlists, but a) I don't already have nor have a desire to have a Facebook account required to use it, and b) AFAIK the storage for your own custom music isn't nearly large enough for my collection of music that isn't already on Spotify. So lame.

Apparently so. I tried signing in with my e-mail address and cause it is connected to a now deactivated FB account it wouldn't let me use it, and I ain't creating a new e-mail nor going back to the shit show that is Facebook just for Spotify. GPM is fine anyway, I just liked the idea of shared EWB playlists so we could explore new music together in a cool way.