[HYPE] TNA Resurgent

TNAResurgent-Hype.png

Greetings fellow TEW fans! I am a long time fan of TNA/Impact Wrestling. I remember when Corgan before his real life work with the NWA worked with Impact and was trying to buy control of the company?  This fell through in real life but what if this was not the case? What if Corgan did buy control of Impact and got rid of Dixie Carter? Well this answers those questions.

Quite a few things are changed in TNA Resurgent.

A whole new Alliance, The Corgan Coalition is in existence, a trading alliance for TNA and affiliate promotions. This includes TNA having a developmental fed of its own, MCW Wrestling (formally Maryland Championship Wrestling).

TNA/Impact itself is a bit different. Corgan, with the backing of off screen investors has brought in some new talent from other companies as well.  I plan on while developing this mod to have fan interaction polls about content so keep an eye out. I did have plans on a TEW 2016 release but due to a lack of interest in that port, I am focusing all efforts on TEW 2020. 

Now I need help porting this mod over. Anyone who wants to contribute feel free to and let me know here or via PM or Skype.

TNA Resurgent is also the planned launching point of my Wrestling multiverse.  So keep an eye out for news on that as well.

Edited by Warhawk8492
updating the op

8 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

So how exactely will this mod differ from other mods? Is it just going to be TNA with more starting money or will there be other changes as well? Like the proposed deal with AJ Styles and the Bullet Club that never happened. will they have gone through with it in your scenario?

TNA has signed several workers from WWE and a few other places before the mod gameplay starts.  For example Matt Taven leaves ROH along with Michael Bennett and Maria, teaming as The Empire in TNA. Jack Swagger jumps ship and is wreslting in TNA under his real name. John Hennigan jumped ship from LU as well, Zack Ryder is also in TNA as Zack Major teaming with Robbie as "The New BroMans". I plan on setting several other contracts in WWE to expire.  AJ Styles's contract with NJPW, ROH and other indy feds are also set to expire. Making it easy for a TNA or WWE player to sign him.

I'm actually a fan of those worker additions. Taven going with Bennett makes sense, as does Swagger, Ryder and Hennigan jumping ship from their companies.

I'd recommend AJ Styles and Bullet Club to be added as well, as they were very close on the deal  before they signed with WWE. I would recommend Barrett as well, but given that his contract's set to expire in June it may be best to hold off.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I am currently looking for someone to help me finish bodytypes and home regions for workers. Anyone who is interested feel free to contact me.

• 1 year later...

I am adding new workers to the database right now. Keep in mind this is a work in progress. I still have this on 16 right now but I AM porting it to 2020. 

2020-11-21-02-42-05-Window.pngI I

2020-11-21-02-44-11-Window.png

Edited by Warhawk8492

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great! But I do have a quick question!

Any reason why their "Color" Stat is so high? Unless I'm wrong (and I very much could be lol) a lot of these wrestlers didn't do any (or very little) Color Commentating/announcing around that area. So why so high?

14 minutes ago, kandi20 said:

Interesting! What made you choose Fedor Emelianenkoto add to the mod?

Thought he would make a cool edition in a what if mod. Could lead to a fun program with someone like Kurt Angle in game.