Football Manager 2005

botchedpiledriver

Football Manager 2005 feature list

List of features taken from SIGames.com

» Updated user interface

Football Manager’s user interface will look markedly different to anything that has come before. Navigation between screens will be easier, with each screen explaining what information is on offer and how to get to other, related information. Consistency between separate game elements will also be more noticeable than in previous football management games: operations such as player filtering and sorting will now work consistently throughout the game. The game’s look – which now includes a two-panel option – will also be easily customised, allowing managers to store their preferred views and to return quickly to them.

» Refined game engine

Sports Interactive’s long-standing and award-winning game engine has been refined and tuned in accordance with the feedback received from fans of its previous games. For example, the new game incorporate more than 30 extra fields for player data, including the all-new new ‘preferred moves’.

» Updated database and competition rules

As has always been the case with Sports Interactive’s management simulations, Football Manager 2005’s database and competition simulation will be as up-to-date and accurate as is humanly possible.

» Pre- and post-match information

Managers will be presented with enhanced information before and after each match, to show team line-ups, injuries and tactics before the match, and lots of stats about the match afterwards.

» International player news

For the first time, managers will receive information on international performances, allowing them follow their players’ careers and ascertain how they are performing at the highest level.

» Cup summary news

Events which unfold in each round of all of the major cup competitions will be delivered to the manager in a news summary.

» 2D clips from agents

Managers are likely to receive ‘video clips’ (executed using the game’s acclaimed 2D match engine) of a player’s performances, sent to them by that player’s agent with view to a possible transfer.

» Coach reports on squads

In addition to commenting on individual players, coaches will now offer their opinions on the squad as a whole, thus helping managers to decide which areas of their team need improvement.

» Job centre for non-playing positions

Non-playing jobs will be advertised through an in-game ‘Job Centre’, improving the manager’s ability to hire coaches and other staff.

» Mutual Contract termination

Managers will be able to offer surplus players an opportunity to agree mutual contract termination, which will reduce the cost of releasing players and trimming squads.

» Enhanced player loan options

Managers can now approach other clubs to offer young players on loan, a process which will make it easier to give younger players competitive experience. Also, when players’ loan periods expire, the manager will have an opportunity to extend the loan (where appropriate).

» Manager ‘mind games’

Managers can click on any other manager’s name and issue a comment to the media relating to that person. The effects of these comments will see an increase in the amount of pressure surrounding title races, relegation battles, Cup ties and so on. It will also be possible to use this feature in relation to your own players, other clubs, media pundits etc.

» Football Manager 2005 – Further Features

Playable leagues in 43 countries.

More than 140 playable senior divisions and in excess of 100 playable cup competitions.

Reserve and junior league competitions.

More than 235,000 players and staff (from 145 different countries) with players boasting more than 120 separate attributes and non-playing staff boasting 40.

A database of more than 14,000 clubs, 3,000 of which can be managed.

Data supplied by a network of more than 2,500 researchers from around the world.

Updated 2D ‘top-down’ match engine.

Improved ‘radio commentary’.

Increased interaction with the media.

Reworked injury system.

Improved scouting system.

Improved finance module to reflect the changing face of football.

Comments when negotiating with human managers (network multi-player game only).

Inclusion of U18 Caps.

More realistic awards system.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn straight, god I need this game. I was looking at the screenshots and it does look good. One thing I do like is that you can deploy a targetman system which will be perfect for the way I play in the lower leagues. Oh my!

What I like about this game is EVERYTHING. It looks so awesome, CM seems so dull compared to it. Plus it is going to be 40% faster \0/.

Also, everthing is skinnable which is great, I don't know how to skin things but people will, you can change how players look on 2D pitch and how the nets look and everything. It is going to be so sweet.

Online play with the manager war of words will be fricking SWEET. I can't wait.

Far too many good games out this year, god must want me to fail school or something. :) Amazon says December 10th release date, I smell Christmas present :D Will have GTA and PES4 to pass the time until then. Has anyone signed up for that thing where you are put into the game as a regen?

Has anyone signed up for that thing where you are put into the game as a regen?

I keep forgetting to borrow someones digital camera to do it, so no. Are you still able to? If so, I will get one done pronto :D

Does it have an official release date yet?

Well Amazon says 10th but Gamefaq's says 31st. There is a demo out on the 23rd of September with the release of a new issue of the FM2005 magazine. It will probably be availble to download too.

The face in the game competition still seems to be going, by the looks of things it ends on the 30th of Sep so still some time left to enter. http://www.sigames.com/faceinthegame/

OMG, Play.com says it's coming out on the 19th of November and they are selling it for £17.99 plus it's free delivery. Thats at least gonna be a saving of £12. biggrin.gif

You dirty filthy liar! £17 with free delivery? That can't be right, can it? If it is, guess where I am getting FM from B)

So, can you actually order the game from play.com now? Or is it just up there for viewing?

I think anything that's even shown on play.com is available to "buy". It'll sit in the "Coming Soon" status in your Orders Info until it's actually available - but if the price changes in any way before then you'll automatically be charged whichever one's lower. :D

do they deliver internationally???

There is a playusa.com, which is their North American version - but that seems to sell only DVDs (hah, they suck).

Returning to the site that actually sells games, play.com, they only deliver to European countries (mainly EU). Specifically:

Andorra

Austria

Belgium

Cyprus

Denmark

England

Finland

France

Germany

Gibraltar

Greece

Greenland

Guernsey

Iceland

Ireland

Italy

Jersey

Liechtenstein

Luxembourg

Malta

Monaco

Netherlands

Northern Ireland

Norway

San Marino

Scotland

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

United Kingdom

Vatican

Wales

...Greenland? :blink:

Edit: I also note the conspicuous lack of Portugal...

Edited by stokeriño

So, can you actually order the game from play.com now? Or is it just up there for viewing?

I think anything that's even shown on play.com is available to "buy". It'll sit in the "Coming Soon" status in your Orders Info until it's actually available - but if the price changes in any way before then you'll automatically be charged whichever one's lower. :D

Wait. So, if I pre-order it now, that's the max i'll have to pay for it?

Wait. So, if I pre-order it now, that's the max i'll have to pay for it?

Yes. Yes it is. :thumbsup:

Edit: Their exact words being -

"Please note: If the price of this item changes before it is dispatched, you will be charged the lower price."

You can do exactly the same with Championship Manager 5 (also £17.99), if anyone's interested.

It's amusing to look at the product descriptions actually. CM5 has a great deal of text listing specific features (including the horrendous pun "It's training men"). Meanwhile, FM has precisely two sentences.

I can sum up these two sentences as thus:

1) We made Championship Manager.

2) We've made it better.

^_^

Edited by stokeriño