Football Manager 2005

botchedpiledriver

SIGames.com has gone and died because I think every single male teenager the world over is trying to download the game from the site at once! Sodding thing won't even do anything...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5th November is on a Friday, where I finish my lecture at noon - which is about the same time that the post is delivered to my flat. I then have an extended weekend with no lectures/seminars until the following Wednesday morning.

It's like it were the work of God himself.

I can't wait for the full release, the gold demo feels much better to play than the beta, even tho not much has changed. But it definatley feels alot more smoother.

I started as Arsenal and have made a great signing in Scott Parker, £4.5M, as soon as I made the bid I realised he was on the transfer list for £3.4M, but Tottenham made an offer for him, so my £4.5m bid was justified. I also have signed Killgallon from Leeds, as well as Arron Lennon.

Edu has just announced he wants to leave the club at the end of the season on a Bossman. I Want to keep him, but when you have got, Vieira, Parker, Gilberto, Toure all playing for center mid, someone is going to get left out.

I was playing pretty good, but then I got hammered by Chelsea 5-1 :(

----------------------Henry Reyes----------------------

Ljungberg-----------------Parker-------------------Pennant

----------------------------Vieira-----------------------------

Cole---------------Campbell----Killgallon----------Lauren

-------------------------Lehman/Taylor-----------------------

I hope to god this is on the Internet aswell.

Edited by Cortez

I just downloaded the gold demo. I don't like this as much as CM4, and don't notice any significant updates to warrant buying it to be honest.

I don't like the interface or the changes to the 2D pitch - perhaps I'll warm up to it over time, but I'm not impressed at this point.

EDIT

Going more in depth here; I dislike the squad page. I dislike the way it's laid out / organised by default.

I don't understand the idea behind first XI and second XI.

I don't understand why I select a team, positions, etc, then click "Get Team Report", why it shows a report for a team that isn't the team I selected.

I dislike the new patterned, larger ball. I dislike the larger players.

I do like the search bar at the top. Very handy.

I dislike the tactics layout change.

The Team Report is for the team that your Assistant Manager believes is the best team you can field from your current senior squad.

Quite frankly, upon seeing my Assistant Manager's suggestion for Chelsea's starting line-up, I felt like firing him immediately. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

----------------------Henry    Reyes----------------------

Ljungberg-----------------Parker-------------------Pennant

----------------------------Vieira-----------------------------

Cole---------------Campbell----Killgallon----------Lauren

-------------------------Lehman/Taylor-----------------------

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

And to add to what I could of said before, I'll truly hate anyone that buys that big crusty piece of shit CM5, the only reason it was knocked up so fast is because its been manufactured through the deep and soggy depths of the asian slave trade, and because its rubbish. CM5 is the Dean Gaffney of Management games, I'd sooner buy some shit that EA had produced.

CM5 is for kids that don't know any better, and queers. Spread the word of Football Manager 05, take it to the streets.

The problem is everybody is still going to rush out and buy CM5 because they don't know what happened with the two companies. All my friends have been coming up to me and asking me if I'm going to buy FM and then I have to explain the whole story. Unfortunately, there are still loads of people that just havn't had a clue. Maybe once they play CM5 and see how crap it is they will want to try something 'new' and so will but FM and then realise that FM is the game they need.