Chart Wars 3

FLiam

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To use the editor to create bands, open it up, choose 'artists'. CLick the first artist in the drop list and click 'append', which will copy this artist. Then with the copied artist, write in all of the information you want. Repeat for all of the band members.

When you have them all, go into the bands section of the editor. Append an existing band, fill in the information, choose the artists and voila! There's your band.

If there is one more complaint about not being able to add in anything, I'm gonna snap. You can add in venues, song names, albums, and events for christ sakes. Don't complain about you not being able to edit anything when it's right in front of your face!

KOMODO- When you've chosen your single and your b-sides, goto your calendar. There should be about 5 days where your band will be recording the single. When you get a news message about the single being finished, go into the bands discography and and disc options, and choose 'release single'. Choose a date, the number of copies to press and go!

To finalize an album, you need in between 10-15 songs. If you have less than ten or choose more than 15, finalize will be unavailable. To choose a song for the album, click on it and it will say that it has been added.

SKINMYSENSES- One of the beta tester released a copy of the game. Because Rob didn't know who exactly did it, he didn't give a copy to any of the beta testers, and therefore, had to beta test himself. Consider the game right now as a beta. Soon all the errors will be gone. If he didn't release 6 updates in 2 days, people would bitch and complain about the creator sitting on his ass and doing nothing. Be grateful that your save games can be carried over, you can download a small file and continue.

ALSO- Did EWR have everything in it in it's first release? Some things that Rob Cooper has stated that he wants to be in for future version are things like collaborations, band audtitions, fire bands from your label, a better editor, faster load times, terminate contracts, greatest hits albums, remixes, etc... Be patient people and use what you have. The game is free. :)

So, I had started a new game of CW3 and it was loading, when I got an "Explorer has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." message. (Not Explorer as in, IE - but rather the Explorer you find in the Ctrl + Alt + Del menu.) So I shrugged it off and clicked OK and then went to re-start CW3 and now every time I click "Start New Game" I get

Run-time error 70: Permission denied.

Gah.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Ok. Jive releases R.Kelly, my company (Shady/Aftermath) along with Def Jam & Sony approach him. It then says he died last week in a plane crash. So i give up hope on signing him. then next thing i know Def Jam has signed R.Kelly.

I figured out my error, when my computer crashed CW3 stayed open but wasn't appearing on the toolbar, rather it hid behind my messenger windows.

SKINMYSENSES- One of the beta tester released a copy of the game. Because Rob didn't know who exactly did it, he didn't give a copy to any of the beta testers, and therefore, had to beta test himself. Consider the game right now as a beta. Soon all the errors will be gone. If he didn't release 6 updates in 2 days, people would bitch and complain about the creator sitting on his ass and doing nothing. Be grateful that your save games can be carried over, you can download a small file and continue.

ALSO- Did EWR have everything in it in it's first release? Some things that Rob Cooper has stated that he wants to be in for future version are things like collaborations, band audtitions, fire bands from your label, a better editor, faster load times, terminate contracts, greatest hits albums, remixes, etc... Be patient people and use what you have. The game is free. :)

Guest Small Blue

Rachel Stevens sold 0 copies of 'Some Girls' in the first week in the USA, before jumping up to 6th. Now is touring the US, before coming back to release a new single and album in the UK.

Scissor Sisters and trying to break the US too. Breaking Benjamin and Rufus Wainwright are doing well. Ash got to number #1 in the UK whilst The 411 only made 11 in America.

Britney Spears was killed in a plane crash, one week after that Jay-Z did exactly the same. Only to turn up at the AMA's and accept an award. Oh and Eric Clapton released his new single: Nookie! Oh yeah!