FiFa 17

METALMAN

Discovered my new favourite thing...

These pricks who Park The Bus from kick off and play Counter. If I go 1-0 up and they continue with Park The Bus, I have no issue in keeping possession inside my own half. Made two people quit today because they refuse to not play Park The Bus, even when behind. Even had one guy search me out on PSN just to rage about it. Apparently my mother is a 'stinky whore', who knew?

It's a problem with the game though. It seems people go park the bus because of how shocking the positioning of players is in general, but even more so from kick off.

Positioning is probably the wrong word - more that a player can dart at your midfield from kick off and by the time you switch players, he's running at your defence, and then when you switch to a defender, it's a ballache to get him into position to engage in a tackle. It's all a bit slow and leads to a lot of people just running at you from kick off. It's a mixture of what I said and FIFA's continuing coding of goals from kick off/45th/90th minute. It'd be a bloody fun game if it felt fair when playing online. 

I did try offline for the first time the other day and agree it's better than before - it does seem less bullshit goes on now. Whilst still a challenging, if you're leading with a minute to go it's not as cut and dry that the AI will do all in its power to fuck you so that the CPU can equalise.

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

It's a problem with the game though. It seems people go park the bus because of how shocking the positioning of players is in general, but even more so from kick off.

Positioning is probably the wrong word - more that a player can dart at your midfield from kick off and by the time you switch players, he's running at your defence, and then when you switch to a defender, it's a ballache to get him into position to engage in a tackle. It's all a bit slow and leads to a lot of people just running at you from kick off. It's a mixture of what I said and FIFA's continuing coding of goals from kick off/45th/90th minute. It'd be a bloody fun game if it felt fair when playing online. 

I did try offline for the first time the other day and agree it's better than before - it does seem less bullshit goes on now. Whilst still a challenging, if you're leading with a minute to go it's not as cut and dry that the AI will do all in its power to fuck you so that the CPU can equalise.

Positioning is fucking terrible though. The amount of goals I've conceded because my AI controlled RB literally RUNS IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION to open up a gap for their striker is unbelievable. I don't think I've encountered anyone parking the bus yet, or maybe I just don't pay enough attention because I usually dominate most games in an attacking sense anyway. I switch to Ultra Attacking straight from kick off 99% of the time because otherwise the attacking support is useless. It leaves gaps in behind that are vulnerable to the counter but I'm quite good at last ditch defending anyway so...

Yeah it's still very much there. But it's not a glitch as such, just in the game because "you're at your most vulnerable once you've scored" which in fifa terms means every one of your players turns into shit.

I still hate the keepers btw, which Niner will be happy about. If you're 2 goals down the opponent will have a worldy and save anything. Go 2-0 up and you'll more than likely get 5 or 6 because apparently the keeper's morale is so low that anything resembling a decent attempt goes in.

If somebody ever gets a game online where both you and the opponent has around 5 or 6 shots on target each but the score is still 0-0, I'd love to see it.

1 hour ago, Nerf said:

Positioning is fucking terrible though. The amount of goals I've conceded because my AI controlled RB literally RUNS IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION to open up a gap for their striker is unbelievable. I don't think I've encountered anyone parking the bus yet, or maybe I just don't pay enough attention because I usually dominate most games in an attacking sense anyway. I switch to Ultra Attacking straight from kick off 99% of the time because otherwise the attacking support is useless. It leaves gaps in behind that are vulnerable to the counter but I'm quite good at last ditch defending anyway so...

Not finding this at all to be honest. I start most games on Defensive mentality (since everyone plays 4-3-3 with some variation of the same pacey strikers up front), and I haven't found it overly difficult going forward. Still scoring plenty of goals.

The absolute worst thing about FIFA is that when people win the ball back in defense, they can just spam the pass button to find a player. This leads to even the most Robert Huth-like of defenders performing 180 first time passes straight into their front two.

Just won Division 3 on FUT seasons. Feeling way out of my league now.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Yeah it's still very much there. But it's not a glitch as such, just in the game because "you're at your most vulnerable once you've scored" which in fifa terms means every one of your players turns into shit.

Nah, it's a self fulfulling prophecy. People believe in the kick off glitch, so when their opponent kicks off and starts running at their perfectly defensively positioned team, they panic. Switching player every second, rushing in pressure, sliding all over the place, these all create massive gaps and imbalances in your defensive shape, it's no wonder the attacker can waltz through to a scoring opportunity.

If they defended the same way they did for the other 99% of the game, it wouldn't happen.

• Like 3

Finally qualified for the Weekend League. At the first attempt this week, too.

I'm especially pleased as I played really well in the final against a guy who seemed quite good. Got a lucky break for my goal but I definitely deserved to win - would have been annoyed at losing in another final.

Edited by Whisper
  • Like 1

I still think this is the cuntiest FIFA ever in terms of online and that if it didn't have pro clubs I probably wouldn't play it. 

I don't mind single player had fun against the AI but online is just the biggest crock of shite ever. What's the point in having a 87 rated goalkeeper if he's going to concede 3 goals from 3 shots....what's the point in playing when that is constantly the case. I'll have like 10+ shots every game and struggle to score because their keeper will save everything and mine saves nothing.

I used to like playing online and ultimate team and I could normally put up with the usual bullshit on past FIFA's but this seems like they've decided to turn up the bullshit factor by about a 100. 

Nice team!

I'm pretty settled with the two teams I currently have.

Premier League: Begovic; Shaw, Mustafi, Williams, Valencia; Matic, Walcott, Willian, Eriksen; Kane, Welbeck

Serie A: Handanovic; Koulibaly, Manolas, Benatia; Medel, De Rossi, Mertens, Cuadrado, Banega; Bacca, Eder

Ideally looking to replace Begovic and Welbeck in the Prem team, but the Serie A team is pretty set unless I stump up megabucks for the Juventus players.

Any word on who the next POTM SBC is gonna be? Need to try and prepare, I reckon Coutinho or Hazard, neither of which are gonna be cheap to assemble.