Overwatch thread

Quom

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Yeah, I doubt the locking characters in the battle pass idea sticks.  People already hate it, and their battle pass not only is pretty lame content wise, but its a grind to get through.   If I play Apex Legends for 2 hours, I'll probably get through 5-7 levels of it's battle pass.  With Overwatch I barely got through three.

I cannot see them abandoning the BP because the gave away the game for free. They need to keep the lights on. 

Wow, Orisa is so much tougher/better to play as in OW2 than 1. 

2 hours ago, RPS said:

I cannot see them abandoning the BP because the gave away the game for free. They need to keep the lights on. 

Not the battle pass, just locking new characters behind it

8 hours ago, Maxx said:

Not the battle pass, just locking new characters behind it

To be clear, anyone who owned and played OW1 has access to everyone except the newest character Kuriko. From what I've read, the idea is that new players will have access to 15 of the easier to learn to play characters and you earn new ones every so many matches, culminating in getting Echo at 150. 

Do I think they've got a little OTT with it? Yeah. I think they could have locked half the characters they have and I think 150 is a bit excessive a requirement for Echo of all characters, but I do understand the logic. 

That’s true in theory but in practice it’s been a shitshow merging accounts and most people still don’t have access to all the characters.

It’s a bad idea to lock new characters in the battle pass, which was their plan with Kiriko and likely their plan with whatever new character comes next.  It’s was a very poorly received idea, and it’s not something other games battle passes do very often.

She's a beast in OW2. 

Now that the game is actually functioning, most of the time, and I have all the characters unlocked, most of the time, I can say that I am enjoying it a bit more than OW1.  Someone asked me if it was more fun than OW1 and I thought it would be better described as "less not fun."  The removal of stuns is very welcome, the scaling back of barriers is nice as well, and overall I like the switch to 5v5.

Would definitely not want to be a healer main in OW2 though, much easier for them to get caught out and killed.  Which, for someone like me who never plays healer, is also a welcome change :shifty:

4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Would definitely not want to be a healer main in OW2 though, much easier for them to get caught out and killed.  Which, for someone like me who never plays healer, is also a welcome change

I don't necessarily feel this. Overwatch 2 added self healing for all healers - only Mercy and Lucio had it in OW1. So all other healer's can focus on themselves rather than predominantly using their passive heals on themselves. There were times I would use an Ana grenade to heal myself over others because I needed health and if DPS died - well at least I can heal others. So OW2 removed that choice by giving healers the benefit of self healing. 

I feel like you could say there being less tanks and shields around make all players and particularly healers exposed. But I think it just promotes better positioning. Overwatch was always a game where you needed to group together a squad. Moreso here in OW2. 

Positioning is definitely more important in OW2. I do love the crowd control elements with Orisa now, the javeline spin to mitigate damage is very powerful - I've survived ults with it - and the javelin launch is punchy enough to kill mid-health squishies, as well as being a knockback. Already took out a few unsuspecting players with enviro kills with either of those abilities (spinning jav also has a small knockback). 

Only downside I have found so far is that certain chars feel a bit overnerfed. Pharah's rockets feel slower than ever, and Junkrat's ult doesn't feel as dangerous as it once was. 

Blizzard released a patch and now the game is broken again.  It will find a game and then error when trying to start it.  For every mode, even training.

Just some amazing work from Blizz 

9 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Feel like I'm starting to get the hang of playing my old buddy Zenyatta again. Feels good!

Zen (and Baptiste and Ana) are great back line healers. They don't need to be front and center because they heal from a distance. Also hanging near the back of a battle is great because you have more line of sight for healing, but also can give you a wider sense of who you should be giving your orb of discord too. Zen does have increased melee damage and can knock players back but he's terrible up close. Always be close to your tank, don't try to push your team forward and rarely try to 1v1 a player. You have to be super aware of where you are on the field and where the enemies are. 

Brig, Mercy and Lucio are all front line healers because they physically need to be but for all three it's also the increased movement speed. I main Lucio, but he is great for moving a team forward. You can speed boost, push your team forward and knock back the tank and navigate the field. 

Moira is versatile because she can heal from a distance and up close. She can also protect herself easily with high DPS but also can cloak and move around. 

Man, the open role queue ranked game is crazy. Won a game on Push where we just went fuck it and went quad tank + lucio vs 2 tanks, 2 dps and 1 healer. All of our combined mitigation was better than a heal and we steamrolled them. 

1 hour ago, DFF said:

Man, the open role queue ranked game is crazy. Won a game on Push where we just went fuck it and went quad tank + lucio vs 2 tanks, 2 dps and 1 healer. All of our combined mitigation was better than a heal and we steamrolled them. 

Yeah that takes me back to Overwatch 1 quick play. It started with no hero limitation. Like you could pick 6 Bastions if you want. It changed from no hero limitations to no duplicate heroes to you role queue. They still have the role queue option but I wish they hard locked numbers in open role queue. Ie no more than 2 of one role. 

People are very susceptible to back caps these days and I love it.  I've won two games on Eichenwalde in overtime by just flying over the village and going to the point while the enemy team tries to hold the choke and never noticed.

If you truly want some chaos, flank your opponents with Orisa and watch them P A N I C. 

I do wish people had a little more tactical nous about them though. So many games we've faced Mercy pocketed Orisa's and everyone's just feeding the Orisa instead of focusing on the Mercy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DFF said:

If you truly want some chaos, flank your opponents with Orisa and watch them P A N I C. 

I do wish people had a little more tactical nous about them though. So many games we've faced Mercy pocketed Orisa's and everyone's just feeding the Orisa instead of focusing on the Mercy. 

The lack of people focusing on getting rid of the healers is what's bugging me currently as well, spent a whole push game targeting a Reinhardt with a permanently attached Mercy and couldn't do a thing about her because she was flying out of reach of my bombs. All I ask is for the guy playing Hanzo to maybe TRY to take out the flying menace.