Stranger Things

Benji

Hit today on Netflix, currently watching episode one (MAJOR SPOILERS WITHIN)...

Spoiler

That intro was amazing. Straight out of an 80s Spielberg movie. They've absolutely nailed the time frame.

The rest was decent, the most compelling stuff was blatantly the stuff with "11" (I assume that's what we're calling her), so I'm optimistic for when the show gets further in depth with the... well... the stranger things.

Disappointed that the best character got shot though :(

Overall it definitely knew what it was, and whilst it probably could have done with a bit more brevity to the length of the show, it's certainly got a lot of potential.

• Like 1

Episode two was absolutely terrific, much better than the first (which was already pretty good). Spoilers ahoy.

Spoiler

So Will is still in his house but has somehow manifested as some kind of supernatural creature, right? Has something else got powers and so he's been "hidden" by them to protect him from something else? It would explain why Elle says he is hiding. I feel like there's a lot more elements/characters in play than we've been allowed to know so far.

When a young boy disappears, his mother must confront terrifying forces in order to get him back.

It's also sort of an homage to 80s TV dramas, so much so that it's set in the 80s, and the posters and promo material for the show all look like they would have fit in perfectly in 1985.

Just finished episode 3.

So, I think this monster thing that got Beth and Will pulled them into a shadow dimension/realm or something. For reasons? But that doesn't explain the body they found...unless it was a fake, which I think it is.

Things are getting interesting.

I watched all of this on day 1. It's the shit. I hope we get a season 2. I wouldn't even mind if it drifts away from the story we know. Stranger Things could easily be an anthology story filled with 80's sci-fi/horror awesomeness.

• Like 1

It's fantastic. Finally finished it over the weekend. I am glad that someone gave David Harbour something significant to do too.

I can't wait for Season 2, whatever it brings. But in the mean time, I'll be (im)patiently waiting for the score to be released. 

Me and Jen have gotten up to Episode 6 so we only have two episodes left and I've got to say I think it's bloody fantastic and must watch TV. It's just fantastically written and a great homage to 80s Sci-Fi, the characters are interesting, the story is fantastic and leaves you wanting more and thinking "OMG what's gonna happen next!!" 

The fact that Jen likes it and she's incredibly fussy (I honestly thought after I showed her the trailer and told her what it would be about I assumed this would be another TV show I'd be watching on my own) also means it must be good <_<

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

End of season spoiler question. Don't look until you finish the season

Hide contents

Is 11 still alive? I didn't get why the Sheriff left Eggo's in that box. And does he work for the Government now? I was confused.

I'm assuming yes to both.

• Like 2