Great British Bake Off

Liam

I think Matt is funny but he's not exactly bringing what I loved about Mel, Sue, Sandi and Noel.

22 hours ago, Baddar said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I really like Peter, but I don't want him to win. I am rooting for either Laura or Hermin.

I find Matt and Noel a great pairing. He also strikes me as someone the bakers really like having around too, which lets him do some really goofy stuff. I could absolutely see how people wouldn't like him though.

Spoiler

I don't know if the British broadcast is ahead of Netflix, but we have the semifinals going up next week. I think they got the last 4 right and really the whole top 5 were generally strong bakers. Hermine is my pick to win because when she does well it's just so much better than anyone else's best. But that was basically the case with Steph last year. So maybe Hermine has a bad week ahead of her that'll derail her.

Spoiler

Bit of a shitty decision that. As much as I like Laura, she's struggled almost every single week and always manages to scrape through. There wasn't much between her and Hermine in the semi's, and Hermine came off the back off two Star Baker wins.

Still think Peter is going to win. He comes across as a bit smug. Couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like him before this episode but I think that's the reason.

With that said, he's the best baker overall so would fully deserve the win. 🤣

Spoiler

Yeah that's a BS elimination. The consistency of never being at risk of elimination vs. Laura who is always close to being eliminated should have been what helped them make their decision. Not "oh gosh you finally had a bad week time to go".

Either of the guys could win the final. They (along with Hermine) have been the clear best all show. With all this said watch Laura put together her best week and win on that alone.

I don't mind Peter but he's a little smug. He'd fit in great on a US cooking or baking show. He's basically been training his whole life to be in this position on this show, so it's a tad annoying I think when comparing it to more traditional home bakers. But at this point in the show's popularity it's hard to say there are many people going on who haven't been inspired by or working towards being contestants.

Spoiler

Yeah Hermine would've won if she made it. Dave was the only baker who I don't think ever had a truly bad week, just some bad bakes. Peter had a bad week or two if I recall. I'm fine with Peter winning and I guess it did come down to only one of his treats on his showstopper being subpar as opposed to two on Dave's.

Laura really had no business being in the final.

On 24/09/2020 at 01:48, Colly said:

I watched some episodes last night. Stopped when the pastry week episode started. Matt is doing a bang up job as the new co-host, and Heidi and I have already laughed about as much as we did during all of last season.

Wasn't sure if I was watching Nailed It! instead when they did the celebrity cakes. (Oh, lord, the David Bowie one looked like Fat Elvis as Ziggy Stardust!) If you do get Nailed It! on Netflix, I highly recommend watching it.

Avoiding spoilers, but I hope Peter makes it to the finale. Rowan lasted about two episodes longer than he should have.

Edited by GhostMachine

• 9 months later...