Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

So I decided I wanted the Ram skull to match my Alligator skull on Arthur's tent. So I looked online and saw that the Legendary Ram is somewhere West of Valentine and assumed that meant that I could probably find some regular rams out that way too.

So I rode into Valentine and then headed out West. Found a lovely spot near a stream to leave my horse, got my bow and my rifle, and headed into the rocks.....where I promptly got bitten by a poisonous snake. My hat also fell off in the area where the snake was.

So after performing a hat rescue, and then using a health tonic and some ginseng to counteract the snake bite, I headed back into the mountains....

I then spent an hour real time looking for a ram. I finally found one, and lined up an arrow to the neck, and just as I was about to let it fly, some dickhead rode by on a path on the other side of the ram, spooked it, and my shot hit it somewhere in the side.

So I chase the bastard down, and kill it this time, all for a Poor Ram Pelt. I skin it anyway, and whistle for my horse. I load it on my horse, and as I am doing so, the red predator dot lights up. So I unsling my pump action and turn to see a charging grizzly!!

I manage to kill the bastard, and decide to take his skin instead of the ram. I load it on the horse, and we make it about 30 feet away, when I hear more roaring and another grizzly comes out of nowhere and about kills my horse. 

I get tossed, but manage to get up before it can attack again and pump about 7 rounds into his head. I heal my horse, skin that bear, and head the fuck out of there. I saw the predator dot pop up again, but didn't stop to find out what it was.

The moral of this story is, that the woods across the river, west of Valentine are fucking dangerous!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

So I decided I wanted the Ram skull to match my Alligator skull on Arthur's tent. So I looked online and saw that the Legendary Ram is somewhere West of Valentine and assumed that meant that I could probably find some regular rams out that way too.

So I rode into Valentine and then headed out West. Found a lovely spot near a stream to leave my horse, got my bow and my rifle, and headed into the rocks.....where I promptly got bitten by a poisonous snake. My hat also fell off in the area where the snake was.

So after performing a hat rescue, and then using a health tonic and some ginseng to counteract the snake bite, I headed back into the mountains....

I then spent an hour real time looking for a ram. I finally found one, and lined up an arrow to the neck, and just as I was about to let it fly, some dickhead rode by on a path on the other side of the ram, spooked it, and my shot hit it somewhere in the side.

So I chase the bastard down, and kill it this time, all for a Poor Ram Pelt. I skin it anyway, and whistle for my horse. I load it on my horse, and as I am doing so, the red predator dot lights up. So I unsling my pump action and turn to see a charging grizzly!!

I manage to kill the bastard, and decide to take his skin instead of the ram. I load it on the horse, and we make it about 30 feet away, when I hear more roaring and another grizzly comes out of nowhere and about kills my horse. 

I get tossed, but manage to get up before it can attack again and pump about 7 rounds into his head. I heal my horse, skin that bear, and head the fuck out of there. I saw the predator dot pop up again, but didn't stop to find out what it was.

The moral of this story is, that the woods across the river, west of Valentine are fucking dangerous!!

It's funny, I always seem to run into some sort of trouble like this when I have perfect pelts on my horse and then end up dying. But everything goes smooth when I have poor pelts to donate/fence.

2 hours ago, Kaney said:

Yeah you don't need all at once, the trapper counts them toward the upgrades as you give them over.

So I should bring them to the trapper (who I should find)? I've been bringing the pelts and carcasses to the camp. 

9 hours ago, Ruki said:

So I should bring them to the trapper (who I should find)? I've been bringing the pelts and carcasses to the camp. 

Legendary pelts go to the trapper, other pelts go to the camp.

5 hours ago, Gazz said:

Legendary pelts go to the trapper, other pelts go to the camp.

Legendary and Perfect pelts go to the trapper.  He can craft you a ton of different clothing and other items if you sell him perfect pelts

8 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

This game is fucking frustrating. Why do you guys even like it?

It's the best open world game I have ever played and the hype of it feeling like a lived in world was so true. Why do you dislike it so much?

2 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

It's the best open world game I have ever played and the hype of it feeling like a lived in world was so true. Why do you dislike it so much?

Annoying things that are supposed to make it more realistic or whatever. Like constantly having to clean my gun or brush my horse. Routine maintenance does not make for a fun game at least not for me

Also I had to chase a guy on horseback and my horse ran out of stamina and unless I'm missing something there is no way to give the horse more stamina without pulling up the menu which means my horse stops moving and the guy gets away.

Plus minor stuff like I can get in a fist fight with a guy in town and beat him half to death but if I dare take the dollar he has off of him I get a $20 bounty and the sheriff starts shooting at me

You can pull up the wheel to give your horse stamina boosts when you’re on the move.

And if you time your button pressing correctly, the horse barely loses any stamina. 

Still quite early in the game and it is tremendous. Not one to blitz through which is nice.