Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

47 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Yesterday I had a prisoner run up to me to shoot his chains off, so I did and he give me a tip for a house robbery as thanks, which I decided meant he hadn't learned anything in prison and was still a threat to the public so I lassoed him and donated him to a hungry bear.

Hopefully that'll teach him to be better in future.

You gonna check out that house?

I don't even know where he meant tbh, he just said "south of Rhodes" and the only place I can think of down there is Braithwaite Manor? Which isn't an option. I don't think I've robbed any houses on this actually, most houses seem to be locked anyway. Not sure if there's a way to tell where you can rob.

Most robberies don't even seem that worth it anyway, end up paying most of it back and sometimes adding to it with your own money just to clear the inevitable bounty that comes with it. 

It's north of Rhodes I thought.  Javier gave me a really good robbery mission, some house north of Valentine, home to a family of probably inbred, strange talking thieves.  Good payout and no bounty resulting.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Here's something I never thought I'd ask when I started this game. 

Any tips on how to find the runaway Zebra? :P 

Just stumbled on my first Klan rally. They were in a circle inducting a new member so I chucked a stick of dynamite in the middle of it :D 

I've yet to find any Klan members :(

Was strolling through a hilly area off a path and came across a random guy's tent. He tells me I shouldn't be here and to keep going. I try to defuse the situation whilst still going. He has a go at me again, so again I try to defuse as I carry on. He pulls out his gun. Not wanting to lose any morale by killing him, I pull out my lasso.

I lasso him. He falls on the floor. He starts shooting at me from the floor. He dies. Figured he shot himself.

No.

He fell over onto his own campfire and set himself on fire.

I looted his corpse and camp and went on my way like he wanted.

Edited by New Damage
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

I'm certain he said South to me. Need to track the bear I fed him too, see if I can sellotape him back together and get some definitive answers.

It's Catfish Jackson's, it's south of Rhodes and a little bit South-east of Braithwaite Manor.

Watch out for the cougars.

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

It's Catfish Jackson's, it's south of Rhodes and a little bit South-east of Braithwaite Manor.

Watch out for the cougars.

I've only run into one. Random encounter with a person screaming for help in a tree. I walk over to help, didn't see the cougar. It killed me before I could get out my weapon :(

I bought it, the only reason I was hesitating was due to the amount of animal killing/being killed by animals that I hate in games. It seems too good a game to let that get in the way, even if I killed more wolves in chapter 1 then I did people.

Ended up stuck hunting the legendary bear with my new horse, L'il Sebastian. After the initial encounter I carried on going after it, and when I found it I forgot I had my binoculars equipped. Safe to say they didn't help and the bear killed me. I'm after revenge now but I'm incredibly tentative after watching the cut-scene of the first attempt.

Was riding out to get the gunslinger bounty (I think I'm still in Chapter 2, I have the Javier Esquela Blackwater mission I've been putting off) and rode through an area with a legendary hunt. There was a hog running around, and it ran past me, then all of a sudden I heard like almost a whip sound and the hog squeal and die. I took off and didn't look back, my horse was going crazy. I think that's the closest I've got to a cougar.

I put a golden trigger on my varmint rifle. I'm gonna be swagged out.